• Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:07 AM

Wellp thanks Morgoth. Seems me die then
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3582 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:07 PM

Just finished Untitled Goose Game. Best game of the year so far. Damn near perfect gaming experience if you let yourself have fun with the concept.

#3583 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:06 PM

I've been playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker this weekend. Still in the early stages but I'm enjoying it more than the Pillars of Eternity games and - dare I say it - Divinity: Original Sin 2 - so far, anyway.

#3584 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:08 AM

View PostAptorian, on 24 September 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Just finished Untitled Goose Game. Best game of the year so far. Damn near perfect gaming experience if you let yourself have fun with the concept.

Great fun when you see an opportunity, try it, and it turns out it was on the extras list. I liked the little touches, like crashing through the house; appearing on tv and walking right up to the camera so theres a big goose face in the window.. so funny.

Currently playing Rebel Galaxy. Zipping between planets and stations type fare; space/western music pushes it very much in the Firefly direction. Except instead of having a single fighter type, you get more of a battleship; the combat is more like Black Flag than anything else, with turrets and broadsides.

It's on a 2d plane which takes some getting used to after NMSky - weird at first but the battles are fun when you get the scale of it - my turrets are shooting down fighters in seconds, while it takes longer and some tactical shifts of energy reserves between shields and weapons to bring down other capital ships.

The music is a sort of blend of tracks from Firefly and Sons of Anarchy. Early game so just doing safer missions at the moment, lots of nice upgrades to buy though.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 14 October 2019 - 07:20 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3585 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:09 AM

Couple more hours into Rebel Galaxy.

Getting drawn in now, very like Cowboy Bebop universe, with orbital stations, circular gates for jumping systems, and general traffic between outposts.

You can hail other ships like the Militaria ones or traders, just exchanging news or time of day, it makes it seem busy.

Combat has improved now I've upgraded a few weapons and added a deflector shield; and while I've been blown up a couple of times, I've had a few decent wins against pirates and the odd large frigate.

Circling around on a 2d plane, deflecting, using broadsides, taking out fighters with turrets, while avoiding space debris is all pretty fun. And there can be quite a lot of debris - I thought it would just explode on contact like in NMS but no... you thump into stuff, deflect off it, and take damage. I even got stuck headfirst in a piece of destroyed starship during a battle - the good thing was I figured out how to reverse, which has cool animations on the ships retros.

There is a main story which is ok, not essential though as the most I'll be getting out of it is the continual upgrading and ship improving - I'm still on the first one, the space version of a sloop I guess, fast but light.

Looking forward to some battles with the bigger ones down the line.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3586 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:47 AM

Finished BL3 main story.

The game is fun in all the usual BL ways, but my god there are some really irritating bugs in at least the multiplayer.

- Load in cutscenes / dialogue - whoever is hosting gets almost all of these, whoever is not hosting will take a good ten seconds past the host to load in and so will invariably miss stuff.
- non-hosts having to restart their game to get access to certain things. When we first cleared it outright refused to let me into Guardian Rank, we had to drop out and reboot for it to work.

I think that with a few QOL patches it would be a lot better.

Also whose fucking decision was it to make the last two bosses into Touhou Project

#3587 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

I've put Borderlands 3 into the freezer until after the fall is over.

Playing Destiny 2 after Borderlands 3 felt like experiencing a whole different level of design quality.

#3588 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:29 AM

View PostAptorian, on 15 October 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

I've put Borderlands 3 into the freezer until after the fall is over.

Playing Destiny 2 after Borderlands 3 felt like experiencing a whole different level of design quality.

The fall of capitalism? ARRIBA

#3589 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

I'm about 15 hours into Pathfinder: Kingmaker now. Still in the first chapter, so I've barely scratched the surface, and haven't had to deal with any of the kingdom management aspects as yet, but in terms of the rpg and combat elements I'm really enjoying it. I've got a couple of mods running - one that allows you to turn the camera, and one for turn-based combat. Both are great but the latter is particularly good as you can switch between it and the standard real-time-with-pause combat on the fly and - so far - it works brilliantly Posted Image

All this in the week that Baldur's Gate I & II, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment are released on Switch, too :lol:

#3590 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:32 PM

Haven't started playing yet but purchased and started downloading (approx. 3GB on PS4) - Return of the Obra Dinn.

Any you guys play or plan on playing?

#3591 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

I'll start playing it tomorrow. Excitement is high.

#3592 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

Boot up Outer Worlds.

Walk into first residential dwelling.

See all the stuff labeled red.

Oops, there I go stealing everything not bolted down again.

There's a crime spree about to start in edge water.

#3593 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:03 PM

Yep! And apparently you can sell it all easily so it's worth doing.

Downloaded, just waiting to get on.

#3594 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:14 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 28 October 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 28 October 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

Yep! And apparently you can sell it all easily so it's worth doing.

Downloaded, just waiting to get on.

I used to love that shit in Morrowind.

Yep, I remember stealing some high end glass armour right at the start from under a shopkeepers nose; had to time it just right.

I've just been looting the settlement, messing about with workbenches and squinting at the screen as all the text is so goddamn small.

Love the Firefly vibe; even the ship hangar is the same, music helps too. Great dialogue options and responses so far.

Pity I've got work tomorrow, I could easily spend all night getting into this.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 October 2019 - 11:16 PM

#3595 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

I'm 30+ hours into Pathfinder: Kingmaker now. Finished the first chapter, where you have to reclaim the 'Stolen Lands', and am now starting to actually run my kingdom. It's all running beautifully. I heard it was a bit of a mess on release so I'm glad I held on until now to get it. What a brilliant game it is.

We've also resurrected our co-op game of Divinity: Original Sin 2. Really want to double dip to get this on Switch so I can play it more often, but I'm holding out in the hope they release a physical edition.

#3596 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:29 PM

Finished Greedfall on Friday. Really good game.

Started Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice. controls are iffy (what idiot decided to hardcode cursor keys to camera controls?), ut overall it's all right. Combat's manageable, even on Hard, esp once I put evade on my thumb button.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3597 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:25 AM

Had a break from Outer Worlds - put Rebel Galaxy back on.

Put a smile on my face immediately, just the music and the whole feeling of free, occupied space to roam about in. Got in a big fight early on and managed to scrape through - pulse lasers took out the fighters, shield on before missiles impacted; then circling the big cruisers launching broadsides into their weak sides.

Now joined the Merchants Guild, got access to different ships and higher paying missions. Saving up to buy a jump drive so I can use the gateway that leads to a different system. Want to clear the story missions here first though.

Outer Wilds is fun, but this really scratches that whole 'Pirates in space' itch. With space battles. And explosions. And space debris. And aliens talking in alien languages before trying to kill you.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 11 November 2019 - 06:41 PM

#3598 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

Booted up Subnautica (on gamepass now) over the weekend. Man that game is pretty, but its also very much 'go figure out how to survive, I guess'. Figuring out what to do, when to do it, and how to do it is pretty hard, at least for the first part of the game, for your first time.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3599 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:26 AM

Okay, right up to the final boss of Hellblade, called it quits there for the night. Aside from the one ridiculous combat difficulty spike right when I got Glamr, the game's difficulty has been pretty fair. I killed the Hound on first go.

Unfortunately, I missed a few Lore stones early on, so I'll give it a replay, probably on Easy, once I'm done with this run. It's a very nice story, though, and the length feels quite good for it.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3600 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:49 AM

What do you think of the insanity elements and the way her dealing with the grief is portrayed? I thought it was really uncomfortable at times but also effective.

Share this topic:

• 237 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users