Malazan Empire: Awesome / Weird / Funny Arse pics v 2.0 (NSFW) - Malazan Empire

• 180 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Awesome / Weird / Funny Arse pics v 2.0 (NSFW) NO POSTS WITHOUT PICS!!! (well SOMEONE had to start it)

#3561 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 March 2023 - 01:58 PM

Dolmen 2.0, on 20 March 2023 - 08:30 AM, said:

Here's a link for further reading on the Glaze Software: https://glaze.cs.uchicago.edu

And here's an example of work currently under it's protection:
Posted Image

I've attempted the software, its fairly simple to use but a lot bigger than I expected.

Windows seemed unhappy to run the application. Glaze is a 0.02 version, It's early release and free, the map for updates looks decent.

Apparently Glaze didn't actually work for this image:

1. K.Ortiz tried to use the new "Glaze" thing to protect her jpeg from AIs
2. I guess the "glazing" didn't work, and AIs were still able to process it
3. But against all odds, the original work has more Zendaya face that any of AI generated stuff, and usually, it's the opposite

Link including images: rtyom Tucović on Twitter: "1. K.Ortiz tried to use the new "Glaze" thing to protect her jpeg from AIs 2. I guess the "glazing" didn't work, and AIs were still able to process it 3. But against all odds, the original work has more Zendaya face that any of AI generated stuff, and usually, it's the opposite https://t.co/IGDyawXhqn" / Twitter

#3562 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:05 PM

Azath Vitr (D, on 20 March 2023 - 01:15 PM, said:

Here's a link for further reading on the Glaze Software: https://glaze.cs.uchicago.edu

Posted Image

I've attempted the software, its fairly simple to use but a lot bigger than I expected.

Windows seemed unhappy to run the application. Glaze is a 0.02 version, It's early release and free, the map for updates looks decent.

How is the artistic style of that image even remotely original? It's extremely derivative, and Midjourney should have no trouble reproducing this general style and pose from the many, many other visually similar images in the training data. The only slightly unusual aspect is the combination of ancient Greek dress + laurel with an Indigenous or East Asian person---a substitution which, again, generative AI can easily accomplish. (Though if it only had to rely on public domain images I'm not sure if there would be enough public domain images of paintings of Indigenous or East Asian people in this style....) Obviously the idea of substituting racially diverse characters into canonical 'Western' historical or fantasy scenarios has become commonplace.

I think you're operating under the assumption I shared this as an example of originality or authenticity? If so, that wasn't what I was doing. I shared this oil painting by Ortiz because it was an example of the Glaze software which, by her account can no longer be utilised by todays midjourney systems.

That said I agree, midjourney could make an image of this sort from the data set of work that it pulls from, but could it replicate this image exactly? Since glaze has been implemented here, the chances of an exact copy are significantly less, which makes the work significantly more meaningful.

It's the story behind a painting like this that makes it valuable. The ability to post this without the worry it would be easily copied by AI is important to any digital artist trying to use media to market their art.

Securing art like this is the path artists of the future will likely take in response to AI. Hopefully Chicago U will develop Glaze further for ease of use. This won't take away from AI which has alot of existing art to pull from already but it will reduce chance of replication.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#3563 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:29 PM

Dolmen 2.0, on 20 March 2023 - 03:05 PM, said:

Azath Vitr (D, on 20 March 2023 - 01:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

How is the artistic style of that image even remotely original? It's extremely derivative, and Midjourney should have no trouble reproducing this general style and pose from the many, many other visually similar images in the training data. The only slightly unusual aspect is the combination of ancient Greek dress + laurel with an Indigenous or East Asian person---a substitution which, again, generative AI can easily accomplish. (Though if it only had to rely on public domain images I'm not sure if there would be enough public domain images of paintings of Indigenous or East Asian people in this style....) Obviously the idea of substituting racially diverse characters into canonical 'Western' historical or fantasy scenarios has become commonplace.

I think you're operating under the assumption I shared this as an example of originality or authenticity? If so, that wasn't what I was doing. I shared this oil painting by Ortiz because it was an example of the Glaze software which, by her account can no longer be utilised by todays midjourney systems.

That said I agree, midjourney could make an image of this sort from the data set of work that it pulls from, but could it replicate this image exactly? Since glaze has been implemented here, the chances of an exact copy are significantly less, which makes the work significantly more meaningful.

It's the story behind a painting like this that makes it valuable. The ability to post this without the worry it would be easily copied by AI is important to any digital artist trying to use media to market their art.

Securing art like this is the path artists of the future will likely take in response to AI. Hopefully Chicago U will develop Glaze further for ease of use. This won't take away from AI which has alot of existing art to pull from already but it will reduce chance of replication.

