Malazan Empire: Series re-read- with extensive spoilers and discussion - Malazan Empire

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Series re-read- with extensive spoilers and discussion Re Read - Each book as and when

#181 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Not all of them?

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#182 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

View PostTerez, on 24 June 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Not all of them?

No, I meant "she" channelled, or disappeared without a trace.

What things should I take note of during the last few chapters of this book?

I liked Mat and Perrin meeting again with the Badger :headbang:
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#183 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Setalle Anan used to be Aes Sedai but she was stilled. Even better she was once Amyrllan. That is a guess. I think she will be healed and will play a part in the last book.

#184 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

Dude, the lady in the Waste is a complete mystery. For some reason I want to think it's like a manifestation rather than an Aes Sedai channeling in and out. One would think Aviendha would have noticed that yes? She wasn't on edge at all. Perhaps a dream vision, maybe.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#185 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Inverted weaves? You cannot sense them.

A woman using Saidan.

A woman using true sauce.

I like your prerogative though. The dead are walking, people see ghosts, so by all means why not an apparition or vision. That way it could have been one of the Jenn Aiel which I got a feeling for when reading that passage.

On a side note, did Aviendha go through the rings to become a wise one?

It looks as though she broke tradition and tried to read the giant spikes with her Talent but then set off the Ter'angreal and saw some future visions...

On a further side note, do you think she can change the future that the visions shown? A remnant of a remnant the prophecies said so what we were seeing was that remnant if i'm not mistaken?

#186 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Maybe she convinces/forces the aiel to change in a matter that only a remnent of a remnent remains of the aiel, the rest has changed, perhaps back to being tinkers.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#187 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

Where the last book has left off I'm not sure she is going to be able to do much before the last battle. So whatever she is going to do will have to be afterwards

#188 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen,
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

do most of you think, BS will continue RJ's pre-planned Prequel Trilogy or something? or that rumored trilogy about the Seanchan? RJ did leave notes about those did he, or did he not?

well, a few chapters in KoD now, sluggish pacing as usual,

how did they capture/known about Talene by the way, in what book did that happen?
It's not who I am underneath.. but what i do that defines me - Batman, Batman Begins; 'Without our deaths, sir, there would be no crime. Thus, no punishment to match,' 'Mortal Sword - '
'We are done, my friend. Now, in this manner, we choose the meaning of our deaths' - Mortal Sword Brukhalian to Veteran Nilbanas, siege of Capustan
'Ippen shinde miru (want to try dying this once) ?' - Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl)

#189 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

nearing half of the book now,
while the courtship between Mat and Tuon is cute, i don't see why Mat have to go through life being unapprectiated by WOT Women, sucks to be him,
and while i'm there, its what irritates me about WoT women, how ingrate these women most of the time, like that time when he rescued Nynaeve and cohorts, they used their power on him, such ingrates,
is being Aes Sedai grants you ingratitude? i wonder,
also, for being the most powerful women on WoT, literally and politically, most of them lack common sense,

-end of rant -
It's not who I am underneath.. but what i do that defines me - Batman, Batman Begins; 'Without our deaths, sir, there would be no crime. Thus, no punishment to match,' 'Mortal Sword - '
'We are done, my friend. Now, in this manner, we choose the meaning of our deaths' - Mortal Sword Brukhalian to Veteran Nilbanas, siege of Capustan

#190 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

View Postyuna_anomander25, on 28 June 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

nearing half of the book now,
while the courtship between Mat and Tuon is cute, i don't see why Mat have to go through life being unapprectiated by WOT Women, sucks to be him,
and while i'm there, its what irritates me about WoT women, how ingrate these women most of the time, like that time when he rescued Nynaeve and cohorts, they used their power on him, such ingrates,
is being Aes Sedai grants you ingratitude? i wonder,
also, for being the most powerful women on WoT, literally and politically, most of them lack common sense,

-end of rant -

I like the way he courts her. I like the measures that he goes to, to ensure their marriage. I guess Mat is my favourite character. As for Tuon I can see where her arrogance comes from. Mat will just have to teach her humility.

#191 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

well, yeah, i like their courtship, as i said its cute,
what i don't like is other women, especially Aes Sedai, good thing he has that Ter'angreal, if not, then he would be more Upbraided as they say,
but even with it, they don't appreciate his good intention for anyone of them, and gives him grief like he says,
he's cool in his way, i just don't want people esp women to always snapping him always,

#192 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

View Postyuna_anomander25, on 28 June 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

well, yeah, i like their courtship, as i said its cute,
what i don't like is other women, especially Aes Sedai, good thing he has that Ter'angreal, if not, then he would be more Upbraided as they say,
but even with it, they don't appreciate his good intention for anyone of them, and gives him grief like he says,
he's cool in his way, i just don't want people esp women to always snapping him always,

Setalle does explain this in Towers of Midnight though.

#193 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

if she does, then i'll just have to read that, good thing i already have ToM handy, when i finish KoD and TGS,
i'm already at the part where the "Rescue-Moiraine-Operation" is already foreshadowing, i know, i'm a slow to moderate reader,
so my excitement level has gone another notch, can't wait, i have this huge crush/fanboy for Moiraine,
your theory Tattersail about Setalle Anan is interesting, so she's more than she really appears isn't she, i know RJ didn't wrote just that to introduce new characters, he has plans for them,

#194 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

Oh-kay, Logain just became one of my top favorites second to Rand, :)
i would like for his "Glory" to be that he would be like the Amyrlin for the Black Tower, i would be disappointed if he won't atleast have a piece of the legacy that Rand would leave,
that's what i would like, so back to reading KoD,

#195 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

what does that Snowflake-something logo in TGS mean? and also the Rats?
this is the first time those have appeared in the series isn't it,

#196 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

It's a spiderweb, and it's meant to signify the disintegration of the Pattern. The mice icon was used in New Spring when Siuan talked Moiraine into playing a prank on Elaida involving mice the night after they passed the test for the shawl (and the night before they took the Oaths).

Sorry I've been absent/busy lately; I popped in because those questions were kind of obscure.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#197 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostTerez, on 02 July 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

It's a spiderweb, and it's meant to signify the disintegration of the Pattern. The mice icon was used in New Spring when Siuan talked Moiraine into playing a prank on Elaida involving mice the night after they passed the test for the shawl (and the night before they took the Oaths).

Sorry I've been absent/busy lately; I popped in because those questions were kind of obscure.

it's ok, i understand, however much we like to just talk about stuff here and read, we still have personal lives to get to,
i haven't read that far in NS, just started about it actually,
oh, sorry, i thought it was snowflakes, i understand now what you said last time about BS's success in handling RJ's chars, seems most of them is spot-on, haven't encountered the rest, esp Mat,

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users