• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#901 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

damn, I was relly hoping we had a guard and he hit BB. Wishful thinking I guess.

Eloth being in early on both trains pings my radar a little.

@Osseric we didn't "almost not get a lynch" I was around for hammer as was one other I believe. We had plenty of votes. Not sure this matters, but I wasn't feeling rushed. (like on the last day of tappers game, which was intense).

I just don't get the feelings others have. I dont have a scum read on Okaros at all. Maybe its my initial belief that scum wouldn't silence their own on day one. I gotta get past that.

How do you know that is NOT what happened?

Vote Korlat

#902 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 11 January 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

I figured it out!

Eloth and Tulas Shorn are the only ones whose names don't start with K, O, or S. Therefore the scum team is Eloth and Tulas. Since Tulas' second name starts with S he is obviously UB. Eloth is BB.

Case solved. You can thank me later.

#903 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 January 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

damn, I was relly hoping we had a guard and he hit BB. Wishful thinking I guess.

@Osseric we didn't "almost not get a lynch" I was around for hammer as was one other I believe. We had plenty of votes. Not sure this matters, but I wasn't feeling rushed. (like on the last day of tappers game, which was intense).

I just don't get the feelings others have. I dont have a scum read on Okaros at all. Maybe its my initial belief that scum wouldn't silence their own on day one. I gotta get past that.

Vote Korlat

Because you were so self assured and smug, saying that you had a trick up your sleeve.

#904 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 January 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

Pretty sweet result!

If we do have a guard, there is no point in revealing...so please don't. It's possible it was a heal. You can try to guard again tonight and if we have another no NK then you can reveal if we havent hit BB. If we don't have a guard... lol not sure whats going on, but it would be good to find out who Shelly healed. Might help us down the line if it turns out there is no guard.

Anyway, off to bed!

From before my reveal, I knew that I'd survive the night - I am not entirely stupid. Let's leave it at that.

You said yourself that you KNEW you would survive the night. That makes the chance of a succesful guard action much much smaller.

#905 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Pretty sweet result!

If we do have a guard, there is no point in revealing...so please don't. It's possible it was a heal. You can try to guard again tonight and if we have another no NK then you can reveal if we havent hit BB. If we don't have a guard... lol not sure whats going on, but it would be good to find out who Shelly healed. Might help us down the line if it turns out there is no guard.

Anyway, off to bed!

From before my reveal, I knew that I'd survive the night - I am not entirely stupid. Let's leave it at that.

You said yourself that you KNEW you would survive the night. That makes the chance of a succesful guard action much much smaller.

Ehm, no. It doesn't mean anything about the chance that there is a guard, or even a succesful guard. For all you can know, killer was guarded and didn't target me. I find it rather odd that you come out and start babbling about a guard when there is no guarantee whatsoever that there is one, yet you start clamoring for one to reveal and outlining their strategy in your first post of the day. I am much more content to let the roles that are hidden decide on their own strategy.

Then you go back to guards again in your second post of the day. It seems almost like you were hoping for a town role to out themselves. Believe me, the more town roles remain hidden the better, for we also get BB2 after we find BB1.

I really don't like your start of this day.

#906 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Oh wait, of course you ask them to not reveal now (in your first post), but guard the same guy. If scum withdraws his kill tonight, the guard comes out tomorrow and we are in deep shit with two outed roles unless he was bang on. Still not smart and still scummy from you.

#907 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 January 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Oh wait, of course you ask them to not reveal now (in your first post), but guard the same guy. If scum withdraws his kill tonight, the guard comes out tomorrow and we are in deep shit with two outed roles unless he was bang on. Still not smart and still scummy from you.

Yeah, like a killer is going to withhold 2 nights in a row while town narrows down its list day by day. You need to think before you type these things.

#908 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 January 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Pretty sweet result!

Anyway, off to bed!

Ehm, no. It doesn't mean anything about the chance that there is a guard, or even a succesful guard. For all you can know, killer was guarded and didn't target me. I find it rather odd that you come out and start babbling about a guard when there is no guarantee whatsoever that there is one, yet you start clamoring for one to reveal and outlining their strategy in your first post of the day. I am much more content to let the roles that are hidden decide on their own strategy.

Then you go back to guards again in your second post of the day. It seems almost like you were hoping for a town role to out themselves. Believe me, the more town roles remain hidden the better, for we also get BB2 after we find BB1.

I really don't like your start of this day.

Are we playing a different game? Until you stated that you KNEW you wouldn't be NK'd, the logical assumption was that there was a guard that guarded BB. Once you stated that you KNEW that you wouldn't be NK'd that changed everything around. There is more in play than just a guard and if you KNEW you weren't going to die, the chances that there was actually a successful guard (or a guard at all for that matter) is dramatically decreased. Is it still possible? Sure, but not very likely. Look at the sequence of our posts. I think you are assuming that I know more than I do. I am only reacting to what has been put out on the thread.

#909 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Yeah, like a killer is going to withhold 2 nights in a row while town narrows down its list day by day. You need to think before you type these things.

Like I said, I could have had a BP.

#910 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 January 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Exactly, which makes the chance that there was a successful guard much less likely. Thats why the guard ( if there even is one) would want to make sure and guard the same person twice to verify if they actually guarded correctly last night , or if the reason for no NK was a mechanic with your role that allowed you not to be NK'd. He needs to make sure so as to not prematurely blow his wad. Is this hard to understand? I think I am having a really off game. My ability to get my point across is just not happening.

#911 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 January 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 13 January 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 13 January 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 13 January 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

If Shelly is actually a healer, I suppose that would mean the killer attacked her, and she healed herself.. wait. Can healers heal themselves? Brain fart.

