Malazan Empire: Borderlands Series! - Malazan Empire

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borderlands Series! All of the gun looting goodness...

#341 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:43 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 July 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Latest Borderlands 3 trailer is fun. link> https://www.youtube....h?v=8nTW-BLx1H0

I recently played through the Commander Lilith & The Fight for Sanctuary DLC. If you guys have played through BL2 and TftBL then I highly recommend you play through it prior to Borderlands 3. It has significant connections to both of those and looks like it puts things in order for where things may jump off at the start of BL3. Also, it's quite an enjoyable expansion, I must say. I would rank it behind "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" and "Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage." And ahead of the other expansions (Pirate Booty and Big Game Hunt). The addition of the 'Effervescent' rarity items is a hoot (oh my, the suggestive language of the 'Hot Mama' sniper rifle has to be experienced Posted Image) https://borderlands....ki/Effervescent

I PUNCH IT
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#342 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

Eh, the DLC actually made me less excited to play BL3. I'm tired if Pandora

That trailer looks fun though.

#343 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:26 AM

View PostAptorian, on 17 July 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Eh, the DLC actually made me less excited to play BL3. I'm tired if Pandora

That trailer looks fun though.

Surely if you're tired of Pandora you're more excited for BL3 given that a large amount of the game is set on other planets?

#344 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:35 PM

If you played through the Commander Lilith DLC, it pretty much lays that out clearly - that Borderlands 3 will be expanded to other planets.

Play Commander Lilith. It should get you more excited for BL3.

[EDIT] Make sure you play through all the missions. Including the side missions that open up after you finish the story.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 18 July 2019 - 01:38 PM

#345 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 18 July 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

If you played through the Commander Lilith DLC, it pretty much lays that out clearly - that Borderlands 3 will be expanded to other planets.

[EDIT] Make sure you play through all the missions. Including the side missions that open up after you finish the story.

Have you managed to kill the big worm yet? I've only managed to get him down to about 2/3HP, then he heals again. I can't move fast enough to get to a position where I can hit his weak spot...
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#346 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostBlend, on 22 July 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 18 July 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Have you managed to kill the big worm yet? I've only managed to get him down to about 2/3HP, then he heals again. I can't move fast enough to get to a position where I can hit his weak spot...

No. I gave it a go but knew I had no chance doing it solo. It's one of those 'raid boss' end game challenges where you really need to be high enough level, attempt it in a team, and also have the optimal gear. Although from what quick searching I did on 'Haderax the Invincible', it seems its an easier fight than the raid boss from the BL2 vanilla campaign - 'Terramorphous The Invincible'.

I enjoyed how you stir Haderax awake
Spoiler

[EDIT] Supposedly there is a combination of the Effervescent gear that works great against Haderax and makes the fight possible solo.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 22 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

#347 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:39 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 July 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

No. I gave it a go but knew I had no chance doing it solo. It's one of those 'raid boss' end game challenges where you really need to be high enough level, attempt it in a team, and also have the optimal gear. Although from what quick searching I did on 'Haderax the Invincible', it seems its an easier fight than the raid boss from the BL2 vanilla campaign - 'Terramorphous The Invincible'.

Spoiler

[EDIT] Supposedly there is a combination of the Effervescent gear that works great against Haderax and makes the fight possible solo.

Ugh, I hate it when games force you to play with other people. I like to game alone, don't force me to be social with gamer nerds.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#348 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:08 PM

View PostBlend, on 22 July 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 July 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Spoiler

Ugh, I hate it when games force you to play with other people. I like to game alone, don't force me to be social with gamer nerds.

I don't really have a problem with it on the whole. I've been a social gamer from the jump. In fact, to play the Commander Lilith DLC, I had to get the Handsome Collection (for free) on PS4 and then I played all through the BL2 story and side missions to get to the level required to play Commander Lilith. In doing so, I opened my game for anyone to join. I leveled up so much faster because I was playing with others online. Of course there is the drawback of not getting the best loot that drops because some schmuck you're co-oping with grabs all the best stuff before anyone else. Supposedly BL3 is going to have an answer to that with what it is calling 'loot instancing'.

Only later did I find out I could have just jumped right into Commander Lilith DLC and it would level your character up to the appropriate level to play it (level 30? I think it is). So playing through BL2 again was unnecessary. Anyway, I had fun playing vanilla BL2 again through all the story and side missions. This time I played as Krieg. He has some of the funniest lines of any of the characters - "My pecks have pecks!", "I like my treasure like my baby steaks, rare!"and when looking over loot statistics in your menu: "Uh oh... Math... Hope we don't pop a blood vessel".

https://www.youtube....h?v=5wzDzF3VDS0

I would love a spin off game that examined and explored Krieg's back story and how he came to be who he is.

