• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#921 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 11 January 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 11 January 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

I would like to believe that those who jumped onto the Tiamathia vote early on were just townies relieved at having such a straightforward lynch true to mafia hatred of low posters. However, I am also interested in how some people (like OE) have Tiam at the top of their list with no mention of Silanah. Probably just carelessness, but I would bet money that there will be scum behind this vote.

I really don't like this post. Karat gives in to a lynch inevitable, but makes sure he pours these caveats on afterwards. Putting the vote up first, and then coming up with a couple more posts in a row to basically water down their own vote, just seems like scum gleefully dropping a vote, and then realizing they'd better contribute so as not to seem bloodthirsty.

The so-called swing votes (4 and 5 positions) were Atrahal and Sheltatha. Sheltatha doesn't really strike me either way. They voted elsewhere, and seemed to justify their vote well enough.

Atrahal's progression to the vote bothered me though, and ends up tied to Eloth in my mind. Basically, he asks the thread if we should consider going after low posters. Then, Eloth makes the quote case on Tiam. Atrahal does some other discussion and then does this:

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Well, I'm ready to proceed, based on all avaiable info. We need to move forward, I'd prefer to not miss a lynch opportuntiy

Vote Tiamatha

This vote came about 7 hours before timeout. This is a swing vote, with some strong directional language behind it. "We need to move forward, I'd prefer not to miss a lynch opportunity"

Here is the post I was referring to. And then after that Karat and I had a little back and forth, my posts were #'s 576, 579, 582 and 584.

Actually, thinking about it in this manner makes me wonder if Karat was deliberately playing dumb as to what I was referring to. I would have thought he would have remembered this exchange earlier in the day.

Due to the limited nature of my time to play in this game, the strategy I was trying to employ was to look at and vote other people while I was on in hopes of garnering more reactions from the voted and supply other lines of inquiry for the thread. That hasn't really happened, but since there has been lots of discussion in this game anyways I don't feel so bad about being ignored.

#922 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Just ducking in real quick to say I will be out for most of the weekend. I might be on at some point in the next 2 days, but won't have much time to post. I'll be back and rarin to go on monday.

#923 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

I will be in and out this weekend and will probably do some posting. I'm outta here for now though.

#924 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yawn

sorry peeps, i had moring class and then i took a power nap that took me up till now.

I'll be on tomorrow (while doing homework), but heading out soon.

#925 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

O.o

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#926 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Sure is quiet around here.

#927 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostOsseric, on 14 January 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Sure is quiet around here.

You can say that again.

#928 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

AAAAAAaand I have returned.

#929 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

I find it strange that so many players seem so suspicious. It's more than a little confusing.

I don't have a read on Eloth at all, and trying to re-read his posts have made me none the wiser. Silanah too, but to some extent she can be excused based on the silencing, but that too is suspect. I still don't trust Korlat, partially.. no mainly because she got so very upset because of my vocal suspicions even though not a single vote followed. It was the sort of overreaction I'd suspect from scum.

Finally there's Shelly. Who claims a whole lot of highly improbable scenarios for why she's alive today. None of them seem terribly likely in my opinion, but then I'm naturally paranoid.

#930 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Back from my weekend away, was sort of a surprise really and didn't have any internet. It seems like I didn't miss too much, i'll have a read through and see what's happened

#931 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostEloth, on 16 January 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Back from my weekend away, was sort of a surprise really and didn't have any internet. It seems like I didn't miss too much, i'll have a read through and see what's happened

EVERYTHING EXPLODED! RUN BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE!

#932 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

I thought i'd comment as I go through as there are many posts that i'd miss otherwise

View PostAtrahal, on 11 January 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

What makes you think Okaros is scum? Might be hard to explain. Sorry.

So you think Shelly could be playing us for idiots, then?

Posted Image

So Atrahal thinks Okaros is scum based on his gut, then Okaros comes on and makes two cases in a row, one on me and another on Atrahal, the thing here is my case looks like a joke, i'm actively looking for scum yet this makes me scummy.

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Eloth:

- First significant contribution was to make a case on Osseric whose main point was that Sorrit appeared to be symping him.

- Later, this case was changed to Osseric is probably inno, and Sorrit may have been fake-symping in order to get him lynched.

- There was also a case on Tiamatha which pointed out the low-content posting.

- Some posts which effectively just sum up what's been going on.

- BUT, the most damning evidence is presented below:

View PostEloth, on 10 January 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Well I won't be around until the end of day now it's bedtime for me.

Remove Vote

I have less than 10 mintues before I get it in the neck :p

View PostEloth, on 10 January 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

I am in the naughty book now, someone wanted me in bed like 15 minutes ago. Night all

Who dares risk the wrath of their significant other over a game of Mafia? Who stays up anxiously waiting to see what the response to their posts will be and where the voting is going? SCUM, THAT'S WHO!!!!!

Edit: who's to whose.

