• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#3421 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:29 AM

I'm taking a break from Sekiro to get some more reading done, though I am still returning to Slay the Spire now and then. I think I have gotten as far as one can go with the Defect now (story, not ascension levels, though who knows), but still have some stuff left to do with the Silent and the Ironclad. The Ironclad hasn't clicked with me yet. I'm getting the hang of the Silent I think, but the Defect is undoubtedly my favourite. I had essentially a perfect run last night, with a small, compact deck that by the final boss ran in an almost unbreakable loop. A relic that gave me 1 buffer (reduce one source of damage to 0), 6 intangible cards (reduce all damage this turn to 1), and Echo Form (the first card you play each round is played twice) made me nigh invulnerable, and a continuous loop of lightning orbs and focus increase made me kill the final boss in two turns. The first time I've managed to kill it too.

It's a fun game :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3422 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:44 AM

I'm almost at the end of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC. Hands down one of my favourite JRPGs that I've played to date. I've already got the second and third games on Steam, plus the Crossbell duology (with the fan translations patched in), and the first two Cold Steel games. It's going to take me years to get through this series :)

My late night Switch sessions over the weekend have been taken up with Cosmic Star Heroine, which is bloody brilliant. It looks and plays a lot like Chrono Trigger minus the time travel.

Also still working my way through Persona 4 Golden during my lunch breaks.

#3423 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:51 AM

Was downloading Legend of Kay, an action-adventur-y mascot platforms with an Asian theme.

While the installer was downloading off GOG, I started up Grey Goo. Feels like a space C&C, all right.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3424 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:01 AM

Had a brief look at Chrono Cross and Skies of Arcadia Legends last night. Two more to add to the ever-increasing backlog Posted Image

#3425 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:08 PM

View PostSerenity, on 09 April 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

Had a brief look at Chrono Cross and Skies of Arcadia Legends last night. Two more to add to the ever-increasing backlog Posted Image

Skies of Arcadia is my favourite game of all time!! There’s a Kotaku writer who’s doing a commentary playthrough of it currently (don’t watch if you’ve never played the game) who is doing a great job of expressing for me exactly why I love that game.

- Khell

#3426 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 09 April 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Skies of Arcadia is my favourite game of all time!! There's a Kotaku writer who's doing a commentary playthrough of it currently (don't watch if you've never played the game) who is doing a great job of expressing for me exactly why I love that game.

- Khell

Yeah, I've never played it. Never owned a Dreamcast but I'm not sure why I never got it on Game Cube. Possibly I just wasn't into JRPGs at the time. It's one I'll definitely play. I never had a PS1 either, but it wouldn't have made any difference as Chrono Cross was never released in the UK, I don't think.

#3427 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 April 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Grandia is a cool franchise of rpg as well that has disappeared since G3 on PS2.

There's a remaster of Grandia 1 & 2 coming on Switch at some point this year, I believe. Failing that, I might get the first game on Vita.

#3428 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:49 AM

messing around with my GOG library, I've downloaded a bunch of my games, since the monthly cap was about to reset and I dodn't want bandwidth to go to waste.

TO that effect I'm now playing "Dust-Elysian Tail", a side-scrolling platformer /action game. It's like playing a Saturday morning cartoon, more or less. pretty shinies and because I chose "Tough" difficulty, some ok combat.

#3429 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:59 AM

okay, played Sekiro for 4 hours. After messing up quite a lot, restarted; got my first Bead and combat upgrade. ready-ish to explore some more.

#3430 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

There's a new Total Warhammer 2 dlc coming out in a few days, which will bring major changes and improvements to the Lizardmen and the Skaven, in addition to three new Lords, and some substantial improvements to the Old World factions, especially Bretonnia. I am excited, I love that game.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 12 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3431 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:49 PM

Skies of Arcadia is my favourite game of all time!! There's a Kotaku writer who's doing a commentary playthrough of it currently (don't watch if you've never played the game) who is doing a great job of expressing for me exactly why I love that game.

