• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 77 The Family versus the FBI

#81 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

huh, a lot of random votes already. I'm curious to see how this will develop.

A lot of people seem not to worry about who they hit I guess. The RI faction struggles at this point as it's sort of hard to decide which faction to hunt for before one can be certain there's no chance of ending up on that team.

what wait. ri's have it easiest because they are not on a team yet. the people on a team have it the hardest as they would not want to hit their Own team mates. if ri's lynch someone and then someone in that team again then they're on the winning side at that point. if they hit one of each then they are not at a disadvantage. so what you say doesn't make sense.

edit. changed "they" to ri's

This post has been edited by Silanah: 09 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

#82 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

View PostSilanah, on 09 September 2011 - 08:26 AM, said:

A lot of people seem not to worry about who they hit I guess. The RI faction struggles at this point as it's sort of hard to decide which faction to hunt for before one can be certain there's no chance of ending up on that team.

what wait. ri's have it easiest because they are not on a team yet. the people on a team have it the hardest as they would not want to hit their Own team mates. if they lynch someone and then someone in that team again then they're on the winning side at that point. if they hit one of each then they are not at a disadvantage. so what you say doesn't make sense.

Sure, if you don't take into account the extra mechanics for this game.

#83 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

View PostShadow, on 09 September 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

Your sentence structure seems to indicate you're not a part of what you call the 'RI Faction'. That makes you a good voting target.

Vote Sorrit.

My sentence structure indicates that I prefer not to reveal which of the three factions I'm in.

#84 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

are you going to ignore what shadow just said? the extra mechanics work for both sides and eventually town becomes one of those sides anyway so what are you suggesting?

#85 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

x post

#86 User is offline   Shadow 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:28 AM, said:

Your sentence structure seems to indicate you're not a part of what you call the 'RI Faction'. That makes you a good voting target.

Vote Sorrit.

My sentence structure indicates that I prefer not to reveal which of the three factions I'm in.

Your sentence structure indicates you are not town, which is the chosen shield everyone hides behind in a game like this, unless they slip up. If you were town, there would be no reason to disguise that, anyway: it would make lynching you a complete and utter non-priority. I think I struck a non-RI faction and I don't give a shit which one you are, since it does not matter which one you are, anyway.

#87 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

Vote Sorrit.

oh snap!

Vote Sorrit.

most likely is not town.

#88 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

bit of a bitch starting this thing on a friday :)

#89 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

View PostShadow, on 09 September 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:28 AM, said:

Vote Sorrit.

Your sentence structure indicates you are not town, which is the chosen shield everyone hides behind in a game like this, unless they slip up. If you were town, there would be no reason to disguise that, anyway: it would make lynching you a complete and utter non-priority. I think I struck a non-RI faction and I don't give a shit which one you are, since it does not matter which one you are, anyway.

i agree here.
No need to be cryptic.

although....there are a few people here that are claiming to be town that are laying it on a bit thick aswell....maybe a bit too thick.if you catch my drift.

edit - messed up sentence structure

This post has been edited by Korlat: 09 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

#90 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

View PostTelas, on 09 September 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

I feel like i've been hit on the head during the night. What to do with no one to gun for yet? I fear 'you are not it' is not a very sensible way of choosing a lynch target.

that would be an amusing way to make cases :)

#91 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

View PostSorrit, on 09 September 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

what wait. ri's have it easiest because they are not on a team yet. the people on a team have it the hardest as they would not want to hit their Own team mates. if they lynch someone and then someone in that team again then they're on the winning side at that point. if they hit one of each then they are not at a disadvantage. so what you say doesn't make sense.

Sure, if you don't take into account the extra mechanics for this game.

It seems to me the extra mechanics are what make being ri simple. First two days its really a no lose scenario.

vote sorrit

#92 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

I'll be away for the day, I'm not sure what is happening weekend break wise so I am going to vote now. Because they seem the likeliest to be something other than town.

Vote Sorrit

#93 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

Vote Sorrit

Seems like he's drawn the arbitrary day one train.

#94 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

It is Day 1. 7 hours and 35 minutes remaining

21 Players still alive: Alkend, Ampelas, Anomandaris, Anthras, Atrahal, Kalse, Karosis, Kessobahn, Korabas, Korbas, Korlat, Serc, Shadow, Silanah, Sorrit, Telas, Tellan, Tennes, Thyrllan, Tiamatha, Tulas Shorn

11 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Atrahal ( Tiamatha )
1 Vote for Silanah ( Alkend )
5 Votes for Sorrit ( Shadow, Korlat, Tulas Shorn, Telas, Tennes )
2 Votes for Korbas ( Karosis, Anomandaris )
3 Votes for Anomandaris ( Tellan, Korbas, Anthras )
1 Vote for Shadow ( Serc )
1 Vote for Tennes ( Kalse )

Players not voted: Ampelas, Atrahal, Kessobahn, Korabas, Silanah, Sorrit, Thyrllan

--------------------

ST here. For everyone's information, THERE WILL BE A WEEKEND FREEZE. As yet undefined start time (probably when I go to bed at ~2AM BST). I will end the freeze on Monday morning (probably about 11AM BST). If everyone who has night actions could submit them before the end of the weekend freeze that would be great. Then someone can resolve whenever all actions are in and we can have some nice CFs when we start playing again on Monday.

ST

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 09 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#95 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

remove vote

"He said town instead of us" reasoning has always been weak. Didn't really bother me much because I already thought day one would be pretty arbitrary and I figured it was people using whatever justification to join a train so they got to be on it and so it wasn't them lynched.

Looking at the votes it looks a bit more like a de-rail. If the reasoning behind the votes was what I had thought it was, it seems odd for a pile-up on sorrit when there are already 3 votes on someone else.

#96 User is offline   Anthras 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

Not sure if enough of the factions know of each other enough to have a de-railing happening. Who's the most known? The Consigliore/Special agent? And even then, only by 2 people if I understand correctly.

Now it's 4 for Sorrit, and I'm on a train with 3. So I'm happy here, but I would switch if needed

#97 User is offline   Anthras 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

P.S. I forgot to add that it is still possible for 2 people to push some momentum for a de-rail, hence me staying on Ano.

#98 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

View PostAtrahal, on 09 September 2011 - 03:10 AM, said:

That was at Tiamanthia or whatever? Were you even in the books?

Just the one time when I got freaky

#99 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

what wait. ri's have it easiest because they are not on a team yet. the people on a team have it the hardest as they would not want to hit their Own team mates. if ri's lynch someone and then someone in that team again then they're on the winning side at that point. if they hit one of each then they are not at a disadvantage. so what you say doesn't make sense.

edit. changed "they" to ri's

Hi folks, sorry to be late to the dragon orgy party.

A few comments - I agree with Sil here, and I would take it a step further and say that anyone who has been on a fair bit and has been reluctant to lay a vote may not be RI, because faction people have a greater fear of hitting their own.

Normally a fast pileup like the one on sorrit is a little suspicious, but with this many players in the game and being early yet it probably doesn't mean anything more than people jumping onto an easy vote.

#100 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

The person with the most posts who hasn't bothered to vote is Kessobahn, so I'll vote that way for now.

Vote Kessobahn

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users