I wouldn't be around for 7-8 hours towards the end of the day, I didn't want to go away and not leave a vote, the people after me had plenty of time to change their mind and they also had enough numbers if they thought a better person should be lynched. This case was poor, it had a feel of a joke vote which was why I didn't respond to it at the time but thinking about it, you may have done that to make your case against Atrahal a lot stronger..

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

Atrahal for realz:

View PostAtrahal, on 09 January 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Checking in

Korlat, already trying to get that post count up there...

First post and already trying to throw suspicion on someone...

View PostAtrahal, on 09 January 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Ok, a question for somebody that played a Benses game before - The OP says there will be 1 Big Ben & 1 Uncle Ben - Can we expect any other scum ie. standard symps etc?

Wanting to know if he can expect any more scum help.....

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Well, I'm ready to proceed, based on all avaiable info. We need to move forward, I'd prefer to not miss a lynch opportuntiy

Vote Tiamatha

After some popping in and out to add to the Osseric WIFOM discussion without committment either way, he also pops this vote on - standard non-commital scummy reasoning (i.e. I know he's inno, so I can't be bothered to rack my brain for a convoluted lie as to why I'm convinced Tiam's scum).

And now a selection of Atrahal's preferred posting style:

View PostAtrahal, on 09 January 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 09 January 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

We've had a lot of avatar talks the past couple games... so boring.

And what alternative do you propose?

Question?

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

View PostOlar Ethil, on 10 January 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

i love rules, my little path shaper. come close and let me explain them to you in detail...don't worry, we'll "behave"...

Olar Ethil, stop flirting and answer me this:

Why are you voting Osseric? Have you changed your mind in the light of day?

Question.

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Should we get low-posters on Day 1? I know they are popular targets on Day 2-3, if there's no one else being prosecuted.

Question.

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

So what, then?

Question.

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

So, what do we do about that?

Question.

Try using your own brain perhaps? Or would that be sticking your neck out too much?

You didn't even lay a vote down, this makes me think that you want to try and direct us into lynching Atrahal without actually being on the beginning of the train.

#933 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostAtrahal, on 12 January 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I was thinking he may give us something here, something to work with but

View PostAtrahal, on 12 January 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Yeah, I find myself much more comfortable voting for Atrahal following Karatallid's case. Although I'll hold until Atrahal finishes whatever argument he's planning to make.

Posted Image

He gives us this and not much more.

#934 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostSorrit, on 16 January 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Finally there's Shelly. Who claims a whole lot of highly improbable scenarios for why she's alive today. None of them seem terribly likely in my opinion, but then I'm naturally paranoid.

Oh god, here we go again. Is it so hard to see why I won't confirm or deny what exactly happened last night?
If you don't like it, vote.

#935 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

Anyhow, I have been confronted by a deadline at work, which sucks major balls. I will be mostly incommunicado for today and perhaps tomorrow.

#936 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Didn't realise there were still only 4 votes.

Vote Atrahal

Because scum are ALWAYS silenced on day 2. Fact!*

*may not be actual fact.

You was first to make the case against Atrahal, everyone thought he was scummy at this point and there was no alternative coming forth. Yet you waited until at least three people had already voted before laying down your vote.

Right now it looks to me like you're trying to direct the thread without actually putting yourself out there.

#937 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 16 January 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 16 January 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Oh god, here we go again. Is it so hard to see why I won't confirm or deny what exactly happened last night?
If you don't like it, vote.

Oh I understand that from a healer's perspective it wouldn't make sense to confirm anything, but I'm getting suspicious of your original claim.

#938 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostEloth, on 16 January 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Didn't realise there were still only 4 votes.

Vote Atrahal

Because scum are ALWAYS silenced on day 2. Fact!*

*may not be actual fact.

You was first to make the case against Atrahal, everyone thought he was scummy at this point and there was no alternative coming forth. Yet you waited until at least three people had already voted before laying down your vote.

Right now it looks to me like you're trying to direct the thread without actually putting yourself out there.

Interestingly enough, I have in my notes that Shelly was "possibly pulling attention away from Okaros following my second vote".

#939 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Ok, so here's what I've been thinking over the weekend (not all of it, obviously, that would just be silly). I decided to wipe the slate clean, try and cast out all prior suspicions, and approach the thread anew. So who is my biggest suspect now? Kessobahn. Yeah, I know, where did that come from? But that's exactly my point.

For one of the highest posters in the game, he sure says a whole lot of nothing. In effect, the WIFOM onslaught which he cleverly has refused to let go has masked his lack of contribution. So what do we have in terms of quotes? As a result, despite 4 pages of posts, not much....

View PostKessobahn, on 09 January 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

View PostKorlat, on 09 January 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

It's not too late is it? If UB hasn't checked in yet isn't he still allowed to silence at any point in the day?

I believe JA said he'd ask UB for the silencing target prior to the game starting.

Near the beginning of the game he answers a question about UB. Sure, most of us knew the answer to this, but past experience tells me that scum like to talk about role mechanics, because usually they can be the most confident about what they're talking about, thus sounding helpful.

