• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Breaking Bad series discussion, SPOILERS to latest ep

#61 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Yeah, I read about that. Very frustrating as I enjoy frequenting r/BreakingBad and other places on the internet to talk about the show with others. Now I'm going to have to try to avoid them for the next several months.

Although, I've read on a couple of sites that it was stolen all the way back in December; the guy just wasn't caught/arrested until now. This comforts me a bit, since if he was going to leak them you'd think he would have done it right away. Then again, you never know. I guess he was released on bail today and I wouldn't be surprised if he put it online to spite everyone.

EDIT: From LA Times: http://www.latimes.c...,0,420103.story

Xavier McAfee, 29, has been accused of unlawfully entering Cranston's Audi in New Mexico last December, allegedly lifting the script and other items from the car. He faces a burglary charge and was released on bail Monday, according to CNN.

However, Sony Pictures said that no script was stolen and the studio wasn't concerned about any leaked spoilers.

I really hope this is true.

This post has been edited by Defiance: 27 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#62 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

I pray to Heaven above.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#63 User is offline   Defiance 

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

Almost done re-watching the series.

Just finished watching the train heist episode. God that shit is just as intense the second time around. I was massaging the lady's back while we were watching it (it's her first time through), and I accidentally rubbed her skin raw because I was so caught up in what was going on.

Anyway, Breaking Bad definitely stands up to second views. I have a feeling I'm going to be re-watching this show once every year or two once it concludes.

My opinions on the characters really haven't changed much this time around with Skyler being somewhat of an exception. Walt is still fun as hell to watch but is such a terrible person (which makes it even more fun to watch, can't wait for the final eight). I'm really hoping that Jesse makes it out alive and can leave meth behind for good. It's pretty ironic that the idiot junky has turned into the show's moral compass. Walter Jr. aka Flynn, well, I'm still waiting for him to find about that his dad is a drug kingpin.

Skyler, however...she's still an idiot. Not because she's a "bitch wife" and all that other lame stuff people complain about, all-the-while acting like Walt is a saint...seriously I think the people who hate Skyler but hold Walt in such high regard must not have any kids of their own. She's an idiot for smoking cigarrettes while pregnant and her manner of handling Walt's lack of communication in the first few seasons is really childish (passive aggressive is stupid, always). She's an idiot for not cutting ties completely once she found out her husband was a drug dealer. Sure, she got lulled into it, believing/fooling herself that Walt's work was safe, but it's inexcusable considering her children.

However, when it comes to taking the kids away from Walt, I simply cannot understand why people call her a bitch. If anything she isn't being safe enough. As Mike said, Walt is a time bomb (tick-tick-tick).

It's going to be interesting to see if Walt's family - Holly and Junior, that is - makes it through this alive. I don't think Skyler dying before the end would be too surprising, but what if Walt's business actually gets his entire family, or even just one of his kids, killed? It would be one hell of a dark ending, but let's face it at this point Walt is irredeemable. We're just watching him circle the drain of hell at this point, all eagerly anticipating to see just far down he'll go.
~Steven Erikson

#64 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hopefully every single character on it dies.

#65 User is offline   Defiance 

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

I will (probably) cry if Jesse dies.
~Steven Erikson

#66 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yah me too. Nevertheless!

#67 User is offline   Defiance 

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

I've never seen The Sopranos. I want to, I hear a lot of people say it's one of the few shoes that is either as good as or almost as good as Breaking Bad (it's often mentioned alongside The Wire). The problem is I can't find the DVDs for cheap, and HBO still has yet to get their heads out of their asses and offer a subscription service that doesn't require me to pay for cable.

Although, I have no idea what I'm going to do when the final eight episodes start to air. It's a shame that AMC doesn't allow the episodes to be streamed for the week or month following the episode's release, it makes it a pain in the ass to view since there's no way in hell I'm waiting until it's out on blu-ray (although it'll be a day one buy when it does come out!) I'm probably going to have to avoid the internet on Sunday nights and just keep refreshing some site like Project Free TV.

Anyway, a question for you all: do you think Jesse will find out about some of the stuff Walt has done, such as letting Jane die and poisoning Brock? A lot of people think it's inevitable, but I'm not so sure. Walt really has no reason to admit it, and he's far past the point of apologies. I don't think his narcissism and ego are going to do anything but grow in the final eight episodes. The only way I can see Walt admitting to it is if Jesse does something to seriously piss him off and Walt goes off, telling him what a useless piece of shit he is and so on.
~Steven Erikson

#68 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

The Sopranos is excellent and you should watch it. I wouldn't even put Breaking Bad in the same echelon really, as entertaining as it is. The Sopranos is so good for so long, and while there's occasional wheel-spinning in the late middle seasons, the final season might be the best of all. It fires on all cylinders.

