• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 77 The Family versus the FBI

#761 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

View PostTapper, on 20 September 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 20 September 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 19 September 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

Wow, I'm not sure I would have believed that code :p

what do you think would have been a better way to do it? teach me the ways of coding!!

1. Keep your codes in one post.
2. make them easy and believable, so stick to a rythm (first letter of every third word, or last letter of each word before a period, or something), or use a code generator and use the encrypted code in the same way as above, but make sure deciphering is easy (letter's position in the alphabet + 5 = code letter).
3. alternatively, use an anagram or some other clever wordplay that is hard to explain as a spur of the moment thing.

so you'd think these where too spread out? i had to edit every post to make sure there where no capitals :S
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#762 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

View PostTattersail, on 20 September 2011 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 20 September 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 20 September 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 19 September 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

Wow, I'm not sure I would have believed that code :p

what do you think would have been a better way to do it? teach me the ways of coding!!

1. Keep your codes in one post.
2. make them easy and believable, so stick to a rythm (first letter of every third word, or last letter of each word before a period, or something), or use a code generator and use the encrypted code in the same way as above, but make sure deciphering is easy (letter's position in the alphabet + 5 = code letter).
3. alternatively, use an anagram or some other clever wordplay that is hard to explain as a spur of the moment thing.

so you'd think these where too spread out? i had to edit every post to make sure there where no capitals :S

I'd say a little too everywhere, yeah. As Tapper said, stick to a rhythm. Mind you, the only times I've tried to do codes is when I've been partnered with someone, so that I could prove I was with them.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#763 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for all the newfound rep everyone but frankly I've been playing like crap the last few games and don't feel like it was warranted.Great job recently Khell by the way. I have loved your performance the last few games. Especially your Thryllian performance.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#764 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 20 September 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Mind you, the only times I've tried to do codes is when I've been partnered with someone, so that I could prove I was with them.

This ;)
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#765 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

I agree with these guys - coding really isn't worth the effort most of the time. After all, there's nothing to stop the killers from doing it too. It can be useful for pairing scenarios, but otherwise it's difficult to actually gain anything out of it. If someone proudly displays some code they've come up with, my fist instinct is to disbelieve that they actually have the role they've coded.

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#766 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

View PostTattersail, on 19 September 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostSilanah, on 09 September 2011 - 07:55 AM, said:

i'm around. when people do not know their other members iT may be wise for the killers not to kill in case they hit their own team, maybe reducing the number of players through lynches would be the best bet at the start. 24 hour days is uncool man, there is a period of the day I cannot get on.

PS - is there going to be a weekend freeze?

View PostSilanah, on 09 September 2011 - 08:26 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

huh, a lot of random votes already. I'm curious to see how this will develop.

A lot of people seem not to worry about who they hit I guess. The RI faction struggles at this point as it's sort of hard to decide which faction to hunt for before one can be certain there's no chance of ending up on that team.

what wait. ri's have it easiest because they are not on a team yet. the people on a team have it the hardest as they would not want to hit their Own team mates. if ri's lynch someone and then someone in that team again then they're on the winning side at that point. if they hit one of each then they are not at a disadvantage. so what you say doesn't make sense.

edit. changed "they" to ri's

View PostSilanah, on 09 September 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

again looking through the thread i find it easier to lay a vote on sorrit than i do for ano, due to the fact that ano's vote did not deem to be too serious. with sorrit's train building and time running out i think i'll vote along, i think tellan raises some good points as well as to Watch out for.

edit, didn't vote so --->

View PostSilanah, on 09 September 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

View PostKessobahn, on 09 September 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 09 September 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

View PostTelas, on 09 September 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

I feel like i've been hit on the head during the night. What to do with no one to gun for yet? I fear 'you are not it' is not a very sensible way of choosing a lynch target.

that would be an amusing way to make cases ;)

how's this for making a weak ass case.

vote telas

for signaling that he is a killer with a gun reference.

this.

i think a lot of people would try to signal and this was missed by a few people including me. Now we await night's resolution i guess and then discuss it more on day 2.

View PostSilanah, on 16 September 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

i still believe atrahal to be roled. this places karosis on the same team as him. iF not then shadow and korabas are linked. so it is up to tellan, korbas, serc and myself which team to decide we want to be on, or which one to side with.

View PostSilanah, on 16 September 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

By the way am I the only one around, or are people here to discuss?

My first code was just to say i'm town, then the second when i got converted to fbi.

You may want to change to the "Yellow" tiger.....

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users