• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

View PostKorlat, on 09 September 2011 - 09:20 AM, said:

View PostShadow, on 09 September 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:28 AM, said:

View PostShadow, on 09 September 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

huh, a lot of random votes already. I'm curious to see how this will develop.

A lot of people seem not to worry about who they hit I guess. The RI faction struggles at this point as it's sort of hard to decide which faction to hunt for before one can be certain there's no chance of ending up on that team.

Your sentence structure seems to indicate you're not a part of what you call the 'RI Faction'. That makes you a good voting target.

Vote Sorrit.

My sentence structure indicates that I prefer not to reveal which of the three factions I'm in.

Your sentence structure indicates you are not town, which is the chosen shield everyone hides behind in a game like this, unless they slip up. If you were town, there would be no reason to disguise that, anyway: it would make lynching you a complete and utter non-priority. I think I struck a non-RI faction and I don't give a shit which one you are, since it does not matter which one you are, anyway.

i agree here.
No need to be cryptic.

although....there are a few people here that are claiming to be town that are laying it on a bit thick aswell....maybe a bit too thick.if you catch my drift.

edit - messed up sentence structure

This will prove an interesting situation, considering that there is actually debate over whether or not to lynch Sorrit, how fast everyone jumped on him, and some of the odd comments from those on or not on the quickly growing lynch train. First of all, calling the townies "the RI faction" is very ambiguous. He could be a townie who is taking a more bird's eye, detached view of the game, not demonstrating a side by remaining neutral in describing the townies. This attempted neutrality might have been wise, considering Tennes' observation about "piling on" Sorrit despite three votes already settled on Anomandaris; however the wording apparently wasn't neutral enough for some people.

On the other hand, Shadow does have a point that it is odd to distance oneself from the townies on day one when the townies are still neutral. Moreover, as long as they are on the lynch trains, townies will always be a safe bet for strength in numbers (townies outnumber the Family and FBI currently, and when joining with one of these two groups, the townies will still be on the side with dominant numbers).

At this point, I think it behooves us to lynch Sorrit, if not for the sake of probing his odd wording, but more for probing the people who jumped on (and in one case back off again) his train. It is unlikely that the 2 people who know 5 other players' identities in this game (the Don and Head Prosecutor) spoke up in this exchange, however that doesn't mean it isn't possible. It is already a crucial point in the game, with the loyalty of almost half the players at stake, so stepping out and directing/assisting a lynch may be favorable. Thus, I think that anyone sticking their necks out for or against Sorrit require further investigation.

View PostTennes, on 09 September 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

remove vote

"He said town instead of us" reasoning has always been weak. Didn't really bother me much because I already thought day one would be pretty arbitrary and I figured it was people using whatever justification to join a train so they got to be on it and so it wasn't them lynched.

Looking at the votes it looks a bit more like a de-rail. If the reasoning behind the votes was what I had thought it was, it seems odd for a pile-up on sorrit when there are already 3 votes on someone else.

The two most suspicious people in my mind currently are Shadow and Tennes. Shadow goes the extra mile in building a case against Sorrit, which does two things for us: it gives us a lot of text to sift through and gives us a claimed orientation, namely town since he says he doesn't care who he lynches, FBI or Family. Tennes, quoted immediately above, votes for Sorrit and then withdraws his vote without placing another vote even though he thinks it odd that the Anomadaris train hasn't grown (especially when he speculates that the sorrit votes may have been a derailment). He does have a good point that the sudden train on Sorrit is odd, and that those who jumped on the train are also suspicious (namely Shadow, Korlat, Tulas Shorn, Telas, Tennes), but on the other hand, along his line of reasoning, the derailment would either be by the hand of the Don or Head Prosector (the only two who would know enough people to try rescuing one of their own) or as I mentioned as a possibility earlier, the Don or Head Prosecutor redirecting to a more viable target. Again, either scenario would be exceptionally risky and must be balanced against the desire to keep low and out of the way (a natural leader tendency).

So, we have a good little clump of suspects now. If Sorrit is Family or FBI, we have more people to examine. If Sorrit is townie, we may wish to consider the derailment idea, which adds Anomadaris to the list of suspicious players.

Let's get this lynch finished to see if Sorrit was Family, FBI, or Town, and then let the speculation begin in earnest.