#349 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

Perhaps I can get an answer here since Google has failed me: is it possible to change back to regular difficulty in the Pre-Sequel? I ask because my first playthrough with Fragtrap was so successful I soloed the raid version of the final boss, but the enemies and particularly the first boss are reaming me on NG+ and I can't even use all these golden keys for better gear. No problem with BL2, back and forth whenever I want, but BL1.5? It's absolutely put me off playing the game again (that and every non-Claptrap class lacks ship cannons)
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#350 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:50 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 July 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

I don't really have a problem with it on the whole. I've been a social gamer from the jump. In fact, to play the Commander Lilith DLC, I had to get the Handsome Collection (for free) on PS4 and then I played all through the BL2 story and side missions to get to the level required to play Commander Lilith. In doing so, I opened my game for anyone to join. I leveled up so much faster because I was playing with others online. Of course there is the drawback of not getting the best loot that drops because some schmuck you're co-oping with grabs all the best stuff before anyone else. Supposedly BL3 is going to have an answer to that with what it is calling 'loot instancing'.

Only later did I find out I could have just jumped right into Commander Lilith DLC and it would level your character up to the appropriate level to play it (level 30? I think it is). So playing through BL2 again was unnecessary. Anyway, I had fun playing vanilla BL2 again through all the story and side missions. This time I played as Krieg. He has some of the funniest lines of any of the characters - "My pecks have pecks!", "I like my treasure like my baby steaks, rare!"and when looking over loot statistics in your menu: "Uh oh... Math... Hope we don't pop a blood vessel".

https://www.youtube....h?v=5wzDzF3VDS0

I would love a spin off game that examined and explored Krieg's back story and how he came to be who he is.

I definitely played through all of BL2 with an Axton as well - in fact, I've even done True Vault Hunter mode and am now well into Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, though my interest in the game has died off a bit. I have played through Commander Lillith 3 times now - once on Axton, once on a boosted Krieg with my buddy and once alone on a boosted Zero.

#351 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:51 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 22 July 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

Perhaps I can get an answer here since Google has failed me: is it possible to change back to regular difficulty in the Pre-Sequel? I ask because my first playthrough with Fragtrap was so successful I soloed the raid version of the final boss, but the enemies and particularly the first boss are reaming me on NG+ and I can't even use all these golden keys for better gear. No problem with BL2, back and forth whenever I want, but BL1.5? It's absolutely put me off playing the game again (that and every non-Claptrap class lacks ship cannons)

I honestly have no idea, I've barely touched Pre-Sequel since the Handsome Jack Collection was released for free on PSN. I mean, it MUST be possible, but I've never tried.

#352 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:06 PM

View PostBlend, on 22 July 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

View PostIlluyankas, on 22 July 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

I honestly have no idea, I've barely touched Pre-Sequel since the Handsome Jack Collection was released for free on PSN. I mean, it MUST be possible, but I've never tried.

From what I can find online all you have to do is do "Character Select", select your character, and you'll be given the choice of what difficulty to play, which is the same way its done on BL2.

#353 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:14 PM

I've definitely tried that before, but this time I did it with the keyboard and not the mouse and it worked! Glad to see the Dark Souls Boss Rule* is still in effect.

*if you complain about it online you'll do it the next time you try and feel like a doofus
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#354 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

Opens Twitter and sees #boycottborderlands3 is trending.

Panic ensues......

Realize its become some little youtuber is being a douche.

Blessed relief....
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#355 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:34 PM

It's going to do just fine. Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, which has been generating a lot of hype, has moved out their release because they know BL3 is going to own September.

Also, kill your twitter, facebook, instagram, <plug in bullshit social media shout chamber here>. It's a waste of time and fertile ground to perpetuate all manner of shit that doesn't matter. Ignore it and make society better.

#356 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

Posted Image

Amara the Siren

FL4K the Beastmaster

Mose the Gunner

Zane the Operative

#357 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:54 AM

Who cares about preparation? PUNCH STUFF. GRAB STUFF. SIREN GRAPPLEEEEEEEER

#358 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

Exactly one month vault hunters. Better start clearing space for all the new loot.

#359 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssss!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#360 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:44 PM

Well, it isn't like I haven't been trying to drive this point home with you vault hunters. Posted Image

Two 'Borderlands' Things You Need To Play Before 'Borderlands 3' Gets Here (Besides 1 And 2)

I think I might fire up a new play through of TftBL just to freshen my memory from that.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users