Diffusion models do not produce exact copies. As I explained at length (with references) in the other thread, in the vast majority of cases they don't produce anything resembling a rough copy, with the exceptions almost always being cases where an image occurs a very large number of times in the training set and the set of words associated with it otherwise occurs relatively rarely. Those cases are already covered by copyright law.

What they do 'copy' is artistic style. But complaining about AI 'stealing' her artistic style when her style (and, in this painting and others I've seen, the poses and ideas she uses) seems completely derivative is ridiculous.

@pencilforge

Why does her original art already look ai generated

Artyom Tucović
@vor_bokor

That's why she's so scared!

[...] it's Karla who "muddies the waters" by [...] hiring Washington lobbyists with crowdfunding instead of campaigning against Marvel or any other of her corpo bedfellows secretly forming entire AI departments right now

https://twitter.com/...502147632807947

Part of the appeal of this painting certainly comes from her being of Indigenous ancestry---or at least so she claims, since she looks very white: 'I'm Puerto Rican, I am a blend of Spanish, African and Native American blood'---hopefully she has evidence for that beyond simply having been born in Puerto Rico and having a Spanish name....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 20 March 2023 - 05:43 PM

#3564 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 20 March 2023 - 09:03 PM

Azath Vitr (D, on 20 March 2023 - 03:29 PM, said:

Diffusion models do not produce exact copies. As I explained at length (with references) in the other thread, in the vast majority of cases they don't produce anything resembling a rough copy, with the exceptions almost always being cases where an image occurs a very large number of times in the training set and the set of words associated with it otherwise occurs relatively rarely. Those cases are already covered by copyright law.

What they do 'copy' is artistic style. But complaining about AI 'stealing' her artistic style when her style (and, in this painting and others I've seen, the poses and ideas she uses) seems completely derivative is ridiculous.

The ability to copy something for a human being with a set of paints, a pencil and some thumbnails is not the same as copying something digitally. To copy a style and employ cliche or trope elements from the works of masters is one of the best ways to get better as an artist. Many of the great artists we see from classical times were born into the tradition of copy painting. They became masters when they surpassed their teachers ability to paint ultra realist copies and started to generate their own novel takes.

Today an artist learns to draw from surrounding media, I myself started with comic books, anime and game characters for example. Only after getting 'ok' at producing fair copies of what I liked was I able to see what I lacked and develop from there. I also looked up the responsible artist for the work I admired and adopted their practice methods. All the great artists develop styles that pull from their formative years, learning from better artists and its a big part of what makes human art interesting. Humans can offer credit to their influences and inspirations. Its this process that defines an 'artistic tradition'.

AI doesn't acknowledge the hands behind the styles it copies in the slightest sense of the word. I don't think that's reasonable and I also don't think it's comparable.

Azath Vitr (D, on 20 March 2023 - 03:29 PM, said:

@pencilforge

Why does her original art already look ai generated

Artyom Tucović
@vor_bokor

That's why she's so scared!

[...] it's Karla who "muddies the waters" by [...] hiring Washington lobbyists with crowdfunding instead of campaigning against Marvel or any other of her corpo bedfellows secretly forming entire AI departments right now

https://twitter.com/...502147632807947

Part of the appeal of this painting certainly comes from her being of Indigenous ancestry---or at least so she claims, since she looks very white: 'I'm Puerto Rican, I am a blend of Spanish, African and Native American blood'---hopefully she has evidence for that beyond simply having been born in Puerto Rico and having a Spanish name....

I don't fully understand why ethnicity is a factor? I mean I do enjoy more diversity in fantasy art but I don't think it needs to come from an artist of that ethnic group to hold value for me at the very least.

Marvels plans on developing an AI division is still at grassroots level last I looked this up? The lawsuit against AI generators was aimed at active models that pull from affected artists work. I would not understand why one would sue Marvel for plans to explore AI as opposed to Wonder or stable diffusion with active models trained on data sets that very likely include Karlas work and the many others included in the class action lawsuit.

More from Kortiz, just to keep on topic:

Posted Image
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#3565 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 April 2023 - 02:46 PM

A German artist who recently won the top prize at a prestigious photography competition has refused the award, revealing himself as a “cheeky monkey” who’d set out to hoodwink the organizers with an image generated through artificial intelligence. Boris Eldagsen’s entry, Pseudomnesia: The Electrician, a portrait depicting two women from different generations, won in the creative open category at last week’s Sony World photography awards.

Photographer Refuses Prize at Sony Awards After Revealing His Entry Is AI-Generated (thedailybeast.com)

Posted Image

341704380_191711887043367_3492456918738498464_n.jpg (1746×1304)

photography contest where the award is $5,000, camera equipment, a trip to London for the award ceremony, and publicity through a book and exhibition.