Remove Vote

Vote Sorrit

#102 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

It is Day 1. 5 hours and 17 minutes remaining
21 Players still alive: Alkend, Ampelas, Anomandaris, Anthras, Atrahal, Kalse, Karosis, Kessobahn, Korabas, Korbas, Korlat, Serc, Shadow, Silanah, Sorrit, Telas, Tellan, Tennes, Thyrllan, Tiamatha, Tulas Shorn

11 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Atrahal ( Tiamatha )
1 Vote for Kessobahn ( Ampelas )
1 Vote for Silanah ( Alkend )
5 Votes for Sorrit ( Shadow, Korlat, Tulas Shorn, Telas, Tellan )
1 Vote for Tennes ( Kalse )
2 Votes for Korbas ( Karosis, Anomandaris )
2 Votes for Anomandaris ( Korbas, Anthras )
1 Vote for Shadow ( Serc )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Kessobahn, Korabas, Silanah, Sorrit, Tennes, Thyrllan

-------------

I'm going to have to get back to work now. If Obdi or Venge turns up, you might get more vote counts, but otherwise you're on your own until the end of the day (I should be around near the end).

ST
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#103 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

Good post above.

While I have no reason to particularly vote Sorritt, I have no reason to avoid it, so I will change my vote.

Remove Vote

Vote Sorritt

#104 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

again looking through the thread i find it easier to lay a vote on sorrit than i do for ano, due to the fact that ano's vote did not deem to be too serious. with sorrit's train building and time running out i think i'll vote along, i think tellan raises some good points as well as to Watch out for.

edit, didn't vote so --->

This post has been edited by Silanah: 09 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

#105 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

Vote Sorrit

#106 User is offline   Anthras 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

Not sure how much I'll be around in the next 5 hours or so, so in case:

remove vote

vote Sorrit

I love how Ampelas votes Kessobahn for not wanting to lynch and piles on a 0-vote lynch train with 5 hours left in the day :)

#107 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:30 PM

Remove Vote

Vote Sorrit

Let's see where this takes us.

#108 User is offline   Korabas 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

Seems the best (only) case so far, although I quite like that "quoting from PS" case on Anomandaris, but it seems the decision has been made for today.

Vote Sorrit

#109 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

View PostTellan, on 09 September 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

View PostKorlat, on 09 September 2011 - 09:20 AM, said:

View PostShadow, on 09 September 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:28 AM, said:

View PostShadow, on 09 September 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

huh, a lot of random votes already. I'm curious to see how this will develop.

A lot of people seem not to worry about who they hit I guess. The RI faction struggles at this point as it's sort of hard to decide which faction to hunt for before one can be certain there's no chance of ending up on that team.

Your sentence structure seems to indicate you're not a part of what you call the 'RI Faction'. That makes you a good voting target.

Vote Sorrit.

My sentence structure indicates that I prefer not to reveal which of the three factions I'm in.

Your sentence structure indicates you are not town, which is the chosen shield everyone hides behind in a game like this, unless they slip up. If you were town, there would be no reason to disguise that, anyway: it would make lynching you a complete and utter non-priority. I think I struck a non-RI faction and I don't give a shit which one you are, since it does not matter which one you are, anyway.

i agree here.
No need to be cryptic.

although....there are a few people here that are claiming to be town that are laying it on a bit thick aswell....maybe a bit too thick.if you catch my drift.

edit - messed up sentence structure

This will prove an interesting situation, considering that there is actually debate over whether or not to lynch Sorrit, how fast everyone jumped on him, and some of the odd comments from those on or not on the quickly growing lynch train. First of all, calling the townies "the RI faction" is very ambiguous. He could be a townie who is taking a more bird's eye, detached view of the game, not demonstrating a side by remaining neutral in describing the townies. This attempted neutrality might have been wise, considering Tennes' observation about "piling on" Sorrit despite three votes already settled on Anomandaris; however the wording apparently wasn't neutral enough for some people.

On the other hand, Shadow does have a point that it is odd to distance oneself from the townies on day one when the townies are still neutral. Moreover, as long as they are on the lynch trains, townies will always be a safe bet for strength in numbers (townies outnumber the Family and FBI currently, and when joining with one of these two groups, the townies will still be on the side with dominant numbers).

At this point, I think it behooves us to lynch Sorrit, if not for the sake of probing his odd wording, but more for probing the people who jumped on (and in one case back off again) his train. It is unlikely that the 2 people who know 5 other players' identities in this game (the Don and Head Prosecutor) spoke up in this exchange, however that doesn't mean it isn't possible. It is already a crucial point in the game, with the loyalty of almost half the players at stake, so stepping out and directing/assisting a lynch may be favorable. Thus, I think that anyone sticking their necks out for or against Sorrit require further investigation.

View PostTennes, on 09 September 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

remove vote

"He said town instead of us" reasoning has always been weak. Didn't really bother me much because I already thought day one would be pretty arbitrary and I figured it was people using whatever justification to join a train so they got to be on it and so it wasn't them lynched.

Looking at the votes it looks a bit more like a de-rail. If the reasoning behind the votes was what I had thought it was, it seems odd for a pile-up on sorrit when there are already 3 votes on someone else.

