• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#521 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:43 AM

We should do a pool on what phrases Negin is gonna say before the end of the season. My pick is "Heeeeeere's Johnny!"
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#522 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

I like the ideas of Daryl using Morse code, the large Morse Code poster in the one house makes sense.

I also like the idea of Gabriel burying something in the grave. Not sure what, if everything was inventoried.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#523 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 18 November 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

I like the ideas of Daryl using Morse code, the large Morse Code poster in the one house makes sense.

Agreed. From a filmmaker POV there is no other reason to have had it in the set decoration. Foreshadowing 101.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#524 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

View Postdeath rattle, on 18 November 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

We should do a pool on what phrases Negin is gonna say before the end of the season. My pick is "Heeeeeere's Johnny!"

* "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum".
* "Negan 3:16 says I just whipped your ass".
* "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining".
* "I'm Rick James bitch!"

#525 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:05 AM

I am loving this slow build up. Negan does need to die though, powerful villain. Rick is good at killing without guns
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#526 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:05 PM

Well, the best thing about that episode was Trevor from GTA V. Is anyone surprised that when the zombie apocalypse hit that Trevor would end up as one of the main muscle men for the Survivors?

#527 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:24 PM

The bad writing level on this ep was....extreme. I mean they've not exactly been paragons of good writing up till now...but some of this was SO bad that I imagine the writer was hit in the head with a shovel before writing it. Fucks sake.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#528 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

I forgot Jesus was a character over the summer, and now I'm mad all over again. Plus he does karate moves out of a Capcom arcade fighter from the mid-90s.

Carl destroying a car to take out one zombie, forcing them to walk the rest of the way to Hilltop: great thinking from one half of the best like-father-like-son pairing in TV history. The roller skate scene -- with better characters it could have been a nice Last of Us type moment -- but then we get Carl's speech about how he watched his friends die so he'll remember, and there will be no choice BUT to kill Negan -- he's now a weapon, built for vengeance, in the shape of a teenage boy with Charlie's Angels hair. That might have been ominous if last episode he hadn't had Negan himself in his sights, point blank range, and gave up the gun anyway.

I actually kinda liked the stuff up at Hilltop though, aside from Jesus. Cowardly Gregory, the graves, the Saviors, even the tractor (which imo was actual zombie b-movie goodness, at last). I'm not exactly sure what the huge struggle to stay is about. The doctor said Maggie should rest a few days, and they're treating it like he told her to stay in bed for a month or else.

Lastly, I just wanna ask, how did the Wolves even exist in territory controlled by the Saviors?

#529 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

I enjoyed the tractor too. The mushing of the zombies and the crushing of the Gremlin (car).

The enjoyability of this show is slowly devolving into just the special effects aspect (i.e zombies and how they meet their end), so it's nice when they get a little creative, instead of the boring, predictable, overused knife into a mushy skull.

#530 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:00 AM

Dumb is not knowing from which you speak. J/K Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#531 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:58 AM

Looks the same to me except the one in the clip has quad tires in the front, which wouldn't help a lot in crushing a car when you back into it. It probably does add to the traction that would be needed though.
Posted Image

#532 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

Roller skates in a zombie apocalypse? I really wanted them to get eaten there.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#533 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

#534 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:57 AM

I know that last episode wasn't anything to write home about story-wise, but it was good to have Tara back. Unless they un-ruin Carol any time soon, she's the most likeable person left on the show.

#535 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

One of the problems is the show is mired in introducing too many settlements/communities and so it just hasn't been able to build any momentum, or that where it eventually is going is moving so slow. I mean, I guess it's being setup up that all these places will eventually work together to try and take down Negan and the Saviors, right?

#536 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 November 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

One of the problems is the show is mired in introducing too many settlements/communities and so it just hasn't been able to build any momentum, or that where it eventually is going is moving so slow. I mean, I guess it's being setup up that all these places will eventually work together to try and take down Negan and the Saviors, right?

I'm guessing that is what the writers are trying to do. The Saviors are large enough to have a whole outpost wiped out and still go on to dominate Hilltop, the Kingdom, and Alexandria. In addition, they forced the fishing community into hiding; so, that's 4 communities they've been able to deal with. It paints a pretty grim picture.

So, the etching in Tara's gun, what was it? I feel like I'm missing something.

#537 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

Didn't Carl find a gun with the etching of a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it? I don't remember what was on Tara's gun, but I'm guessing it's the same.

It's probably a trick by the show's writers to get TWD fans talking. Probably to get them to theorize that whoever holds a gun with that etching is going to die by the hands of the Saviors. In other words, Carl and Tara are history. Posted Image

#538 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

Ahh, it's Lucille? I wonder if the Saviors mark all their guns with that symbol. Could make for some interesting encounters. Where did you get this gun? This is one of ours....

#539 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:36 PM

Another lame device the show seems to go to too often is the "a walker that looks like one of our friends from the back and oh wait, just another random walker, walker".

You gotta be shittin me, you mean to tell me a bridge that was occupied solely by sand walkers all of a sudden has a walker that looks like Heath from the back only to reveal that it is some random black woman walker, give me a break. The show seems to go to this "shock technique" too often.

I wonder what happened to Heath anyway. I guess we'll get another hour long episode that reveals another settlement to find out. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 29 November 2016 - 11:36 PM

#540 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:39 PM

Wild guess: Heath is captured by the Saviors and Daryl is gonna have to kill him or something to prove his loyalty.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users