Malazan Empire: The game I'm playing is... - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 224 Pages +
  • « First
  • 214
  • 215
  • 216
  • 217
  • 218
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#4301 User is offline   Briar King 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 21,720
  • Joined: 27-March 08
  • Location:Lake Charles, Louisiana
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:10 PM

I知 going bat shit insane not being able to play my PS4. I need my Cold Steel 2 fix so bad about now...
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse
0

#4302 User is offline   Briar King 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 21,720
  • Joined: 27-March 08
  • Location:Lake Charles, Louisiana
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:08 AM

Woot got my Switch up and running on a generator and the dock is fine even after sitting in water so long! Tomorrow I知 gonna hook up my PS4 to it unless my dr calls my shit out instead of making me go in so I can get back to Houston and AC a day early. Pulled my daughters tv off wall and set this pad up in my den. House is pitch black but for the tv playing FF12. Kinda eerie if I知 being honest.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse
0

#4303 User is online   Aptorian 

  • How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 23,698
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:47 AM

I finished Days Gone yesterday. A thoroughly mediocre video game experience. Fun enough if you just want to ride around a post apocalyptic rural area killing stuff but not much else.
0

#4304 User is offline   Serenity 

  • Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1,546
  • Joined: 23-June 09
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:05 PM

I decided to go with Cold Steel 1, then had to decide between PC or PS4. I already had it on PS4 so have gone with that, which has the advantage of remote play on my Vita.
0

#4305 User is offline   Briar King 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 21,720
  • Joined: 27-March 08
  • Location:Lake Charles, Louisiana
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

Oh yeah buddy guess what I知 playing... had me some Tsushima on for all of 2 minutes.. my Cold Steel 2 fix needed to come so here fucking goes! COLD STEEL 2!
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse
1

#4306 User is offline   Mentalist 

  • Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 8,481
  • Joined: 06-June 07
  • Location:'sauga/GTA, City of the Lion
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:42 PM

130 hours into HZD, now that I'm actually getting into the story (having hit level cap already, because that game is essentially designed to be broken), and I'm contemplating replaying Witcher 3 now.

Probably gonna wait for "next gen patch", though.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.
0

#4307 User is offline   Serenity 

  • Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1,546
  • Joined: 23-June 09
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:43 AM

I've switched to playing Cold Steel on PC. I thought I'd give it a try and refund it on Steam if I preferred it on PS4, but I love playing these games on PC for the QoL features, non-existent load times, plus I don't have a big screen tv so sitting at the pc monitor actually feels bigger, crisper and more involving. I'd only got a few hours in on PS4, so it's not a problem. Must seek out the HD textures mod, too.
0

#4308 User is online   Aptorian 

  • How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 23,698
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:49 PM

Played a bit more Paper Mario: Origami King.

That game is very comforting in it's low stakes gameplay and humor.

Also just started Persona 5 Royal.

This game has a ton of style. Not sure about the actual game yet. So far it's mainly been introduction and weird life sim stuff. It's like a more interactive visual novel.
0

#4309 User is offline   Malankazooie 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 5,149
  • Joined: 21-June 16

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:49 PM

Going to jump into Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck sometime this weekend. If I make it out on the other side and I only post - "I'm the conductor of the poop train!"- you know why.
0

#4310 User is offline   Briar King 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 21,720
  • Joined: 27-March 08
  • Location:Lake Charles, Louisiana
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 12 September 2020 - 06:47 PM

Had a massive session on Cold Steel 2 last night. Omfg it felt great after so long without. Good thing I had them bring that tv over with them.

Can稚 wait to get back after haircuts and get right back in.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse
0

#4311 User is online   Aptorian 

  • How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 23,698
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 12 September 2020 - 06:53 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 September 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

Going to jump into Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck sometime this weekend. If I make it out on the other side and I only post - "I'm the conductor of the poop train!"- you know why.


