• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#3481 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:38 AM

I love playing it handheld, but the pro controller is fantastic, and it's definitely better for solving some of the shrine puzzles. There was one that involved using motion control to roll a ball around a maze and in handheld I was twisting around, holding the switch over my head and this way and that, couldn't do it. Used the pro controller, did it in 30 seconds :lol:

#3482 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

Just ordered one. My ideal set up is TV + bluetooth headphones. The joycons are the big flaw in the switch for me - multiplayer set ups are a pain, one of them has a slight left drift already, and they're just too small to be held comfortably in any way.

Using them for BotW, the map button (-) is above the left stick, but too close to it to hit easily. The d pad is awkward too, as it's directly below the stick but sort of under my thumb joint.

Anyway, pro con on the way, should be here tomorrow.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3483 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

The only time I've ever used the joycons unattached was during the initial set up, and I didn't like it. Very happy using them attached to the Switch, though - haven't had any problems with them . . . so far.

#3484 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

Anyone know if there's anything akin to what Myst was out there somewhere these days? Like, super complex, mostly realistic puzzle games?

Obduction? I haven't played it, but it's by Cyan, who made Myst, and it's free on GOG until tomorrow:

https://www.gog.com/game/obduction

#3485 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostSerenity, on 31 May 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

Anyone know if there's anything akin to what Myst was out there somewhere these days? Like, super complex, mostly realistic puzzle games?

Obduction? I haven't played it, but it's by Cyan, who made Myst, and it's free on GOG until tomorrow:

Boo, I suggested that already, idea-thief! :lol: Though I didn’t know it was free on GOG, good call!

#3486 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 31 May 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 31 May 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

Boo, I suggested that already, idea-thief! :) Though I didn't know it was free on GOG, good call!

Hehe, I confess to only quickly scrolling down the thread. But great minds and all that :lol:

#3487 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 23 May 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

I realise it's not quite the same, but The Witness was amazing.

I second The Witness. Awesome game.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3488 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:09 AM

Pro controller is so much better.

Breath of the Wild is goddamned enormous.

Hardly scratched the surface so far. I was very happy to find Kakariko village, cucco chasing and all. First fairy fountain - they kept the music! Zelda nostalgia meter full. Got quite a lot of Korok seeds now, as I keep spotting their puzzles as I'm travelling, and got some climbing gear which has helped too.

It may not have the 'real' look from other open world games but it's got that immersion factor. So far I can't fault it.

Wonder why we don't have a thread for this game, have not many people played it?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 01 June 2019 - 09:10 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3489 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:31 AM

I've been making progress in FFX on Switch (currently in Bevelle). I can't remember how far I got when I originally played it back in the day. I think I may just have passed that point.

I've also fallen in love with Monster Hunter Stories on 3DS. Such a fun game. And I've been dabbling in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, also on 3DS. For all the praise Monster Hunter World gets for being the most accessible of the MH games, and as much as I love that game, I've found 4U to be the most approachable.

#3490 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:55 PM

I'm loving Zelda.

What's great is that Link has amnesia, and I haven't played Zelda for years.

So I've forgotten stuff too - and when I found the Deku tree last night, with an echo of familiar music in the background, I was right back there with my green N64 playing Ocarina. So well done.

#3491 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

Was in the mood for some Titanfall 2 Frontier Defense last night. Scorch is so good in FD.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#3492 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:52 AM

I'm nearly at the end of FFX - I'm inside Sin, so just the final three boss fights to go, I think.

But it's Monster Hunter Stories on 3DS that's really holding my attention at the moment. It's really taken me by surprise by how good it is and how many of the core MH systems are there, even though the combat is turn-based. I'm just over 20 hours into it and starting to get some of the better monsties. Took on a Black Diablos last night, which was the most epic battle I've had so far. So much fun. Posted Image

#3493 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:11 PM

Played half an hour of Cadence of Hyrule yesterday. Really charming game. And surprisingly tough. Or rather, I was bad at Crypt of the Necrodancer and this is kinda the same. I am a token white guy, I have no rhythm, so I get punished when I try to match the tempo of the baddies. Thankfully the game is only rogue-lite and there's no perma-death.

Also played the intro to Yakuza Zero with a friend but it was so slow and clunky that we lost interest after 15-30 minutes.

Instead we played a couple of hours of the Modern Warfare Remastered campaign. MW remains a really cool gameplay experience. The focus on making you feel like a part of a squad and not just a lone bad ass works really well in this game. It reminded me that COD used to (maybe still has?) a problem with enemies just spawning over and over until you run forward and reach an arbitrary check point, at which point the next phase begins. But you feel awesome when you clear out a building with your squad.

#3494 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

Bought Oblivion for less then 4 euro's last week, and been modding the rest of the week. Bevilex modlist with lots of textures and ENB to finish it. It looks pretty enough now.

#3495 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

Needed a open world 1st person rpg. Like it so far.

#3496 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:19 AM

Finished FFX yesterday. It was alright.

I'm intending to concentrate on Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology to conclusion, now, whilst still dipping in and out of Monster Hunter Stories and Trails in the Sky SC. Then maybe some BotW or Valkyria Chronicles 4. Or Persona 4.

Eeek, so many unfinished games. Need to get one or two done and dusted before Fire Emblem: Three Houses lands at the end of July.

#3497 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 17 June 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Get Morrowind! It's the superior game.

Was absolutely mind blowing when new.

This is some fucked up timing as not 35 minutes ago as I was sitting here I had a memory flash of sneak/thieving an entire armor store in Balmora. Been years since I last played or thought about that part and then I read your post. Cool.

Get Morrowind though.

*combat music*

What, there's nothing here...

*distant screeching*

O_O;;

Repeat ad infinitum
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3498 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

Civilization 6 in Spanish is proving to be a challenge, but at least I know the spanish words for faith, gold, culture, science and end turn now.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3499 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:32 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 18 June 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

Civilization 6 in Spanish is proving to be a challenge, but at least I know the spanish words for faith, gold, culture, science and end turn now.

Nuestras palabras están respaldadas con armas nucleares.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3500 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:23 AM

Played a lot more Cadence of Hyrule. Had to switch the gameplay to a static beat, which means the baddies move a square when I move a square. That made the difficulty much more manageable.

After I got the broad sword swipe upgrade with a titanium damage buff the combat is now pretty easy. I'm breezing through the game but I'm also having a lot of fun. It's basically a randomly generated A Link to the Past tribute with elements from later games thrown in.

I've been to the lost woods and killed my first boss (No master sword yet though) and now I'm down in the desert area.

This game is a perfect light hearted after work gaming experience.

Share this topic:

• 237 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users