• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#3741 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:12 AM

Yeah if you eat fruit it breaks the rocks. They respawn elsewhere the next day. Handy if they're in an inconvenient place.

Hit them with the shovel or stone axe for minerals.

Found a tarantula last night - it charged at me (they bite!) but managed to catch it. Also got some fencing now so made a garden area. It's making my daughters house next door look like one of those houses with trash all over their lawn as she leaves stuff lying everywhere.

Maybe I'll put a sign up...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3742 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:16 AM

View PostTraveller, on 26 March 2020 - 07:12 AM, said:

Yeah if you eat fruit it breaks the rocks. They respawn elsewhere the next day. Handy if they're in an inconvenient place.

Found a tarantula last night - it charged at me (they bite!) but managed to catch it. Also got some fencing now so made a garden area. It's making my daughters house next door look like one of those houses with trash all over their lawn as she leaves stuff lying everywhere.

What’s the multiplayer like? We were thinking of getting it but I read there’s all sorts of restrictions unless you’re the first player on the island.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3743 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:21 AM

View PostMentalist, on 25 March 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 25 March 2020 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 25 March 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 24 March 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

Just finished the 6th Slayer Gate in DOOM. The Unmaker is mine!

I'm making my Merry way through the Alpha Labs in Doom 3.

It tries to be much more of a horror game, with constant jump scares and scarce health.

And System Shock-style audio logs EVERYWHERE

I am that one guy who legit enjoyed Doom 3

View PostAptorian, on 25 March 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

I thought Doom 3 was a fantastic game. Just not a good Doom game.

It's not bad, but it totally feels like System Shock with hellspawn. After every encounter I hit the both quicksave and reload. It's still a good, punchy shooter, and it gets frantic at points, because moving, shooting and jumping is as good as any id game. But everything about the game design seems to constrain you doing that wild abandon run and gun thing you're used to in Doom. It's weird.

View PostMaark Abbott, on 25 March 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 25 March 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

I don't think you'd like Eternal, Maark. It's more of the same, just harder.

Meh, one to pass on then. I haven't really been surprised or sucked in by an FPS since Bulletstorm, mind.

Have you tried the new Shadow Warrior games?

I enjoyed Shadow Warrior up to a point, namely when it decided to throw in mandatory mountainside platforming with invisible walls. It was a GWG so I dropped it around then as platforming in 3D FPS is without fail always absolutely shit.

Re Doom 3, comparisons to System Shock are never bad.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3744 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 23 March 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

Hollow Knight on the Switch is really fun! Love the music and the art. Haven't gotten far enough to make any judgements as to the story, or the skill progression. I just got a dash.

Hollow Knight's fab. It's part of my holy trinity - Hollow Knight, Dead Cells and Celeste. I'm totally crap at all of them but I still love them to bits :lol:

#3745 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:30 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 26 March 2020 - 07:16 AM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 26 March 2020 - 07:12 AM, said:

What’s the multiplayer like? We were thinking of getting it but I read there’s all sorts of restrictions unless you’re the first player on the island.

The restrictions are the island improvements - basically only the first person on gets to choose where bridges and buildings and stuff goes, apart from houses belonging to other non npc players. They can do everything else though. I like it as my kids can't ruin too much when I'm not looking. (One of them only had one decision to make and she stuck her house right next to mine, when she had a whole island to choose from!)

The restrictions I don't like are the ones that stop you being able to play on different systems. I play it on my main switch so I can put it on the tv and carry it about - but I can't play it on the switch lite. You only get one island per account, and you can't transfer saves.

There's a shared screen for local play but again you can't do everything as an additional player. We've not experimented with it much though.

If everyone wants their own house and wants to do their own thing, it's fine though. You just have to take turns!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 March 2020 - 12:31 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#3746 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:12 PM

My S.O. and I got Animal Crossing as well. Playing local co-op isn't very good. The ONLY thing the non-leader can do is catch bugs and fish. They can't use other tools or anything else. Anything they pick up goes to a 'recycle box' that the leader can then pull stuff out of.

But if you both play at different times, that 'secondary' person is able to do almost everything the person who started the island can do. The only difference is the non-island-starter can't help with primary quests, like turning in bugs/fish to open the museum or turning in supplies for the shop, which means they can't progress the story at all, and some of that stuff is very important since it opens up things like the shovel or vaulting pole.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3747 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:17 PM

It's shocking how backwards Nintendo is with anything online connected.

Meanwhile I love Blathers the Owl. His little emotes when explaining things is adorable. Especially when he's shown an insect.

#3748 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:44 PM

It's worth staying out late to catch different fish and bugs. Also, leaving fruit on the ground, or leaving a tree stump will attract different wildlife.

I've just been sending items like ladders and poles in the post so we've all got them. There's got to be a legit way of getting them as an additional player though?

I'm looking forward to buying some turnips. You can make quite a bit of cash on the Stalk Market, but you have to buy them on Sunday.

#3749 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:49 AM

Made it to the Delta Labs.

They've got mutant soldiers with chainguns there! Daymn. At least I'll have plenty of chaingun ammo for the bosses now.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3750 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:12 AM

View PostTraveller, on 26 March 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

It's worth staying out late to catch different fish and bugs. Also, leaving fruit on the ground, or leaving a tree stump will attract different wildlife.