Pratik Naik

#3566 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 April 2023 - 05:47 AM

How we now know Jaghut did indeed have a sense of humour and played the waiting game in their pranks.

Attached File(s)

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3567 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:13 AM

Gothos' Phally
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3568 User is offline   RealGatekeeper1 

• Recruit

Posted 29 April 2023 - 09:28 PM

*snicker*

#3569 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 May 2023 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

Flying cat p1

Posted Image

Flying cat p2

Posted Image

Flying cat p3

Evolution.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 01 May 2023 - 03:27 PM

#3570 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 May 2023 - 04:47 PM

Posted Image

National loaf competition p1

Posted Image

National loaf competition p2

Posted Image

National loaf competition p3

Posted Image

National loaf competition p4

National (Cat) Loaf Competition

#3571 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 19 May 2023 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

Bloomsbury admits using AI-generated artwork for Sarah J Maas novel

[...] illustration of the wolf matches one created by a user on Adobe Stock called Aperture Vintage, who has marked the image as AI-generated.

[...] "Bloomsbury's in-house design team created the UK paperback cover of House of Earth and Blood, and as part of this process we incorporated an image from a photo library that we were unaware was AI when we licensed it," [...] "The final cover was fully designed by our in-house team."

Bloomsbury admits using AI-generated artwork for Sarah J Maas novel | Books | The Guardian

[AI generated image on the right]

AI defeating human artists in a fair competition yet again. So much for the arrogance of the human supremacists (the term 'homo-supremacists' has probably already been misappropriated by the far right... maybe sapiosupremacists?)....

#3572 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 May 2023 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

https://scontent-iad...kNA&oe=6477CEF1

#3573 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 June 2023 - 01:46 PM

Posted Image

'I wonder what Midjourney will look like in 5 years...' Midjourney v1, v2, v3, v4, v5

Posted Image

Joe Rogan teaches Elon how to take Ice Baths #3

AI Humor - Joe Rogan teaches Elon how to take Ice Baths

#3574 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 June 2023 - 12:20 AM

Posted Image

If we don't nuke [Chat] GPT

Posted Image

Elon Musk: Woke AI will destroy us

Posted Image

Joe Rogan: If AI can fake my voice, does that mean I can finally shut up? Nahhh.

Posted Image

Moloch, Demon of Bad Incentives: Hey don't blame me that

I listened to every podcast about AI so you don't have to. | AI Art Universe

#3575 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:39 PM

Posted Image

Darth Vader in ancient Chinese porcelain

Posted Image

Oppenbarbie

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite of all the
11,000+ images I've ever midjourneyed. All hail
our new overlord.

Midjourney - Facebook

#3576 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 August 2023 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image

https://scontent-iad...ciA&oe=64E7255F

Posted Image

https://scontent-iad...kcA&oe=64E6FCA3

Posted Image

https://scontent-iad...LLw&oe=64E75B40

Posted Image

https://scontent-iad...tKQ&oe=64E7AC7F

To everyone in SoCal stay safe from hurricane Hillary

Posted Image

Cats partying. Hard of course.

The face on that cat on the upper right... lol

#3577 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 September 2023 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

“The killing of birds is forbidden — the birds are involved in the creation of time.” -Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov

[...] The world we knew is already gone. To say we linger would be both accurate and misleading; we are residues, not remnants. To be in the Bunker is to be unanchored, a fugitive reality evading capture by meaning or memory, making my task an essentially futile one. This is not the apocalyptic moment. This has always been the state of affairs.

[...] Many years before the fateful event, we were taken through the then recently constructed Chilean National Subterranean Preserve, which I will henceforth refer to as the Bunker. It is, was, will be an underground city carved into the Andes that began as the Chilean government imagined they would be a potential target in the event of a nuclear attack.

[...] Stage the end of the world in your mind, any old apocalypse will do, and this is probably what you see. You have just created “the Bunker”, laid its first brick.

The Last Litany of Lunev. Reports from the Bunker | by J Curcio | Sep, 2023 | Modern Mythology

#3578 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 October 2023 - 12:02 PM

this is what Bing thinks about Iowa

Posted Image

Sharul Azri Sallehuddin / Cursed AI

Posted Image

Cursed AI

All I prompted for was "a comic about why the chicken crossed the road"
Gold, Jerry, gold!

Posted Image

Mateo Atom / Cursed AI

Posted Image

Cursed AI

#3579 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 October 2023 - 11:55 AM

More AI generated comics:

Posted Image

'I Have No Words for This Result' - Cursed AI

Posted Image

Cursed AI

Posted Image

Cursed AI

Oh god Bing, I asked for a joke, not a newfound sense of existential dread.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Cursed AI

Posted Image

Cursed AI

Posted Image

Cursed AI

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 18 October 2023 - 12:19 PM

#3580 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 October 2023 - 04:31 PM