Malazan Empire: Borderlands Series! - Malazan Empire

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borderlands Series! All of the gun looting goodness...

#81 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

5 minutes.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#82 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Got woken up at 3 o'clock late in the night by some rowdy neighbours. Decided to play a couple of hours of Borderlands 2 before heading to work. Just got home from work, time for some more borderlands. Screw the social scene. This weekend is Borderlands weekend.

#83 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostAptorius, on 21 September 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Got woken up at 3 o'clock late in the night by some rowdy neighbours. Decided to play a couple of hours of Borderlands 2 before heading to work. Just got home from work, time for some more borderlands. Screw the social scene. This weekend is Borderlands weekend.

Word.

Friends- "Whats up this weekend SB?"

Me- "Playing Borderlands."

Friends- "Thats it?"

Me- "Yes"
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#84 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hehehe. It is addicting, but WHY OH WHY is the Siren so fire-orientated.... the one resistance I encounter up until now is damned... excuse me, darned... fire.

#85 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

So it seems like the coolest guns are the Elemental Tech/E-Tech guns. They're the bright purple/pink ones.

Seems they actually shoot the element they have instead of just bullets that have that element. Like i found a bandit AR (with a drum like a LMG, which is awesome) That shoots lightning bolts. And an SMG that shoots fireballs.

They are pretty badass.

And btw, i'll prob post my fav/best weapons i find on here if anyone else wants to also.

#86 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

I've only just gotten to the 4 chapter and the weapons have been pretty lousy. Mostly pistols and semi-automatic handguns. Finally got some proper assault riffles and shotguns around the time I killed Captain Flynt. It really is the guns that add the extra flavor to the game.

#87 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostAptorius, on 22 September 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

I've only just gotten to the 4 chapter and the weapons have been pretty lousy. Mostly pistols and semi-automatic handguns. Finally got some proper assault riffles and shotguns around the time I killed Captain Flynt. It really is the guns that add the extra flavor to the game.

They get better. More manufacturers thsn Vladoff and Jakobs get added to the mix, elemental effects come into their own and more diverse weapon types come into play. At lvl 13, I now have more guns than I can use (accurate fire pistol, heavy damage revolver, sniper rifle with fire, sniper rifle with electric, smg electric, pistol E-element, AR with explosives - that one rocks, only green weapon I sport at this point) and my only complaint at this point was the lack of SMGs, seeing how I play a Siren and in BL 1, that was 'their' weapon. I guess my opinion will change by the time I can reliable smear effects on groups instead of individuals.

#88 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

No lack of SMGs for me, tapper. I'm finding a ton, and using one as a main weapon. I'm also around level 13 since I haven't been able to play too much yet. Of course, playing the assassin, I would be finding more SMGs than sniper rifles. Oh well, that's the fun of random loot.

#89 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I didn't start finding quality loot, especially SMGs till around level 14. And btw, in case you hadn't found him yet, there's a guy in sanctuary that gives you a blue or purple weapon every time you return there. His names Michael. Got a purple fire SMG from him yesterday.

#90 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Just tried doing a bit of multiplayer. Did not like it at all. One of the guys was looting all the chests and ran forward and triggered, then skipped, a story cinematic. I think I am going to solo the game (unless I get stuck at some ridiculous boss or something) and then, if I feel like playing some other class, I'll do multiplayer then.

#91 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostAptorius, on 22 September 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Just tried doing a bit of multiplayer. Did not like it at all. One of the guys was looting all the chests and ran forward and triggered, then skipped, a story cinematic. I think I am going to solo the game (unless I get stuck at some ridiculous boss or something) and then, if I feel like playing some other class, I'll do multiplayer then.

I got online once.

After that i only play with friends or solo.

Its full of 12 year old douchebags.

#92 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 22 September 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

I didn't start finding quality loot, especially SMGs till around level 14. And btw, in case you hadn't found him yet, there's a guy in sanctuary that gives you a blue or purple weapon every time you return there. His names Michael. Got a purple fire SMG from him yesterday.

Where is this Michael fella? I ran around checking every corner, didn't come across anybody named Michael.

EDIT: Do you mean Marcus? The Gun Merchant?

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 22 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

#93 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostAptorius, on 22 September 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Holy shitballs. My condolences.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#94 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

I am sure that modern hell has a special place reserved for ninja looters.

#95 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Aptorius said:

1348338861[/url]' post='996399']

Slow Ben said:

1348323940[/url]' post='996350']

Where is this Michael fella? I ran around checking every corner, didn't come across anybody named Michael.

EDIT: Do you mean Marcus? The Gun Merchant?

No, it's Michael Mamaril. He's actually a tribute to a BL1 fan who died of cancer.
There's a bunch of different locations. He spawns in a different one every time. In scooters shop, next to the black market, 2 different spots in moxxi's, in Marcus', in Zeds, stairs above claptraps stash and next to the newsstand and in the alley between moxxi's and scooters. I think that's it.

#96 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

I didn't realize he spawned everywhere. I keep seeing him in Roland's command post at the bottom of the stairs, so you can add that to the list. Besides weapons, I also was given several shields, and even a class mod. Sweet!

#97 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

I just killed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Bandits. I love this game.

#98 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostAptorius, on 23 September 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

I just killed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Bandits. I love this game.

As your leaving that area, if you flick a bunch of switches successfully to get some lights all green you can fight Flinter.

My favorite so far was the 3 way "Truxican Standoff" in a graveyard over loot buried in a grave.

#99 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I just had a brief moment where the grim truth of the setting briefly shined through the wacky comedy of the game.

This game really is about broken people. While running around and killing Threshers, (I just fought and killed a 10 storey badass flaming elemental Thresher) I listened to two audio recordings in a row. One was the final recording from a mad man who befriended a threasher that ended up chewing his hands off. The last seconds of the recording was him telling "Henry" to stop and him screaming for his ma while it ate him. The second recording was from Doctor Tanis the crazy scientist from the first game. She described how the Soldier from the first game forced her to come live in Sanctuary. Only because of the traumatic events that broke her in the first game, her team was killed one by one until she was the only one left in a hostile wasteland, she is now deadly afraid of any form of social interaction, to the point that she ruptured a blood vessel in her nose from stress when he met a random stranger.

These are some sad stories from some very sad people.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 24 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

#100 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I have so far been skipping most of the optional quests on my first play through. Kind of regretting that now.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users