View PostKessobahn, on 10 January 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Fuck you Kessobahn, if you really think this is leading nowhere. It's clearly leading to mine or Okaros's lynch. ITS FUCKING DAY 1. A tad self righteous with your oh so great commitment to furthering the day 1 mafia game?

:p < MFW you say BB has nothing to lose being lynched day 1. The guy has 2 lives. He doesn't get to keep jumping forever. If I were BB, you could consider me mentally handicapped. As of your last post, I'll consider you as such for this game. To be put quietly to the side, where no one will listen to your shat.

So clearly BB has a lot to lose. He has potential extra days to lose, if he were to die day 1. That would be the best possible lynch for the game. UB has a lot to lose as well. He dpesn't respawn, and then there is no symp nor silence for the rest of the game.

So why the fuck would I be doing what I'm doing on day 1, if I were either of those roles? I brought up the case before anyone was accused of anything, so there is no possible symping I could be doing there. I see no possibility as to why you could think I'm scum for this. We've actually had debate on day 1.

And you call my logic flawed... damn.

the probhlem is, it's not leading to either lync the way it's sitting now.
you make an argument, based on Wifom. several people call you out on it.

your response? "well, if I was scum, i'd have to be a goddamn idiot to make this argument"--which is fine, it has more people nodding hteir heads, saying "yep, he's gotta be an idiot all right".

except..... guess what?

what you've done is just added EVEN MORE WIFOM.

so, to recap:

you want to use wifom to get a silenced player lynched.

you ALSO use wifom to avoid your own lynch.

you have done nothing but wifom the entire day. And yes, I will call you out on it every single time, because it's not helping town. iether you are scum, or if, you're town, you're not helping.

which makes you a good Day 1 lynch regardless.

This is pretty much the beginning of the WIFOM argument which we all know and hate so well. This goes on like this....and on...and on. Days later and he is still hounding Osseric. In one way, this is good, sticking to his belief, right? But he also might be accused of the same thing he himself levels at Osseric on day 1 - that he's consciously playing a certain way in order not to be perceived as scum. In this case, he is hounding one target mercilessly rather than being a bit wishy-washy and pointing fingers in several directions.

View PostKessobahn, on 11 January 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

I think I just burned myself out on the first day. -Again- Kill me. I am target. I am healer, you should kill me.

now, really....

This quote isn't really evidence, but just imagine this being said with a little scummy smirk - easy isn't it? "Why should I kill you Osseric, my little plaything?"

View PostKessobahn, on 12 January 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

i'll need to re-read atrahal. I can see where people are coming from in that he's been as non-commiting as can be during day 1, which was.... rather charged, by our standards.
fortunately, I've got an hour and a half till next class, so I can do that.

Apologies for not posting much yesterday, Wednesday when i'm scheduled to work are my bitch days (i'm out for 11+ hours of school/work), and Iwhne I came home, I just collapsed.

as for OE..... I don't really see scum. misguided townie? mebbe. not hearing scum from what i've read.

Now when it comes to anyone but Osseric, Kessobahn is non-commital to a fault. In this case, concerning Atrahal. Here the tide has begun to turn towards an Atrahal lynch, but Kesso evinces a slight unease about it - not enough to actually protest against it though. The little sidenote defense of Olar Ethil might also be significant as pointing to a scum partner.

View PostKessobahn, on 12 January 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

View PostOlar Ethil, on 12 January 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

I remember the weird comment "Atrahal is scum" made by someone on day one. that was weird. it had no context either. hard to interpret.

i hate lynching the silenced player because without real back and forth it's mostly just us holding our dicks and arguing about where to point them.

i think the mistakes made so far about revealing, counter revealing, uncontrollable drunken antics (oh, wait...) have impaired town's ability to lynch scum this game.

that was Tiam. right b4 we lynched her
i'm back, biatcheees. and I don't intend to leave the house till tomorrow, cuz it's bloody freezing outside.

Atrahal really hasn't made much noise with gettiong us to lynch anyone other than him.

although if he comes back inno, i'ma take a long, hard look at those saying that "after such a loud day 1, it makes sense for scu to silence scum day 2".

And finally there's this post, already painting targets before the CF result on Atrahal. Not that anyone had really put forward this theory anyway (I said it ironically after Kesso's post). And Kesso is also yet to come back to us with this 'long hard look'. Instead, he resumed throwing darts at Osseric. Seriously, the Osseric stuff happens almost every post - it's like Cato at the Roman Senate finishing every speech with, "and furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed." Replace Carthage with Osseric and there you have Kessobahn in a nutshell, because there isn't a whole lot else. But with that one thing, he's managed to fly under the radar entirely.

Vote Kessobahn

#940 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Town needs to discuss what's going on.

I agree with you. We are all suspicious of each other (rightly so) yet each day there seems to be only one viable lynch target. Yes other people get votes but nothing that seems convincing. I feel like we're being played by good manipulative scum.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

44 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users