Malazan Empire: Borderlands Series! - Malazan Empire

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borderlands Series! All of the gun looting goodness...

#381 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:10 AM

I have yet to find a rocket launcher that had any proper damage to it. Most mobs just shrug off a direct hit which seems Crazy.

#382 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostAptorian, on 17 September 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

I have yet to find a rocket launcher that had any proper damage to it. Most mobs just shrug off a direct hit which seems Crazy.

Agreed, I shot a Cyclone with my Big Boy Rocket and it did about half HP.

Shotguns feel a lot more satisfying. I like the variety with them as well - I have a Maliwan with two modes that can flush enemies out of cover.

I expect when we get Torgue rocket launchers we will have SOME F*CKING REALLY BIG EXPLOSIONS.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#383 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:31 PM

Is it just me or does it seem to be planet/zone related where and when new gun brands appear?

#384 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

I've just landed on Promethea and haven't been able to do much there, yet - life commitments and work and yeah, alas, doing a thing called being an adult. I probably should have scheduled a short vacation from work to play more, but whatcha gonna do? Am I right my productive, tax paying, living a healthy, balanced life forum members?. Hope to set aside some more play in the evening sometime Wednesday night or Thursday night, and then a big chunk on the weekend.

On Pandora, I've played with guns from the following manufacturers:

- Hyperion (love the shield)
- Maliwan (the one I was rocking could switch between corrosive and shock damage)
- Teidore (got one that did the standard - throw at enemy like a grenade when you reload)
- Vladof (was rocking the auto pistol with double barrel option and was melting but burned through ammo so fast)
- Jakobs (meh, not a huge fan of Jakobs, got a six shooter gifted to me)
- Children of the Vault (aka COV - meh, same as the bandit type in BL2, what I've played with, has been - meh)

I really want to rock with a Torgue. I want to see what they've done with that brand in BL3. Also, I guess you can 'tag' enemies with Dahl weapons. I haven't played with those yet.

#385 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:50 PM

Oh I'd say the COV guns have been my favorites. They're basically LMGs. Considering how much shield and health even basic baddies habe, a very large clip is perfect for me.

I've recently found a gatlin version with radiation damage that murders everything.

#386 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:32 PM

The cool thing with playing as FL4K is your pet will find weapons chests for you. I pulled up to a hilly, rocky area in The Droughts on Pandora with my vehicle. My pet digistructed on the rocks just above me and FL4K said something to the effect - 'good beast, I see you like treasure to'. So I jumped/mantled up and found the chest that I would otherwise not have found.

Also, the first time I saw my pet pick up a barrel (shock, corrosive, etc.) and throw it at a group of enemies I jumped out off my couch and yelled 'fuck yeah!' - - - I was not expecting the pet to do that. Posted Image

#387 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

He’ll yes, I’ve been rolling with Meat Thief. By the time you get him up to SMG/Rocket Launcher he’s a little badass.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#388 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:00 AM

Ran into my first major bug. Got to Eden-6 and i have no in game sound other than my weapon firing and my character grunting when i jump. It started when getting the mission and i can see someone on my echo but there was no sound.

I've tried quitting/restarting. Even did a couple side quests hoping it would fix but so far no good. Apparently i'm not the only one with the issue, and Eden-6 is the worst. I'm gonna go back and do some stuff i'd skipped on the first few areas. Might try and power through tomorrow.

Le sigh...

#389 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:22 PM

If there's one thing above all others that pisses me off about BL3 it's that there's no fucking vendor machines or quick travel points anywhere. What the hell am I supposed to do with all the guns and equipment that's dropping?

#390 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:43 AM

Spoiler

Thankfully it's Slab time, slabs. Cooking up pizzas was a fun mission, too.

#391 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:45 AM

Also a few bugbears about the game:

The lack of vendors is super noticeable. Quite why only having one at the end of a major map is the design choice they went for, I do not know.

On the subject of shit design choices, whoever made it so that you can take damage in FFYL mode can suck a chode. There have been several instances where I'm down. being picked up by our Moze, only for him to be blasted away, for me to then take some form of bullet to the face whilst I still have 70% or so FFYL bar, and then die from said shot.

Thankfully as a brawl siren I can sort of mitigate that but...

#392 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:25 PM

Parachutes are the diapers of the sky. They're for babies.

- Chadd (that's with a double D, for double danger)

#393 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:46 AM

So. Mayhem mode, level 1.

I am a Brawl Siren. I am tanky, I have 6k shield and almost as much health. And by fuck am I thankful for Guardian Angel because the amount of damage enemies do in Mayhem is dumb.

My Moze player is re-speccing and just getting rid of mech entirely because it's no longer useful in the slightest.

However we did have like six legendary drops yesterday.

#394 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

I'm the llama! and you're the mule! screw you mule!

#395 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:42 AM

The Bloody Harvest DLC (free) came out today. I have it installed but haven't played yet (won't be able to until the weekend). But I did land on the selection screen and see that it is Halloween themed. Let it idle there for a bit, and watch some cool stuff happen.Posted Image

#396 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:31 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 25 October 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

The Bloody Harvest DLC (free) came out today. I have it installed but haven't played yet (won't be able to until the weekend). But I did land on the selection screen and see that it is Halloween themed. Let it idle there for a bit, and watch some cool stuff happen.Posted Image

Playable TIna when

#397 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

Bloody Harvest. I'm having fun, but damn the drops are absurd, and not necessarily in a good way. There's a shit ton of stuff that is 'terror' anointed and it is becoming somewhat too much to deal with. I find myself not even giving epic (purple) drops a look if it has that ghostly sheen to the purple glow that indicates it's terror annointed. I guess once this event is finished, we are supposed to sell all of those items? Unless they plan on having the ghosts as part of the game permanently, which would be stupid. I'm curious to know how they thought this out.

#398 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:18 PM

I havent had time to play this in weeks and it upsets me!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#399 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

I've been playing Destiny and it's killed all interest in Borderlands.

#400 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:25 PM

Thank you! They reduced the terror anointed drops to be only from enemies who have ghosts. Damn, it was overwhelming when almost every drop from any enemy had that terror aspect. There's still enemies all over that have ghosts though. I wish they would isolate that somehow. I know to get access to the Heck Hole portal you have to give Maurice enough "hecktoplasm", but I just wish they created another Halloween themed area for this purpose. Oh well, free DLC, so shouldn't complain too much. I guess the Bloody Harvest event goes into December. That seems like a long time for a Halloween event.

I guess the next thing to be introduced is the Maliwan Takedown. I hope it has a story and quests attached to it, but I think it might be another - battle through waves of enemies to reach the final objective.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users