• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Breaking Bad series discussion, SPOILERS to latest ep

#1 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Anybody watch this show on AMC? The season 4 premiere is tomorrow night, and - between the fact that it's one of those rare shows that has just gotten better and better with each season and season 3 ended with a fucking enormous cliffhanger - I for one am incredibly stoked.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#2 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

My whole household is psyched for this. Breaking Bad is the best show I have had the pleasure of watching, and yes, that include The Wire. /provocative

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

That's less provocative than it is weinervocative, but Breaking Bad is still indeed awesome. I'm hyped.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

Ooo nice at least one good series to watch :thumbsup:

/Chance

#5 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

Gus just scares the absolute shit out of me. He's like evil drug dealer Obama.

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#6 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

View Postworrywort, on 16 July 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

That's less provocative than it is weinervocative, but Breaking Bad is still indeed awesome. I'm hyped.

There is no weiner-evoking going on here! Honest!

Breaking Bad is visually brilliant, has pretty much the best acting performances on TV, and some of the most jaw-dropping and tension inducing sequences I have ever seen on film. While The Wire is broader in scope and is a superior social commentary, Breaking Bad can generate a much broader range of emotions in its audience and is a better discussion of the human condition. There is a majesty to the slow, shots of the New Mexico desert and an artistry to the camerawork that is simply breathtaking at times. Only this show can make an hour of television about a man trying to swat a fly compelling and engrossing television. Only this show could make me laugh at someone's dead corpse being dissolved in acid. Only this show dares to transform its main character from a relatable family man to a psychopath, and somehow still makes you root for him.

TL;DR? The Wire is great, but it doesn't have the flair that makes Breaking Bad unique.

ST

This post has been edited by Sir Thursday: 19 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#7 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

View PostSir Thursday, on 19 July 2011 - 12:51 AM, said:

View Postworrywort, on 16 July 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

There is no weiner-evoking going on here! Honest!

Breaking Bad is visually brilliant, has pretty much the best acting performances on TV, and some of the most jaw-dropping and tension inducing sequences I have ever seen on film. While The Wire is broader in scope and is a superior social commentary, Breaking Bad can generate a much broader range of emotions in its audience and is a better discussion of the human condition. There is a majesty to the slow, shots of the New Mexico desert and an artistry to the camerawork that is simply breathtaking at times. Only this show can make an hour of television about a man trying to swat a fly compelling and engrossing television. Only this show could make me laugh at someone's dead corpse being dissolved in acid. Only this show dares to transform its main character from a relatable family man to a psychopath, and somehow still makes you root for him.

TL;DR? The Wire is great, but it doesn't have the flair that makes Breaking Bad unique.

ST

Absolutely agree with all of the above. In the final estimation there's just something more human about Breaking Bad. The Wire does an amazing job dismantling a variety of social institutions and showing the effect they have on the humans who engage in them (either willingly or unwillingly) but Breaking Bad just cuts straight to the marrow of the human experience. There's not a single flat or poorly executed character on the show.

Also in this same vein, I lived in New Mexico for three years and the show does an amazing job evoking the landscape. It's far more subtle and obviously not a primary aim of the creators/producers in the same way, but the setting is somehow every bit as prominent in Breaking Bad as it is in the Wire. Everything from the panoramic desert shows you mentioned to the shitty storefronts (like Saul's office) and adobe suburbs.

#8 User is offline   Geir 

• Recruit

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

For those that has watched episode 4. someone has posted the whole singing sequence of Gale on youtube

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

really cracked me up
Apologize to the dice

#9 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

View PostGeir, on 10 August 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

For those that has watched episode 4. someone has posted the whole singing sequence of Gale on youtube

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

really cracked me up

Was that really your first post, or have you just never posted anywhere besides the Inn? If it was your first post, then fucking welcome, it was a great one. That video just made my night.

#10 User is offline   Geir 

• Recruit

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:55 AM

Been lurking the site once a month or so for the last 3 years. Just had nothing to do on this night shift :)
Apologize to the dice

#11 User is offline   Warrior on the Edge of Time 

• Recruit

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

I really liked the first 2 seasons. 3 kinda fell off for me. That fly episode was complete filler crap. I have not been too stoked on season 4 thus far.

#12 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

I'm only on season 2 so I'm not reading this thread, but I'm surprised it's so far down the topic list. The rest of the internet has been flipping out over this show these past couple weeks.

#13 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 March 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

Anyone know where i can watch S4 at??? Netflix only has the 1-3 and now Im hooked and not being able to watch S4 is pissing me off!!

Short of some kinda torrent situation or lucking into a low quality stream, your only choice is gonna be to rent/buy it until Netflix adds it.

That said, it's an amazing season. The last few episodes are easily the best television I've seen. Would be well worth a drop in the bucket.

#14 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 March 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

Anyone know where i can watch S4 at??? Netflix only has the 1-3 and now Im hooked and not being able to watch S4 is pissing me off!!

Short of some kinda torrent situation or lucking into a low quality stream, your only choice is gonna be to rent/buy it until Netflix adds it.

That said, it's an amazing season. The last few episodes are easily the best television I've seen. Would be well worth a drop in the bucket.

#15 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

If you want to pay for digital copies, Amazon has it for stream and/or purchase.

#16 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

Netflix works on individual deals with license holders, so some movies/shows come out on Instant before the DVDs ever come out, some long after, some at the same time, and some not at all. It's unlikely NF will have season 4 of BB before the DVDs come out, if history is any indication.

#17 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

That, plus S5 premier is probably still a good ways off.

#18 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Surprisingly, Bryan Cranston said S5 will premiere in July, though no official word has been said on the matter. Even if it's split into a Part A and Part B like the Sopranos, that's still pretty timely. Zero word on the S4 DVD release though.

#19 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Postworrywort, on 18 March 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Surprisingly, Bryan Cranston said S5 will premiere in July, though no official word has been said on the matter. Even if it's split into a Part A and Part B like the Sopranos, that's still pretty timely. Zero word on the S4 DVD release though.

I'd be astounded if it premiered in July, but also ecstatic. They, like Mad Men, have had some pretty long breaks between seasons, just not nearly as extreme. I figured that would especially be the case with the last season. But hey, if they can get it out, I'll be camped in front of my TV for a week in advance.

#20 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 July 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

S5 primere tonight! I'm fixing to dive into it!

What'd you guys think? (Those of you who watched the premier?)

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users