Those Psyco Krieg trailers do look fun but I'm so disappointed in BL3 that I can't really see me bothering with more of it.

I've played around 7 hours of Persona 5 Royal now. I'm in the process of breaking in to the first palace and stealing their brain treasure.

I can't really tell how much I'm really enjoying this game. It's very linear and very hand holdy, mainly because it continues to introduce more and more mechanics and facets to the game world. I hope when I finish this first palace that I get some down time where I can focus on earning money and grinding skill xp by doing tasks.

I like the relative low stakes, teenage plot of the game. We're not out to save the world in this game. We're just trying to mind fuck an abusive teacher. I'm sure a bigger plot will unfold after we finish our first heist but right now I like the concept.

I'd say the game is very easy but I just got steamrolled by a red color guard and lost 20-30 minutes of progress, so there is that.
0

#4312 User is offline   Mentalist 

  • Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 8,481
  • Joined: 06-June 07
  • Location:'sauga/GTA, City of the Lion
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:56 AM

Wrapped up Horizon Zero Dawn.

Need a break from open world blockbusters. Gonna switch it up. Think I'll give Hollow Knight another try.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.
0

#4313 User is offline   Serenity 

  • Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1,546
  • Joined: 23-June 09
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:21 AM

View PostAptorian, on 12 September 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 September 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

Going to jump into Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck sometime this weekend. If I make it out on the other side and I only post - "I'm the conductor of the poop train!"- you know why.


Those Psyco Krieg trailers do look fun but I'm so disappointed in BL3 that I can't really see me bothering with more of it.

I've played around 7 hours of Persona 5 Royal now. I'm in the process of breaking in to the first palace and stealing their brain treasure.

I can't really tell how much I'm really enjoying this game. It's very linear and very hand holdy, mainly because it continues to introduce more and more mechanics and facets to the game world. I hope when I finish this first palace that I get some down time where I can focus on earning money and grinding skill xp by doing tasks.

I like the relative low stakes, teenage plot of the game. We're not out to save the world in this game. We're just trying to mind fuck an abusive teacher. I'm sure a bigger plot will unfold after we finish our first heist but right now I like the concept.

I'd say the game is very easy but I just got steamrolled by a red color guard and lost 20-30 minutes of progress, so there is that.


It takes a good few hours before it really lets you off the leash - I can't remember exactly when it happens, but you will be allowed to manage your time how you want to, apart from on specific dates/story beats, and you'll be able to grind to your heart's content.


I'm into the second chapter of Cold Steel. At first I didn't think I was going to like it as much as the Trails in the Sky games, but the addiction has well and truly kicked in now. I'm not sure the characters are as brilliant as Estelle, Joshua etc, but they're really starting to grow on me. They seem to have dumbed down the quartz mechanics. In Sky, each quartz had a value (5 x water, 8 x fire etc etc) and you had to juggle combinations of them on your battle orbment (the device that gives character access to 'arts' - magic to all intents and purposes) to get the right values to access the arts you wanted. In Cold Steel you have named quartz that automatically give you particular arts. Not sure how I feel about that at the moment. It's easier, but it also takes away some of the satisfaction of getting that combination you'd been working towards for a while. On the other hand, it'll limit the amount of arts any one character can use, which should make for some interesting decisions, and I assume more and more powerful quartz will appear as it progresses. I like that each character's master quartz levels up with use.
1

#4314 User is offline   Briar King 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 21,720
  • Joined: 27-March 08
  • Location:Lake Charles, Louisiana
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:55 PM

No exp with the Sky games but I dug the quartz lvl ups. Some of them really help you become a little beast esp the magic focus ones. Phew! You will get some quartz that have multiple spells so it which really helps with the 8 slot maximum.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse
0

#4315 User is online   Aptorian 

  • How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 23,698
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:21 PM

View PostSerenity, on 14 September 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 12 September 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 September 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

Going to jump into Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck sometime this weekend. If I make it out on the other side and I only post - "I'm the conductor of the poop train!"- you know why.


