• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO clan?

#161 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

That could work for me. I'll probably play quite a bit in the next couple days. Whats the cost to start up?

#162 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

5000 credits. So 1250 each.

EDIT: Regarding the guild name, I'd always intended on starting the Crimson Guard (probably without the 'the'). If anyone wants a different and/or better name, do speak up.

This post has been edited by Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast: 01 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#163 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

Crimson Guard sounds fine. There is also a Star Wars Crimson guard though isn't there? Some kind of unit connected to Empire?

#164 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

There is a Crimson something, but I don't think it's a Crimson Guard.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#165 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Nice I like the name. And I've got, as the kids say (or don't), 'phat stax' which may or may not mean 'enough money'.

#166 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Just about to log on... in a que for the server :D

#167 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'll be around on wednesday onwards most probably, I have to get a new PSU and/or RAM chips in my machine as it keeps turning itself off, not due to hear (way within normal parameters) but probably voltage somewhere.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#168 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

You might be thinking about these guys. The Emperor's Royal Guard (one member is the protagonist in the Crimson Empire comics).
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#169 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostGothos, on 01 January 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

I'll be around on wednesday onwards most probably, I have to get a new PSU and/or RAM chips in my machine as it keeps turning itself off, not due to hear (way within normal parameters) but probably voltage somewhere.

Yeah, my laptop (4 years old admittedly) has started doing that recently. Just switches off then usually restarts automatically with the 'start windows normally' in the DOS prompt. I thought it was heat at first, but it would do it straight after it had been in sleep mode too, so I thought it was the hard disk. Whatever it is I'm glad I'm getting a new desktop PC soon, but I'd like to fix the laptop because it's been a damn good machine and they're handy when you need to go somewhere.

As soon as I get the PC set up it's SWTOR download ahoy! :D
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#170 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Well, if me, rhulad, apt and trull's son are good for about 6pm GMT, tomorrow (Monday 2nd (which is today now, actually)) then that's all we need. I don't seen any problem with all of us, at the moment, having officer capabilities of the highest order (which can always be refined in the future), so the rest of you can be invited as and when you log in.

#171 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

That time works for me. I'm playing an agent named Possum at the moment.

#172 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

I am having a couple friends over today so I wont be able to help with the guild registration. Not unless we do it around 22.00 GMT+1. Tomorrow?

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 02 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

#173 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

That could work. I eat quite late on a Tuesday but I'm sure I'll be available at some point tomorrow evening.

#174 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Does everyone have to sign at the same time? I have go back to work tomorrow so the earliest that I can get on is around 18:00 GMT - 7

#175 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

We need to be in a group, yes. We'll do it as soon as there's enough of us on at the same time—I don't think there's any rush.

#176 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

welp

Posted Image

Posted Image
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#177 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

What the fuck?
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#178 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

That's...strange. I'm tempted to see if I can get myself banned by doing the most trivial of things.

#179 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Reddit is already going apeshit over these stories about arbitrary bans.

The thing is these stories are either bullshit or there is more to it than we know.

The one about getting banned for swearing is obviously bullshit. Everyone is swearing constantly. The filter catches it. The eyes of the fragile American youth is safe. Am I supposed to take "random forum users" word for it? How about I guess that he was actually whispering people he doesn't know and calling them a c**t face because they rolled "need" on that uber cloth pistol that he so desperately needed.

As for the guy getting banned from being on Ilium. I haven't reached that level yet, but I saw a discussion on it on Reddit. They were guessing that he was most likely using some exploit to get access to chests he shouldn't be able to. The ban is most likely for breaking and exploiting game mechanics ( a common infraction that hurts the servers economy) not for being somewhere he is not supposed to be.

Also these are 2 cases out of millions of users. Cry me a river.

What I am more annoyed about hearing is that people are getting banned, from a game they pay a monthly fee to play, and this locks them out of their account management. Meaning they can't cancel their accounts via the game, the EA customer service wont help and they are forced to contact their own bank to stop the payments on the game. That is scamming people.

EDIT: A note from Bioware:

http://www.swtor.com...ad.php?t=120099

Recent actions against some customer accounts

Our Terms of Service team recently took action against some accounts playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, and we wanted to give you some insight into what happened and why.

First, action was taken against a number of accounts for what's commonly known as 'gold farming' - or in our case, credit farming. These accounts were found to be exploiting the game in a variety of ways to maximize their credits in order to sell them to other players. Our Terms of Service team took action against these accounts and removed them permanently from the game.

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

None of these accounts were banned for their actions and no accounts have been banned for travelling to Ilum while still relatively low level. By comparison, the number of accounts that were warned or temporarily suspended was considerably lower than the number of accounts banned for 'credit farming'.

It's important to remember that our Terms of Service team is extremely careful and thorough in their investigation of any potential exploit or unusual activity in-game. Working closely with the development team and using extensive metrics based on player activity, they are able to determine what is normal player activity, what is unusual and what is exploiting. Our goal is always to ensure a fair game experience for all players while also protecting the rights of individuals, and if people are disrupting the play experience for others action will be taken.

While we will not discuss the details of any individual action, whenever we take action against an account we believe they have clearly broken our Terms of Service. Any action taken against an account can be appealed and in some cases actions have been rescinded.

While we understand people's concern about actions taken against accounts, please remember the Terms of Service team exists to help ensure a balanced and fair game experience for all. When you see reports of actions taken against someone's account, remember they are choosing to tell their version of the story - and there are two sides to every story.

In summary, our Terms of Service team took action against a number of accounts that were 'credit farming' to remove them permanently from the game. They also warned and temporarily suspended - but did not ban - a smaller number of accounts for activities on Ilum that were decided to be game exploits.

Some adjustments will be made to Ilum in the near future to discourage future exploits. However, the planet is still open to anyone who wishes to travel there.

The goal of the Star Wars: The Old Republic team is to maintain a service for our customers that is fun to play and equitable for everyone. Critical to this goal is making sure that gameplay is fair and reasonable and we are constantly on the lookout for anything that would prove to be a detriment to your gameplay experiences.

Thanks for reading, and we hope this gave you some insights.
Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 02 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

#180 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

Hey Apt, remember how in the Mass Effect thread you condemned my choice to bone Ashley because she's a racist?

Are the Empire not institutionally racist wankers who pretty much have the superiority of certain races indoctrinated?

I mean, I guess Ashley, who was angered at Shephard working with Cerberus because they were too racist, might be somehow worse than a government who at the time of writing, when my character is level 29, has attempted genocide against at least one species in the course of the storyline. I just don't see how.

With my nose held snottily in the air I do declare that you, Sir, are a hypocrite in the area of Bioware character ethics!
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

39 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users