• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Transfer Talk '11 The best part of the summer

#61 User is offline   Luzburg 

• Master Exploder
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Arsenal are supposed to be getting the young lad Chamberlain.

#62 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

Arsenal looked pretty terrible... there's gonna be a hell of a lot of pressure on Wilshere this season when Fabregas and Nasri do depart, unless Wenger signs a proven midfield replacement. So a hell of a lot of pressure on Wilshere this season :p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#63 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

Lack of any kind of talent showed at Arsenal today... He needs to sign someone before Wednesday!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#64 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 28 August 2011 - 10:47 PM, said:

Lack of any kind of talent showed at Arsenal today... He needs to sign someone before Wednesday!

True, on that showing even Sheffield Wednesday would mop the floor with them. :ice:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#65 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

View PostSombra, on 30 August 2011 - 07:36 AM, said:

True, on that showing even Sheffield Wednesday would mop the floor with them. :ice:

Sombra is a.... Blades fan? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#66 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

View PostInfinity, on 30 August 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

View PostSombra, on 30 August 2011 - 07:36 AM, said:

Sombra is a.... Blades fan? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Well, I don't mind them, but to be honest I'm a Man U fan.

Please don't hate me. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#67 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

did someone delete my post?
I mean the joke was bad, and it broke my heart to post it, but come on!

#68 User is online   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

View PostMacros, on 30 August 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

did someone delete my post?
I mean the joke was bad, and it broke my heart to post it, but come on!

Haha they must have, I've seen the 8-2 be a gunners fan scattered around the web, made me laugh!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#69 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Today's Fiver is wonderfully tongue in cheek.

It was a great weekend for the Arsenal, who scored two goals at Manchester United in the league for the first time since 1985 and were a Robin van Persie penalty away from the heady heights of notching three, a feat not achieved since 1971. A season-defining performance, and one that allowed Arsene Wenger to slip into a post-match state of serenity: according to reports, he sat in the Old Trafford dressing room after the game in total silence, lost in the moment, staring blankly at the walls, no doubt letting wave after blissful wave of satisfaction crash over him, his wholesale commitment to progressive attacking football having once again been completely vindicated.

This pioneer refuses to stand still, though. Like all the great managers, Wenger can spot minor flaws which the untrained eye of the average punter misses, and to this end is about to improve on perfection with the £10m capture of Per Mertesacker. The 6ft 6in German international is a class act: the captain of Werder Bremen, he was the senior figure in a defence that was one of only four to concede 60 or more goals in last season's Bundesliga. But that's not really the point.

Most important, of course, is Mertesacker's attacking potency: dangerous at set pieces, he's scored 19 Bundesliga goals since his top-flight debut for Hanover in 2003. At nearly 2.4 goals per season, that's a rate not far off established top-class strikers such as Marouanne Chamakh or Nicklas Bendtner. A couple of training sessions with Wenger and this guy will be the new Gerd Muller for sure (although even better, one would assume, as Muller shoddily insisted on taking shots at goal without pausing to consider aesthetics, or whether an attempt could be made to slowly walk the ball into the net instead).

Mertesacker is due to have a medical late this afternoon, though getting an appointment with Arsenal's quack might prove tricky, as most of the squad are camped out in his waiting room hoping to get some of those special boxes of Nurofen Plus that really take the edge off the old central nervous system. The feelgood factor at the Emirates doesn't stop there, either. Striker Park Chu-young of newly-relegated Monaco has already joined today, as will Brazilian full-back Andre Santos, who is all about bombing down the wing and scoring goals and leaving acres of grass behind him, and will be fresh and raring to go having come from Fenerbahce, where he won't have played a competitive game in quite a while. It's a great time to be a Gunner, and it's going to get even better!

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#70 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

what the hell keeps happening to my posts?

#71 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

Cole and Poulsen away. Granted, we're still paing 40,000 pounds a week for Cole to play in a completely different country. But still, fucking bargain!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#72 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

N'gog away to bolton, now replace him with craig on a rolling contract and get us another defender and I'll be satisfied with this summer

#73 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

Well it's only an hour or two til the deadline and no big crazy Harry Redknapp move? Also, I'm expecting a Sneijder signing to Man U to happen last minute...

This post has been edited by Tiste Simeon: 31 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#74 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

mereilles hands in a written transfer request with under an hour to go.
smacks of back room agent dealings to get this ready to force a last second move.

fuck sake, hodgsons only decent bloody signing

#75 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

Scott Parker has definitely gone to Spurs, good move for both parties.

Surprised Arsenal didn't show more of an interest to be honest.
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#76 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

Would have been a lot happier if we'd have nabbed Cahill as well - tbh, would have been pretty happy with £40 million for Modric as well (or £30mil + Danny Sturridge) but Levy couldn't exactly sell him after what he's been saying all summer. Glad we've finally got around to selling some players this year too, the likes of Hutton, Jenas, O'Hara and Palacios were never really going to be integral parts of the team anyway, so it's good to get them off the books.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#77 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

No Sneijder then, but I think we have a solid enough team. Would be nice to beat City, Liverpool and Chelsea 8-2 as well...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#78 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

So, Fergus is after lampard and Kenny after bent

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +