• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#4281 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:09 AM

Finished The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter on Friday. Fabulous, a worthy ending to the story. I'll miss Estelle, even though I know she and Joshua turn up in the other games. Possibly my favourite female character in a game ever.

Now started on Trails in the Sky The 3rd, which is a separate story in the same world with different lead characters.

#4282 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:19 PM

Well shit I go to turn on Ghost of Tsushima just now for 4 pm session and I get hit with a PS update so I gotta wait on that..

Shame on you fellow gamers for not letting fellow motherfuckers know one was hitting so we could get it out the way earlier lol
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#4283 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:52 AM

Started chopping my way thru Hellpoint.

Mostly basic zombies, since whenever I encounter a more elite enemy< i tend to get one-shotted.

I killed the 1st boss though, and now I have access to a "hub" where I can craft stuff and catch my breath. My next objective appears to be the same level that was featured in the demo. This should be interesting.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4284 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:43 PM

Took me more then a min but I finally got my ass in gear and finished Act 1 of Ghost of Tsushima and it was balling!

On Cold Steel 2 front I havenít done jack shit story wise since Tsushima came out but I have gotten on to do a battle every day so I can get my obsessive list on.

#4285 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:55 PM

Dammit bought Links Awakening for my sons birthday and now I'm wrapped up in it, and so is he.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#4286 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:49 PM

13 hours into Hellpoint, I've hit a typical Soulslike brick wall- The Master of Puppets, aka the boss of Port Issoudun, the same area I explored in the demo. Mind, when I killed him in the demo I was level 109 (according to my save); I started exploring the area as a level 20-something, with VERY starter gear, so I'm probably still severely under-levelled for this, haha. But I'm feeling stubborn, and I already got him to a third of his HP once, so might as well keep sequence breaking, lol

The jank is real, and the camera sucks when you get trapped against walls- same as any 3rd person action game, really. What drives me nuts is the lock-on, though- when facing a group of enemies, the game tends to pick the ones farthest away, and stick to those, even though there's 3 enemies right in my face, doing immediate damage. That gets exhausting quickly.

Nevertheless, exploring is fun, and in general combat's all right. Enemy designs are pretty fantastic, and I'm settling into a farming routine, hoovering up axions and watching those numbers grow.

Edit: after some more grinding, I levelled up enuff HP to make surviving a possibility. I abnormally learned the boss' patterns. Suffice to say, I killed him, gaining access to one of the late game areas... while still rocking basically starter gear (though I did upgrade my armor earlier).

Now that I've ventured into more early-game areas, my Lvl 70-something char suddenly feels a bit OP.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 04 August 2020 - 12:46 PM

#4287 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:44 PM

Played a couple rounds of Fall Guys. It's free with PS+.

It's okay. It's fun and colorful and low risk. I'm just not sure that there's anything to keep you playing after 20 minutes. There's no real progression other than the cosmetics. I'm not competitive enough to desperately want to get 1st place.

Might be more addictive as a co-op game.

#4288 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:49 PM

Killed a second space demon god thingy.

This one was into fireballs, so my Enthropic Railgun (that basically freezes stuff) allowed me to kill him in about 5 tries. He had a fuckton of HP, though.

Now all of a sudden enemies from later on in the game are replacing the fire demons... But I already killed their master! Lol.

I sitting at 95% of data located; and I still have at least 2 full zones to explore!

#4289 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:26 AM

8 hours into Aloy's robo-hunting adventure. Just got promoted to Seeker and sent out to explore the big wide world.

PC port is certainly unpolished, but my rig's got enough juice to brute force a good 1080p picture. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow, the story seems cool.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 10 August 2020 - 04:16 PM

#4290 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:48 AM

I've been playing some Paper Mario Origami King.

I've never played any of the Paper Mario games so I don't know what to expect but so far it's very cute, low stakes and kinda funny in a children's game kind of way.

#4291 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:34 PM

Played an hour or two of Days Gone yesterday. It's the open world zombie fighting biker dude game from Bend.

It's actually not half bad so far, pretty solid introduction sequence introducing the world, the mechanics and the characters.

It sure is bro'ish though. It's not great when you just look at your character and his biker friend and want nothing to do with them.

I'm sure the game is going to do the whole "Sons of Anarchy", bikers are misunderstood, it's about brotherhood, bla, bla. thing, but maaan do these guys look like assholes.

#4292 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 15 August 2020 - 02:51 PM

Just played 30-60 minutes of the Avengers game.

I'm sold. The controls can be a bit confusing or clunky and the writing is not great but it's a great super hero experience. You feel powerful playing it and there's lots of crazy cinematic sequences that look excellent.

Unless the reviews uncover some garbage flaw hidden in the end game, I'm there day one.

Now if only the cosmetics could also change the terrible character faces.

#4293 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 17 August 2020 - 01:37 PM

Played another 6-8 hours of Days Gone.

I run hot and cold on this game. At times I enjoy travelling around the forest on a bike, avoiding or ambusing zombies and crazy people. I doubt I've unlocked half of the map yet. And when you occassionally run into the games main selling point, massive hordes of zombies, you get a real oh fuck, oh fuck, shit, fuck, I'm going to die-feeling. I accidentally got into a wolf fight in front of a horde cave, where they sleep like Forkrul Assail, and suddenly I was in a mosh pit of zombies. When I unlock my fire bombs and Machine Guns, I'm going to come back and fuck those zombies up good. The character is also interesting, I can't quite tell if I hate him or love him, but the voice work is interesting if nothing else.

At other times it just doesn't seem very well designed. It's very similar to The Last of Us 1/2 and it's hard not to make comparisons to 2, despite 2 coming out a year later. You rummage around, collecting ressources and crafting weapons, bombs, bandages, etc. but the looting isn't as satisfying and most of the time it's pointless because you have everything already. You stealth around or try to flank the enemies but it's just not as elegant or satisfying because the starting weapons suck. Actually the stabby stabby knife going into flesh sound is pretty good but still. Generally the gameplay loop just isn't as fun as you'd want it to be, I've played at least 8 hours and I still haven't unlocked any good weapons because it takes for every to grind trust with the right settlement. Getting XP and upgrading your dude also takes a long time. In a way I like that. It means you feel like you've earned that next upgrade but it doesn't give you that constant dopamine injecting that Ghost of Tsushima delivers.

All in all, it feels like a budget Open World game, compared to Sony's other projects the past couple years. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they have that Open World itch.

#4294 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:55 PM

Putting Ghost of Tsushima on the back burner most of this past 2 weeks to press onward with the much simpler and epic Cold Steel 2.

*shrugs

Itís good stuff.

#4295 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:20 AM

I'm nearing the end of Days Gone.

The story is,... not terrible but not great either. It's mainly hurt by very uneven writing and voice work and a plot that seems weirdly low key.

I have reached a high level and gotten some powerful and accurate weapons so now I'm starting to eye the Hordes that roam the game. I took out my first horde yesterday, it wasn't that big a horde but I did it, mostly through sneaking and dirty hit and run tactics. But when I stood my ground and opened fire into the mass of charging zombies, I was actually doing some legitimate damaged. It's cool mowing down rows of freaks and seeing the piles build up.

Once I get a hold of the Napalm Bomb recipe and I unlock the biggest LMG, I'm going to war with the Sawmill Horde. That one is scary.

#4296 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:52 AM

Playing Deus Ex again. Heard there's a patch or pack of some sort for it that makes it bearable because holy fuck it can't run well on a modern machine.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4297 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:17 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 02 September 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

Playing Deus Ex again. Heard there's a patch or pack of some sort for it that makes it bearable because holy fuck it can't run well on a modern machine.

? Really?

I mean, there's like a million mods for it, but last I checked, it just worked.

I may need to re-install it now.

New Vision and Give Me Deus Ex are 2 most common tweak mods.

#4298 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:20 AM

I finished Trails in the Sky the 3rd last night - well, early this morning, actually. Loved it. It was a separate story to the first two games, and essentially a long farewell to the characters, but it had some of the best boss battles in the trilogy. The final boss was a total bastard. Even when I'd figured out what I needed to do, it turned out only one of my party had regular access to the art that would prevent a party wipe at regular intervals.

I haven't quite decided which sequence to follow now - it's either the next game that was actually released (Trails from Zero), or Cold Steel 1. I'll probably go with the latter as Geofront are currently working on the translation for Trails to Azure, the immediate sequel to Zero, so I've no idea when they'll actually finish it.

#4299 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:10 AM

I keep seeing various people mentioning these Cold Steel/Trails games.

Are they actually good RPGs or is it a weeaboo thing?

#4300 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:45 PM

View PostAptorian, on 04 September 2020 - 10:10 AM, said:

I keep seeing various people mentioning these Cold Steel/Trails games.

Are they actually good RPGs or is it a weeaboo thing?

They're fantastic. If you don't mind a slow burn at the start, a fuck ton of reading, and turn-based combat, they have in-depth world-building, rich lore and great characters. Suggest watching these videos to get a feel for them:

Share this topic:

• 217 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users