I've just been sending items like ladders and poles in the post so we've all got them. There's got to be a legit way of getting them as an additional player though?

I'm looking forward to buying some turnips. You can make quite a bit of cash on the Stalk Market, but you have to buy them on Sunday.

Bought around 60,000 bells worth of Turnips today for 103 a piece. Interested to see if it turns a profit. According to the internet the price usually lies around 50-150 but can go as high as 800. I think the first time around I'll keep keep an eye out for a price around 300. A 300% return on my investment would be nice.

#3751 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:27 AM

Same price here, haven't bought any just yet although she only sticks around until lunchtime.

Can't believe I never realised why Sow Joan's name was familiar! Only dawned on me this morning after playing AC since 2002, what an idiot.

If you buy turnips, check every morning and afternoon through the week. You'll sometimes get a random 300 bells price around Thursday. If you hold out too long it's best to break even than lose the lot at the weekend.

Lots going on here this morning. My house is bigger, and there's a construction tent around housing services. Also Mabel has given me a tent to put out for the tailors - not sure where that's going yet.

Caught a Coelacanth in the rain last night, made me jump it was so big! Not as long as the oarfish I got the day before, but still a surprise.

I really want bamboo to build with and grow, but all the islands I visit just have regular trees.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 March 2020 - 08:29 AM

#3752 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:30 AM

Persona 5 Royal arrived a few days early. I couldn't resist. I started the original game twice, got about 40 hours in and then drifted away. Not the game's fault, just my attention span. Somehow they've managed to make it even slicker and more stylish than it was before. Maybe I'll finish it this time :lol:

#3753 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:03 AM

I'm very tempted to try Persona 5 Royal but I doubt I'll be able to get half way through it before Final Fantasy 7 comes out.

#3754 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:35 PM

Just beat Doom Eternal.

Excellent game. Not a brilliant story but interesting to get the Doom Slayer background story. Could have been much more over the top in my opinion. Gameplay was great like the last one, something about the fast and aggressive playstyle works really well for me.

No intention of touching the multiplayer.

#3755 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:27 AM

Made it to Delta 3.

17 levels down, 10 to go. Those infested marines are really pissing me off, though.

#3756 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:48 PM

Started playing The Division 2. I bought it a year ago but I couldn't get into it despite really enjoying the first game. I remember the game being balanced for co-op making solo play in the streets too frustrating.

This time around it seems more forgiving but I'm also in the beginning zone right now.

#3757 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:08 PM

Played the opening salvo of Titanfall 2. The challenge isn't really there, and I have the difficulty set to the second hardest. I might try the hardest. Or it could be it is just the opening and it will ramp up the difficulty. The wall running > jumping has caught me a few times. So far the story is fun but sort of run of the mill. It seems pretty standard fare, but I just started, so hopefully it will throw in some curve balls, but, from what I understand, the Titanfall games are weighted to more of a pvp experience versus a robust stand alone campaign. I get a lot of COD vibes from Titanfall 2 in that respect.

#3758 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:11 PM

Titan Fall 2s campaign is excellent. Just wait. There's two levels in the game that really stand out.

#3759 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:11 AM

View PostBriar King, on 30 March 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

My goodness Xenoblade 2 is just ramping up so spectacularly! Not in the same league as 1 was but it’s trying and succeeding to catch up. This game is really hurt by the field skills/Merc missions. Without that annoyance I would have finished this game months ago and given it a much higher overall score in the end I bet.

On Ch 9 with 191 hrs played total over this year and almost 2 months. Certainly got my $’s worth out of it. Still need to get the Torna expansion. Also I should go ahead and go get a used Wii U at the game store asap before shit really locks down over the corona so I can play Xenoblade X disc I bought. I heard it’s really good and massive. I ll buy the console just for it for sure.

After I do my luck is that Switch will succeed in porting it over though.

There's a xenoblade remake of some game that's coming to the Switch same day as TLOU 2 releases. Not sure what game it is, you might wanna look into that.

#3760 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:40 AM

Welp, this second boss is kicking my ass.

The problem is, I have no clue if I'm doing damage or not. The window for his weak spot is so short, I'm never sure if I'm actually hitting him or not.

Wish id put a health bar for this boss fight.

Whilst I'm waiting to see if anyone comes up with any useful tips on how to gauge my demon-killing progress, I fired up "Edge of Twilight: Return to glory" on Steam. It's a 3D indie hack'n'slasher with some interesting puzzly bits based on shifting forms, set in a very hardcore steampunk universe. The gameplay is very dated (there's no mouselook. In a 3rd person action game, I cannot rotate the camera!), giving it an even more old-school feel. Also, I'm stuck using WASD, because the game is not recognizing AutoHotKey, which really sucks.

I'd be hard-pressed to recommend the game, especially since apparently in order to get the second half of the story you need to buy the DLC. And yet it's certainly not without its charm. Should you find it on sale, it's worth looking at, just for that starter city. It's got some cool vistas.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 01 April 2020 - 04:36 AM

Share this topic:

• 238 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users