Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Devaleth Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

Am I slow, or has this not been mentioned in the Stonewielder forums? I haven't seen it posted before. Devaleth, the Mare mage who accompanies Greymane's forces, was in Return of the Crimson Guard. She was one of the mages rescued from the Pit by Blues and Fingers along with Ho and co.

Khell likes it when minor characters from previous novels pop up in larger roles in succeeding ones :p
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#2 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Yes she is the one from the mines. This isnt mentioned by anyone because its like saying 'wasnt this Fiddler guy in GOTM? Hes on a boat headed to 7c but im sure I recognize the name?' :p

In all seriousness I did miss it the first time round because of there been such a gap between my ROTCG and SW reads.

#3 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

Arsewipe McBogroll the Third, on 16 August 2011 - 10:19 PM, said:

Yes she is the one from the mines. This isnt mentioned by anyone because its like saying 'wasnt this Fiddler guy in GOTM? Hes on a boat headed to 7c but im sure I recognize the name?' :p

In all seriousness I did miss it the first time round because of there been such a gap between my ROTCG and SW reads.

:p Ah, but it's not like that! When I read Stonewielder, her name tickled something in the back of my mind but I couldn't place it. And it's not the same as Fiddler because Fid mentions his experiences in previous books, whereas Devaleth didn't reveal anything about her sojourn in the Pit, so there! :p Plus, she was a very minor character in RotCG.

Honestly, I went through pretty much every thread looking to see if anyone had mentioned this and no one had, so I thought I would make sure. After all, this is where we discuss EVERYTHING about the Malazan books :p
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:38 AM

Well if you didn't catch Devaleth being the same, did you catch the Wickan witch who introduces Devaleth to Rillish as being the same as the one from the mines in RotCG as well?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is offline   Gatekeeper 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:44 AM

D'rek- as well as her being the same that SE quotes at the beginning of a chapter in BH iirc.
HAIL THE MARINES!

#6 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

D, on 19 August 2011 - 02:38 AM, said:

Well if you didn't catch Devaleth being the same, did you catch the Wickan witch who introduces Devaleth to Rillish as being the same as the one from the mines in RotCG as well?

Yes Su is described as being the oldest Wickan alive I think. Where did Ho go also.

Gatekeeper, on 19 August 2011 - 03:44 AM, said:

D'rek- as well as her being the same that SE quotes at the beginning of a chapter in BH iirc.

Good catch

#7 User is offline   Midnight 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

Haha I never caught that about Devaleth (although I caught Su). Im glad someone posted on it since I had always wondered where she came from :yes

I wondered about Ho too...and Bala, wasn't she on track to being the next Tayschrenn in RotCG?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users