And @BK, yah I wonder if we're gonna flashback again. I mean it's technically just the mid-season start, but it would still make sense structurally to drop one more hint first if they feel like it.

#69 User is offline   Defiance 

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hmm, debating whether to purchase Seasons 1-4 now or wait until the series concludes and hope for a box set with some extras. Choices, choices.

And the second-to-last episode is apparently going to be called Fifty-Two, so yes I'd say we have 6 episodes until we catch up with the opening of season five. It also means we should see Walt on the run and growing his hair back out within four or five episodes.

And while we're making predictions, I might as well make my guesses at character deaths (so I can laugh at how wrong I was, or pat myself on the back for being correct):

Marie. I think she'll either be killed as an accident, or through something involving Declan/Todd and his uncles. Whatever it is, it'll push Hank over the edge.
Walter Jr. It'll be one of two deaths (Holly being the other) that would really rip out what's left of Walt's heart. No idea how it will happen, once again I say either an accident or Declan/Todd and his uncles.
Todd. Going to say he gets offed by Jesse.
Walt. The most obvious death prediction. Kind of a cheap one, considering he could either die because of cancer or gunshot wound from various parties. I'm going to guess he gets killed, though, in a big shootout in the final episode. I think everything else will be wrapped up before then, and Walt's death will conclude the series.

Also, quite possibly Skyler. If my prediction about Walter Jr. (and Marie, to a lesser extent) dying are correct, I'm not sure she'll have the will to keep on living. Sure, there's Holly, but Skyler is already an emotional wreck.

I suppose in retrospect I should just predict that everyone dies. I guess Hank isn't on my list, but at this point I can't see him dead. I think the last episode or two will come down to the characters that have always been there: Walt, Jesse, and Hank. I can totally see Hank having to live on in the hellish world that Walt has created for him (wife gone, medical bills paid with drug money, huge investigation on him not knowing that his brother-in-law was a meth kingpin).

And the one character I'm almost positive will live? Saul. He's a slippery bastard and I think any sort of death scene for him would just be out of place. I'm sure there will be some intense (and darkly humorous) scenes with him in the final eight, but he's smart enough to keep his head low and stay clear of the action. If anyone lives, it'll be him.
~Steven Erikson

#70 User is offline   Defiance 

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

As for if we'll get another opener like the one at the beginning of the season:

I don't think we'll get one when he's 52. Instead, I think we'll get one before that, right before Walt flees to New Jersey. The episode will open up with a shot of Negra Arroyo Lane (god I'm such a nerd knowing that), looking down Walt's driveway on a bright sunny day. Slowly, the camera will begin to pan. Sirens can be heard in the distance, possibly along with tense music. Then, as the White residence comes into view, we see a house in ruin. Broken garage door, door and windows riddled with bullet holes. Not sure where the scene would go from there, as openers are usually a few minutes long. Somehow it will allude to the fact that someone has been killed without revealing who (Walter Jr. or Skyler).

Either Declan or Todd's uncles have shot the place to hell. Not sure which, although I lean a bit more toward Todd and his uncles at this point, just because Todd has been a character throughout the season, whereas at this point it seems like we won't see much more of Declan - he was just a minor character that helped facilitate Walt's rise to kingpin status.

Just a wild guess because I have a feeling we will open to something in the future, but I don't think we'll get more info on what exactly is going on in these scenes until their specific episodes air.
~Steven Erikson

#71 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Best series EVER...At the moment ^_^

Theres just one problem, I am kind of having difficulty selling it to my peeps, the moment i mention crystal meth they kind of just get glassy eyed...And mention that he was once malcolm's dad has no positive effect.

Cant wait for the conclusion to Series 5
souls are for wimps

#72 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Seems like anyone who's so out of it that you'd have to explain basic details of the show to them are people you should remove from your life for all time anyway.

#73 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

when is the conclusion to season 5 going to be aired?!?

*wits end*
souls are for wimps

#74 User is offline   Defiance 

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

The "second half" of the season starts August 11th at 9/8c.
~Steven Erikson

#75 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Now if they would just frikkin replay the first half...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#76 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

I bought season 5 the other day. Brilliant.

Why did they split the season?

#77 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

and since it's supposed to be the final season, why cash in only once when you can cash in twice?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#78 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Ive watched all of breaking bad on netflix. Do they limit it in the states or something?
souls are for wimps

#79 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostAbyss, on 28 June 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

and since it's supposed to be the final season, why cash in only once when you can cash in twice?

Indeed I suppose the dvd sales themselves make it worth it. Like with the Hobbit if you know the fanbase will take it you can do it.

#80 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

I care not at all about season splits as long as the last 8 episodes are killer. IMO, there's potential here for BB to be the most consistent, solid show in my list of all time faves if it ends well.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users