- Khell

View PostBriar King, on 09 April 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Skies of Arcadia is the best rpg I've ever played. It's a legit crime it will never have a sequel. I bring out my Dreamcast every so often to fire it up.

Chrono Cross is the only one I played though I own both. It was a very fun and at the time packed game.

View PostSerenity, on 09 April 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

- Khell

Yeah, I've never played it. Never owned a Dreamcast but I'm not sure why I never got it on Game Cube. Possibly I just wasn't into JRPGs at the time. It's one I'll definitely play. I never had a PS1 either, but it wouldn't have made any difference as Chrono Cross was never released in the UK, I don't think.

I recently framed a Skies of Arcadia poster. It's my favourite game of all time. Huge, huge influence on my novel which is partially a love letter to that game.

Talk to me about it any time. I know it like the back of my hand.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3432 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:07 PM

Posted Image

#3433 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:55 PM

Put in about 3 hours into My time at Portia. This game is Stardew Valley on steroids.

It's huge and overwhelming compared to Stardew because of the 3D aspect. There's buildings and stores and people everywhere. Quests are popping up constantly and there's all kinds of weird crap to collect. I definitely need to get back into the mindset of taking one day at a time and not worrying about doing everything at once.

Time will tell if Portia is able to replicate the charm of Stardew but so far I am very happy with it.

#3434 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:30 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 16 April 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

- Khell

View PostBriar King, on 09 April 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Skies of Arcadia is the best rpg I've ever played. It's a legit crime it will never have a sequel. I bring out my Dreamcast every so often to fire it up.

Chrono Cross is the only one I played though I own both. It was a very fun and at the time packed game.

View PostSerenity, on 09 April 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

- Khell

I recently framed a Skies of Arcadia poster. It's my favourite game of all time. Huge, huge influence on my novel which is partially a love letter to that game.

Will do! I'm very nearly at the end of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC. I thought I was at the end: beat the final boss, which was a brilliant set piece, but there's a rather long epilogue which leads into the second game. I probably won't dive straight into the next one so might have a look at Skies of Arcadia first, although I believe Trails in the Sky FC ends on a cliffhanger so that may change my mind.

I'm still really enjoying Cosmic Star Heroine and Suikoden, too.

#3435 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

Jesus that pic is big, didn't appear nearly so large when I uploaded on mobile, sorry!

#3436 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

Just finished Trails in the Sky FC. Holy crap, that ending! Was not expecting that at all.

#3437 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:31 AM

Put another handful of hours into My time at Portia.

It's pretty damn good, which is a given, since it's 90% Stardew Valley 3D. I've built all the machines (I thought) I need for crafting and now I'm starting to realize how deep the crafting catalogue goes. There's upgrades for all my equipment that greatly expands my options even at just the next level.

But it all takes time. So much time. This game is a time vampire. The "one more turn" effect is in full force with Portia.

#3438 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:14 AM

^^ That's why I didn't stay with Stardew Valley for very long.

Played some more Suikoden and Cosmic Star Heroine yesterday. Also gave Final Fantasy X a spin on Switch.

#3439 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:36 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 16 April 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Out of interest, which version did you play?

#3440 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:20 AM

View PostBriar King, on 22 April 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Realized I've never actually played Grandia. Found my copy in closet. REALLY considering remedying this soon esp if it takes to long to get to Switch which is hopefully an upgrade though the graphics on back cover don't look bad even now.

I was thinking of getting it on Vita before they do something stupid, like remove it from the PS Store, as seems to have happened with a few games I might have been interested in.

Currently making progress with Suikoden, P4G, FFX and Cosmic Star Heroine. They're all fab on handheld.

Plus I also somehow managed to properly start Trails in the Sky SC and Skies of Arcadia Legends. Long weekend and all that.

Share this topic:

• 238 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users