Of course, shelly could be BB, and didn't kill so she can claim that she stopped a kill on herself.

Yeah, my first inclination is to say "yay Shelly" cause we avoided another NK and got one up on scum. But often healers can't self heal, and just don't know in this type of game what conditions would be put on a healer. However, I just had a thought: If the healer were paired (which means we have an ace in the hole :p) I could see a self heal being allowed.

I dunno, Shelly will take a further back position on my list for now.

Really the one that bothers me is Okaros. He is calm, cool and collected, despite the fact that his "convincing" case, which confidently defended against any dissension, ended up killing off an inno. And then following the lack of NK, he says essentially "interesting, let's see how this plays out, i have thoughts, but I'm not going to post them atm."

As I said yesterday, I wasn't seeing the case on Atrahal (got called a symp for such thoughts as well) and also said I suspected scum were in on that lynch. I'm kind of nervous that Okaros is trying to lead the discussion and that his interests aren't the same as town's.

So Okaros, care to share those secret thoughts of yours?

Yes I have some thoughts but they will have to wait till I get home this evening and I can put it together. I didn't want to muddy the thread with my thoughts if we were just going to get a "yep, here's the killer" straight up from someone, but that's probably wishful thinking. Even Shelly has decided to be super-mysterious about what's gone on.

Simple. being open counts out too many options and variables that only have an impact on scum's decision making.

Let's look at the options of my ability, shall we?

If I can self-heal, would I want scum to know 100% for certain? I'll then be playing a game where I have to gamble on self-healing or not, second-guessing what scum would prefer.

If I have a partner, would I want that out on thread for scum to know? Because if I have one, a re-read might just point out who and that once again works only to our detriment.

Scum might have withheld. Unlikely, but possible. If I now say I healed someone else, they'll know I am fair game because if I can self-heal, it makes sense I did that last night.

I may even have had only a BP and decided to draw a NK my way with yesterday's antics to slow scum down by a night.

Yes, I'm aware of all this, but you do realise you're asking for some sidelong glances coming your way when you make comments such as, "well, I knew I COULDN'T be NK'd actually." If you're going to stand by the whole not giving anything away, then try and disengage smug mode too.

Having said that, if your reveal subseqeuntly made BB target you and fail, then kudos and thanks for saving an inno life.

#912 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 January 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Vote Korlat

Because you were so self assured and smug, saying that you had a trick up your sleeve.

Exactly.

#913 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostKorlat, on 13 January 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 13 January 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Exactly, which makes the chance that there was a successful guard much less likely. Thats why the guard ( if there even is one) would want to make sure and guard the same person twice to verify if they actually guarded correctly last night , or if the reason for no NK was a mechanic with your role that allowed you not to be NK'd. He needs to make sure so as to not prematurely blow his wad. Is this hard to understand? I think I am having a really off game. My ability to get my point across is just not happening.

Welcome to my world.

#914 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostOsseric, on 13 January 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Interesting how you weren't on either train. Especially the Atrahal one, when it came down to it we almost couldn't lynch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#915 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Posted Image

:p

#916 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

This is day 3. WE freeze is in effect

11 Players still alive: Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

6 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Korlat ( Sheltatha Lore )

Players not voted: Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#917 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostSilanah, on 13 January 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Interesting how you weren't on either train. Especially the Atrahal one, when it came down to it we almost couldn't lynch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My comment was directed at Tulas Shorn, Silly baby. Don't be stressin.

#918 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostOsseric, on 13 January 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

My comment was directed at Tulas Shorn, Silly baby. Don't be stressin.

#919 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, I'll admit I haven't been doing my job as a member of the team as well as I should be. Both lynches happened during my normal waking hours, but I just wasn't able to get online at that time, unfortunately. I didn't particularly object to either lynch happening, so I would have hammered if I were on. Atrahal in particular I would not just have been hammer but probably would have changed votes and voted earlier for him, simply because he'd pinged my scumdar.

Both days earlier on I voted for the person I found bothered me most. Both times my votes were ignored in my absence, so I haven't been that helpful in that respect either I guess. I would make a case to back up my suspicions, but I don't feel there was really enough there to make anything convincing beyond some circumstantial stuff and my gut instinct. Both of which, in my mind, still point to Eloth and Karat. Those 2 and Silanah I find the most suspicious.

One other thing, Karat misconstrued my vote reasoning on him yesterday. I made the posts on Eloth, but my referral to earlier posts as my reason to vote karat refer to a much earlier post - one made before my Eloth comments.

#920 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Yeah, I'll admit I haven't been doing my job as a member of the team as well as I should be. Both lynches happened during my normal waking hours, but I just wasn't able to get online at that time, unfortunately. I didn't particularly object to either lynch happening, so I would have hammered if I were on. Atrahal in particular I would not just have been hammer but probably would have changed votes and voted earlier for him, simply because he'd pinged my scumdar.

Both days earlier on I voted for the person I found bothered me most. Both times my votes were ignored in my absence, so I haven't been that helpful in that respect either I guess. I would make a case to back up my suspicions, but I don't feel there was really enough there to make anything convincing beyond some circumstantial stuff and my gut instinct. Both of which, in my mind, still point to Eloth and Karat. Those 2 and Silanah I find the most suspicious.

One other thing, Karat misconstrued my vote reasoning on him yesterday. I made the posts on Eloth, but my referral to earlier posts as my reason to vote karat refer to a much earlier post - one made before my Eloth comments.

Not necessarily deliberate. I have to admit that I too was a little lost as to why you were voting Kara after talking about Eloth after I read that post.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

16 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users