Those Psyco Krieg trailers do look fun but I'm so disappointed in BL3 that I can't really see me bothering with more of it.

I've played around 7 hours of Persona 5 Royal now. I'm in the process of breaking in to the first palace and stealing their brain treasure.

I can't really tell how much I'm really enjoying this game. It's very linear and very hand holdy, mainly because it continues to introduce more and more mechanics and facets to the game world. I hope when I finish this first palace that I get some down time where I can focus on earning money and grinding skill xp by doing tasks.

I like the relative low stakes, teenage plot of the game. We're not out to save the world in this game. We're just trying to mind fuck an abusive teacher. I'm sure a bigger plot will unfold after we finish our first heist but right now I like the concept.

I'd say the game is very easy but I just got steamrolled by a red color guard and lost 20-30 minutes of progress, so there is that.


It takes a good few hours before it really lets you off the leash - I can't remember exactly when it happens, but you will be allowed to manage your time how you want to, apart from on specific dates/story beats, and you'll be able to grind to your heart's content.


Halfway through the month the team sort of figure out what they have to do and then I was free to decide if I wanted to do teenage life stuff to build skills or just focus on beating the Palace.

I stole the first treasure yesterday and now I've got five days or so to wait for the resolution.

I'm really enjoying the design of every activity giving you some kind of reward or progress.
0

#4316 User is offline   Cause 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 5,316
  • Joined: 25-December 03
  • Location:NYC

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:51 AM

Playing Luigi mansion 3 and crash n sane trilogy. Fees good to be gaming again.
0

#4317 User is online   Aptorian 

  • How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 23,698
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:20 AM

I tried out Crash Bandicoot 1 and I bounced right off the first few levels. Don't know if I'm just getting old or the games design was always bullshit hard but I had a ton of problems dealing with the platforming and timing.
0

#4318 User is offline   Briar King 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 21,720
  • Joined: 27-March 08
  • Location:Lake Charles, Louisiana
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:24 AM

Need to get back in to Ghost of Tsushima now that I have cooled some of my burn due to the forced absence I had to suffer through.

Fucking Cold Steel (2) is just such an addicting franchise and way more up my alley in the long run though.

I just got burnt out rescuing the same 5 people every 200 ft after awhile. I will finish it for sure at some point though. Amazing game for sure just so much to do.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse
0

#4319 User is offline   Serenity 

  • Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 1,546
  • Joined: 23-June 09
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:09 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 September 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

No exp with the Sky games but I dug the quartz lvl ups. Some of them really help you become a little beast esp the magic focus ones. Phew! You will get some quartz that have multiple spells so it which really helps with the 8 slot maximum.


I got one of the multi-art quartz during the first field study, which was great. I love the way the Trails games actively encourage you to use the big spells and skills. All the games in this series (that I've played so far) are a slow burn at the start, but I'm on the second field study now (with Jusis and Machias scraping sparks off each other!), the main story hasn't even started yet, and I'm already head over heels in love with it Posted Image
0

#4320 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,463
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Lether, apparently...
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:56 AM

View PostMentalist, on 02 September 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 02 September 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

Playing Deus Ex again. Heard there's a patch or pack of some sort for it that makes it bearable because holy fuck it can't run well on a modern machine.


? Really?

I mean, there's like a million mods for it, but last I checked, it just worked.

I may need to re-install it now.

New Vision and Give Me Deus Ex are 2 most common tweak mods.


I found out the issue is a problem with OpenGL - basically the game runs so fast that it shits itself, so there's a replacement openGL file you can add to it that caps the framerate and from there it plays absolutely fine.

I also went back to Stellaris but am dropping that fully. That new patch kind of made it a drudge and I'm not having any fun with it any more.



Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

Share this topic:


  • 224 Pages +
  • « First
  • 214
  • 215
  • 216
  • 217
  • 218
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users