The two most suspicious people in my mind currently are Shadow and Tennes. Shadow goes the extra mile in building a case against Sorrit, which does two things for us: it gives us a lot of text to sift through and gives us a claimed orientation, namely town since he says he doesn't care who he lynches, FBI or Family. Tennes, quoted immediately above, votes for Sorrit and then withdraws his vote without placing another vote even though he thinks it odd that the Anomadaris train hasn't grown (especially when he speculates that the sorrit votes may have been a derailment). He does have a good point that the sudden train on Sorrit is odd, and that those who jumped on the train are also suspicious (namely Shadow, Korlat, Tulas Shorn, Telas, Tennes), but on the other hand, along his line of reasoning, the derailment would either be by the hand of the Don or Head Prosector (the only two who would know enough people to try rescuing one of their own) or as I mentioned as a possibility earlier, the Don or Head Prosecutor redirecting to a more viable target. Again, either scenario would be exceptionally risky and must be balanced against the desire to keep low and out of the way (a natural leader tendency).

So, we have a good little clump of suspects now. If Sorrit is Family or FBI, we have more people to examine. If Sorrit is townie, we may wish to consider the derailment idea, which adds Anomadaris to the list of suspicious players.

Let's get this lynch finished to see if Sorrit was Family, FBI, or Town, and then let the speculation begin in earnest.

Remove Vote

Vote Sorrit

You don't really explain why you're suspicious of me beyond that I've speculated about something (most haven't, true).

I never like things like this:

"I think that anyone sticking their necks out for or against Sorrit require further investigation."

Because it pre-emptively casts suspicion on anyone with an opinion.

Vote sorrit

Seems as good as anyone else. Arbitrary trains don't give much info, but the first lynch was always going to be arbitrary.

In faction games, everyone speaks/plays as town to start. In this particular game, this means being pretty happy to lynch anyone to start with. This means everyone will either be happy to lynch anyone, or pretend to be happy to lynch anyone, which in terms of how they vote, ought to mean the same thing.

We see this with sorrit. A couple of votes start up and it quickly snowballs. Because everyone is either happy to lynch anyone or is pretending to be so. Similarly, the vote justification is weak. It really could've been "I'd rather the lynch wasn't me", it doesn't really matter(ok, some justification looks better but with so little justification it's pretty obvious anyhow), because it is in whoever else is arounds interest to vote for the person who has just been voted because that builds up the train and makes it less likely to swing in their direction, giving us the snowball.

What is interesting is that this happens with sorrit, but not the trains beforehand.

#110 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

View PostAnthras, on 09 September 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

Not sure how much I'll be around in the next 5 hours or so, so in case:

remove vote

vote Sorrit

I love how Ampelas votes Kessobahn for not wanting to lynch and piles on a 0-vote lynch train with 5 hours left in the day :)

Hey now, it was 7 hours and there were only 4 votes on Sorrit at the time.

Remove Vote

#111 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

Cross post - that should be a lynch.

I thought about hammering, but there are 3 hours or so left so I thought there was time for some more talk. That's that then.

#112 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 09 September 2011 - 02:32 PM, said:

Cross post - that should be a lynch.

I thought about hammering, but there are 3 hours or so left so I thought there was time for some more talk. That's that then.

Everyone's laying low, not like it'd matter.

#113 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

A quick thread scan reveals that's a lynch, but unfortunately I don't have any time to do processing right now. Will have to wait and hope someone else pops by to do the deed. If not, I'll resolve in 2-3 hours when I get some time.

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#114 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

that's a lynch amp.

#115 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

View PostSilanah, on 09 September 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

that's a lynch amp.

that's what I said sil

@Tennes - Sorrit might have come back and said something interesting.

#116 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 09 September 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

that's a lynch amp.

that's what I said sil

He would have told us to burn in hell

#117 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 09 September 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

that's a lynch amp.

that's what I said sil

Like what? If he claimed a faction we'd have lynched him. If he claimed to be town we'd still have lynched him. The only information we could gain would be if he revealed he was a specific role, and I can't see why he would do that.

Edited to fix grammar.

This post has been edited by Tennes: 09 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

#118 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 09 September 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

View PostTelas, on 09 September 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

I feel like i've been hit on the head during the night. What to do with no one to gun for yet? I fear 'you are not it' is not a very sensible way of choosing a lynch target.

that would be an amusing way to make cases :)

how's this for making a weak ass case.

vote telas

for signaling that he is a killer with a gun reference.

#119 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 09 September 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

The person with the most posts who hasn't bothered to vote is Kessobahn, so I'll vote that way for now.

Vote Kessobahn

It was still early day 1 when I was posting. Not very many people had checked in so I didn't feel that I needed to lay a vote down. I came back on this morning to catch up and find that a lynch had already happened before I could get a vote in at all.

#120 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Well, that was fast.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic