• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime

#121 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

i would recomende Deadman wonderland, Death Note, steins gate, Chaos Head and code geass is epic on a chuck noris level it is a must watch.

Steins:Gate will mind fuck you on the first episode but continue it will make sense after.
Chaos Head is 12 episodes and is a mind fuck until the last episode its worth the wait
Deadman Wonderland is violent and quite grusome (poor Woodpecker) but has a good story (but the manga is better in my opinion)
DW needs no explination it what got me to watch anime
Code Geass; Lelouch of the rebellion is a masterpiece it has 50 episodes awsome mech fights and has some comidic moments but is mostly serious.

This post has been edited by blanketman2.0: 10 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

blankets are always in style

#122 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

View Postblanketman2.0, on 10 August 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

I've been watching anime for about 1 year now and i would recomende Deadman wonderland, Death Note, steins gate, code geass is epic on a chuck noris level it is a must watch.

You're from Timmins?

Can you bring me some Poutine from Chez Nous? The big size.

Thanks.

:)
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#123 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

but it would be cold by the time i got to Toronto its a 8 to 9 hour drive

#124 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

View Postblanketman2.0, on 10 August 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

but it would be cold by the time i got to Toronto its a 8 to 9 hour drive

Understood.

Still...Chez Nous...the sketchiest convenience store that sells food. good times.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#125 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Tu commande de la poutine de Timmins?
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#126 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

Finished Darker than Black 'Ryuusei no Gemini' aka Season Two, and the OVAs. And yeah, already rewatched both seasons. I have an awful rewatch habit, it seems.

Second season was, in my opinion, really good! I was watching subs, which I'm getting used to, but was still marginally frustrating - but at least in this series the action isn't laced with dialogue, unlike some, which makes subs...impractical.
It had a much more cohesive overall storyline, and I really like the fact that Studio BONES seem to have done what they wanted to do with the season, rather than just sticking to the formula for the sake of the fandom - the fact that they did what they want shows in the quality of the plot, characters, and work. It's been a step up in all areas, and I really liked the first season!

And...I actually got mindfucked. Granted, I was watching the finale at 1am, after watching the last three episodes in quick succession. But, for the first time in a long time - and possibly for the first time *properly* - I was mindfucked by the resolution. Like, zombie-moded my way to bed, and had a moderately (oddly) pleasant feeling until I dropped off. Was still there in the morning, in fact. Now, I'd been warned before I got into DtB that it was moderately mindfuck-y - but I took that with a grain of salt. Watching Haruhi in airing order (anachronic) didn't confuse me in the slightest, after all. And while End of Evangelion &ct were "trippy", they weren't "mindfuck", to me. The end of the first season of DtB was relatively confusing, but not "mindfuck" either. The end of the second season was MINDFUCK. I think I've got a bit of a hold on it now - but as Tropes puts it: "If you think you understand the ending...you don't."

The OVAs went a short way to explaining what the fuck happened to some of the main characters in the period between season one and two, which also cleared up a bit about the second season, but not much. Basically they came down to more Black Reaper awesomeness and a bit of character development. Which was good. But season two is where it's at. DO NOT WATCH THE OVAs BEFORE WATCHING SEASON TWO. That's not how they were released, and it's not how they should be watched, imo.

So yeah, if you even kinda enjoyed season one of Darker than Black, try season two, imo. It's really good!

Sadly, I am now almost out of bandwidth. And my beloved country is implementing a 'law' which makes it harder to 'obtain these' on September 1st, which will screw me over for a weeks. Ugh. (P.S. I do actually buy the series I 'obtain' - I've got Noir and Haruhi season one coming soon. It just takes forever and they cost like a bitch here, so I like to get in early. I'ma buying Darker than Black when I can find it in my freaking country. :p

Thus I'm on rewatches for the rest of this month and the next. Trouble is (First World Problem Alert) - WHICH SERIES DAMMIT?!?!?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#127 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hey guys, Anime Wednesday: August is now up!

Enjoy!

http://bit.ly/noYude

#128 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

if you like zombies you might like high school of the dead although it has a lot of (fanservice) but other then that is quite good and most of the girls are badass in the fight seens
if you like vampire stuff blood + is good (not twilight vampire)

This post has been edited by blanketman2.0: 20 August 2011 - 06:32 AM

#129 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

Code Geas is rocking my world right now. After so much school girl crap watching
something as deep and convincing as lelouche of the rebellion is unadulterated win.

Im struggling to finish Blood +. Saya Is not quite living to my expectations but
still as a concept the Blood + vimpire mythos is quite creatively developed. Thus
I can appreciate.

Also after convincing rant above Im jonesing for season 2 of Darker than Black. Silencer you should consider a
job as a minion in service of the underworld er I mean marketing.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#130 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

the ending of code geass is quite open to intepritation and may cause man tears
and it better after a rewatch

and were are you in blood +?

#131 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

My brother keeps telling me I need to man up for the ending of series 2. Im still on series 1 so no worries :)

Im actually on ep. 35? of blood plus after the mini timeskip. I expected her to get pretty hardcore but she's still not
much of a match for Diva
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#132 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

her brother is much more badass and it more of a script based anime than fight scene anime
and clamp the creators is an all female group and they play more on the emotional level although there are some cool fights

and if you enjoy code geass you will probably enjoy Darker than Black

#133 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

View PostDolmen, on 20 August 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

Also after convincing rant above Im jonesing for season 2 of Darker than Black. Silencer you should consider a

XD I hope you like it!

I stand by my endorsement, either way. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#134 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

Code Geas is rocking my world right now. After so much school girl crap watching
something as deep and convincing as lelouche of the rebellion is unadulterated win.

Im struggling to finish Blood +. Saya Is not quite living to my expectations but
still as a concept the Blood + vimpire mythos is quite creatively developed. Thus
I can appreciate.

Everyone raves about Code Geass, but I saw the first couple episodes and really didn't like it. Does it change at all?
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#135 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

View PostKanese S, on 23 August 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

I can appreciate.

Everyone raves about Code Geass, but I saw the first couple episodes and really didn't like it. Does it change at all?

Thats exactly what I thought when my brother shoved it onto me. It starts in a cheezy way
but quickly starts to develop into something grand and rather intelligent. The main thing
behind Code Geass is character development. nothing is obvious and the only character
I found relatively predictable was Prince Clovis and he was killed in the first episode.
Soon even he starts to seem likeable. Its worth seeing through as the pace
of the story changes drasticly every four or so episodes.

#136 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostSilencer, on 17 August 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

Finished Darker than Black 'Ryuusei no Gemini' aka Season Two, and the OVAs. And yeah, already rewatched both seasons. I have an awful rewatch habit, it seems.

Second season was, in my opinion, really good! I was watching subs, which I'm getting used to, but was still marginally frustrating - but at least in this series the action isn't laced with dialogue, unlike some, which makes subs...impractical.
It had a much more cohesive overall storyline, and I really like the fact that Studio BONES seem to have done what they wanted to do with the season, rather than just sticking to the formula for the sake of the fandom - the fact that they did what they want shows in the quality of the plot, characters, and work. It's been a step up in all areas, and I really liked the first season!

you're the very first person i've seen who liked S2

Also code geass is a solid anime. Season 1 i found was very well done, good characters(ignore nina), interesting plot. Granted it does get side tracked in the whole High School thing but as the series goes on there's less and less of that.

Season 2 though... the ending was brilliant, but everything leading up to it was just retarded. First half is a repeat of season 1, second half is just, retarded. Its not even mindfuck, its just stupid.

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 25 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

#137 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

Subs are the only way to go, really. Unless they're terrible fansubs, the english dubs (usually done by a major studio) often really change the dialogue to appeal to a western audience. And I HATE that everyone from Osaka is dubbed with a southern accent.

And as to what to watch next, I started watching this really interesting series, Dennou Coil, which is a show about these kids and their escapades in this small town. EXCEPT there's a digital overlay world that you can see when you wear these glasses. People have digital pets, and digital tools (like fishing rods, etc.), and there are even various pseudophysical programs running around, like a giant red floating anti-virus program that blasts everything with lasers, (that you can only interact with wearing the glasses)
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#138 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

View PostBalrogLord, on 25 August 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

you're the very first person i've seen who liked S2

*snip*

And it's still my thing of the month. Absolutely awesome. It was quite different from the first season, I guess, but hey, if it works...and it does, imo, then no problems with that. *shrug*

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 31 August 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

Subs are the only way to go, really. Unless they're terrible fansubs, the english dubs (usually done by a major studio) often really change the dialogue to appeal to a western audience. And I HATE that everyone from Osaka is dubbed with a southern accent.

And as to what to watch next, I started watching this really interesting series, Dennou Coil, which is a show about these kids and their escapades in this small town. EXCEPT there's a digital overlay world that you can see when you wear these glasses. People have digital pets, and digital tools (like fishing rods, etc.), and there are even various pseudophysical programs running around, like a giant red floating anti-virus program that blasts everything with lasers, (that you can only interact with wearing the glasses)

I disagree about the subs. For example, watching Disappearance of Haruhi subbed is like watching half the film and reading the other half. There is far too much going on screen for that dialogue to be read properly.

Similarly, Noir subbed would be greatly hurt in quality - the amount of detail and importance in various character's facial expressions alone that you would miss if reading would almost kill the thing, imo.

Ideally, I would watch them in Japanese and be able to understand the language well enough that I can have no subs. That not being the case, I'll take a good dub over subtitles if possible (assuming a dual audio version is available in reasonable quality) at least for a first watch. Next I'd rate a high-quality video with proper subs. Then everything else.
That being said, the proper DtB S2 subs were brilliant, and worked well enough that you didn't have to stop watching the action to read. But in general dubs just have a bad rep imo. Especially when you consider that there are plenty of terrible fansubs out there for every proper sub job, often being translated incorrectly by accident - which is worse than a deliberate modification for English-language clarity, imo.

Currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (subbed), and enjoying it. Stupid art style breaks every five minutes annoy me, though, reminding me of the things I dislike about anime. Otherwise it's a good show so far. ^_^ (Halfway through)

Shinrei said:

#139 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

Anime List follow the link you may find a good anime warning it is based on popularity but if you go down the list there a some gems

example tadadora is pretty good

and a personal fav Hidan no Aria

This post has been edited by blanketman2.0: 01 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

#140 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

@ Silencer

I don't find it detracts from viewing, as I can do both at the same time. Unless I'm drunk.

Well, if not both at the same time, my reading speed makes it a matter of reading at a single glance.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Share this topic:

• 241 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users