• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#721 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:11 PM

The time jump is probably a good thing for the show.

As far as the switcheroo:
Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#722 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

On the Talking Dead after show, it was revealed the time jump is 6 years and that Andrew Lincoln will be in TWD movies to air exclusively on AMC. So I guess we might see what is up with the helicopter people, Anne/Jadis, and her bagging a 'B' (Rick Grimes) for them.

According to the sexy, awesome, brilliant, and beautiful soul of a man - Scott Gimple - there could be a number of TWD movies that delve into the wider (ever expanding) walking dead universe. They really seem to be going all in the with The Waking Dead. The show has already dropped a lot in viewership (hasn't it?). To announce all of these new projects in the pipeline seems risky to me (and expensive).

Also, did anyone notice the actor who plays Eddie Redmyane's character's side kick in those Harry Potter Fantastic Beast's movies? Oh and guys, about the first Fantastic Beasts movie, it really wasn't all that great, so quit fan boying over it, ok? Just because it's Harry Potter shit doesn't mean it's good.

#723 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:16 AM

huh, well smack my ass and call me Sally. Been reading the episode was also Maggie's last one too. Did not know that or know if it is in fact true. What have you shambling flesh rotters of putrescence been hearing from your sources?

#724 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

I can't imagine Maggie's time on the show would end at the time as Rick's; they would have to separate those 2 departures, I would think. Talking Dead had a lengthy interview with Andrew Lincoln and he said he considered leaving the season before but wanted separation between Carl's departure and Rick's.

The time jumps are fine, I guess. It allows some minutia to be glossed over so bigger events can be gotten to. The year and a half between this season and last is one thing. But to jump 6 years now? Not so sure about that one. That's a lot of time to gloss over in this world. No other majors end up dead? No other threats appear to this civilization they're trying to create?

As to the future
Spoiler

#725 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:42 AM

[quote name='paran falcon' timestamp='1541517134' post='1353424']

Forum did weird stuff on my phone*

Well looks like she’s back then. I like this change, should renew the show and give it a good 3 season arc and let it finally die.

3 movies 3 seasons

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 07 November 2018 - 12:44 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#726 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

I'm caught up. I enjoyed the last 2 episodes post-Rick. Rick's exit was very meh, not what was billed and typically open ended and well, shit basically. We debated quitting after that and I think we're only still watching due to lack of energy to make a decision to stop.

Michonne is my favourite character by a long shot lately and it's obvious to me that
Spoiler
. The dangling carrot waiting for the reveal of what happened to cause those scars on her and Darryl is interesting but I just know the reveal will be rubbish.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#727 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

To add to the spoiler.
Spoiler

#728 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:23 AM

And so ends the heroic ballad of Jesus. Alas, his purple belt training from the Jeet Kun Do class taught by the former Vietnam vet at the local strip mall couldn't best that zombie's brown belt training from the amateur MMA fighter who owns a studio across the street in what was formally a Subway Sub shop.

Maybe next time the group should hire some zombie whisperers <<<<< see what I did there? Posted ImagePosted Image

#729 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

So, I've kinda have put this show in the retirement bin of my television viewing schedule. In fact, I was unaware that the current season starts up again this Sunday. Until I saw the news that the character of Michonne will be only in a handful of shows next season (season 10?) and that will be it for actress Danai Gurira on TWD. Although they did allude that Michonne may show up on the stand alone Rick Grimes movies that AMC has planned. Which I would like to see how they sculpt that story line that brings her back to Rick. Also, would we get an answer for the 'X' shaped scar on her back? About that, I was initially thinking that she had to have a kidney removed, but I believe Daryl has a similar scar?

Anyway, you guys have anything to add? Don't feel obligated, I know I'm probably the last hold out on this show and like I said it's in my retirement bin and I really don''t anticipate I'll pick up the rest of the season. The Whispers group seems almost as annoying as the dumpster diving Garbage Pail Kids so I don't anticipate that will pull me back in.

#730 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

I've stopped watching. I did hear that Danai Gurira was leaving early next season. I hope this is still fall out from writing Chandler Riggs off the show. The old, let them pay you while you job hunt, kinda thing.

I was tempted to watch when the Whisperers showed up, but I have enough other things to keep me occupied. Hell, I just got caught up on the Magicians last night. Lets not even talk about my Netflix queue...
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#731 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

I guess they will have to figure out what Michonne's departure means for Judith, as it seemed that Judith had a significant part, not only in overall leadership at Alexandria, but also they seemed to be using her's and Negan's relationship as some sort of catalyst for Negan to be redeemed. So I wonder when Michonne leaves if Judith goes with her? I'm guessing the little boy Michonne had with Rick would depart with her (or maybe not?)

#732 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

Kids get eaten. Daryl gets dirty. Lots of navel gazing. No one tells Eugene to shut the F up.

I don't start watching again until the hire Mr.T and he starts kit-bashing together zombie destroying devices during a montage with the A-Team theme music playing.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#733 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Didn't watch last night's episode, but read some episode breakdowns. It seems as if Rosita is preggers with the doctor's (is it Sidiq?) baby. Wait, wasn't she and the priest together? Also, doesn't Eugene still think he has a chance with Rosita.

Posted Image Oh my, I know the show has always been criticized as being more or less a soap opera, but now they aren't even trying to be anything other then.

#734 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:44 AM

Have dumped the show but watched tonight's episode because I read hype that the episode was the 'Red Wedding' moment for TWD. Meh, was my reaction, but a couple of long time actors on the show bit the dust. Hint - JSS no more.

Also, preview for next episode is a first - snow. And yes, zombies crawl out from under snow to attack. Posted ImagePosted Image

#735 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:09 AM

Watched Season 1 when it first came out and lost interest. Needed a new show on the treadmill so started season 2. Got hooked. I've now just started season 5. I think season 4 was my favorite so far.

I havent heard great things about the newest so we'll see.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#736 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

We just watched the season finale and cancelled the series link at the end of it. That was soooooo lame.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#737 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:34 PM

So, it's leaked that the next episode of The Walking Dead comic will bring the comic series to an end. I stopped watching TWD (along with FtWD) and am not sure where either sits as it relates to the comic. But I wonder what this will mean for the show? I don't read (and have never read) the comic, but I don't think the show has been following along with the comic that much closely and deviated some time ago? So I'm guessing the show will continue in perpetuity - w/ new Rick Grimes movies etc. - until such time there are no longer enough viewers to justify keeping it in production and it gets cancelled?

#738 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 July 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

So, it's leaked that the next episode of The Walking Dead comic will bring the comic series to an end. I stopped watching TWD (along with FtWD) and am not sure where either sits as it relates to the comic. But I wonder what this will mean for the show? I don't read (and have never read) the comic, but I don't think the show has been following along with the comic that much closely and deviated some time ago? So I'm guessing the show will continue in perpetuity - w/ new Rick Grimes movies etc. - until such time there are no longer enough viewers to justify keeping it in production and it gets cancelled?

Different income stream, and the two have deviated massively.

I am surprised, thought Kirkman and co would keep that going as long as they could, but the recent development of

MAJOR SPOILER
SPOILER
MAJOR WALKING DEAD
COMIC
SPOILER

Spoiler

I WARNED YOU
I FUCKING
DID
NOW YOU HAVE ONLY
YOURSELF
TO BLAME
SPOILER

suggested some big changes were in the works.
I would not be shocked if after a few months break a new Walking Dead comic emerges.... different leads, different time period, same team or similar.

Then again, i'm still expecting Kirkman to revisit INVINCIBLE.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users