• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The last book in the WoT

#41 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

If you mean Shayol Badguyhouse (Dunmalignin) or whatever it's spelt, then maybe, but if you meant Merrilor then they're already there, hell, Rand travels in at the end of TOM.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#42 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 02 October 2011 - 05:15 PM, said:

If you mean Shayol Badguyhouse (Dunmalignin) or whatever it's spelt, then maybe, but if you meant Merrilor then they're already there, hell, Rand travels in at the end of TOM.

Indeed, I more meant that I don't things are going to roll out where and as they have been foretold to. But yeah, you got me on the technicality. :harhar:
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#43 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

Don't feel bad, Quick...I have to remind people that Rand is already at Merrilor on the WoT forums all the time. I dunno why most people don't seem to realize that.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#44 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

They're probably waiting for the Perrin POV Rand camp entry scene where Perrin is the only one not stumped by Rand's stump and they discuss the whole colours vision thing and they see Mat huddled in a corner of the camp with hands over his ears while Thom and Moiraine bang like crazy and everyone gets really uncomfortable. Also spoilers I am Brandon Sanderson and that scene is already in AMOL.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#45 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Brandon is not nearly funny enough to be you.

There it is.

#46 User is offline   busy monster 

• Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:48 AM

View PostTattersail, on 08 March 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 08 March 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 08 March 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

I thought he was aiming for November 2009, November 2010 and then November 2011, 3 books 3 years. What is taking so long? The book is already written isn't it, the main points anyway.

This is one reason I am a major SE fan, he has brought out a book a year for the last 10 years and the complexity is a lot more than what is going on with this series, i'm a big fan of this series, hence me wanting the last book but you're talking 20 months between books here minimum.

Not your fault Terez it just seems that you are in the "know".

Hah, it's not written, just parts of it. Brandon Sanderson is even more of a workaholic than SE. I think this will be his first delay ever, and SE has had a few himself.

i'm really, really looking forward to this one. That's why i'm frustrated, his last 2, Towers of Midnight and the Gathering Storm were just epic. I have not read anything else of his work, have you? Are they good books? What ones would you recommend?

Everything.

No, seriously. EVERYTHING. I have only one of his books in paperback-- Elantris. The rest I own in hardcover. I bought the dudes second book EVER in hardcover. I have both Sanderson/Jordan novels signed (by both Sanderson and Jordans widow), Way of Kings (Jordans widow editted it, so I've got her siggy on that mo'fo, too), and my hard cover of Mistborn 1. I'm hoping he comes to town for A Memory of Light so I can get MOL and my other two Mistborn HC';s signed. They're seriously good books, and I refuse to lend them out, even. A friend owns the books in paperback and he lends them out, instead-- original cover as it was released, etc, for all my HCs.

Just, really. Sanderson is goddamned fucking amazing and I've yet to be disappointed. Day of release for his newest (Alloy of Law) I'll have it in my hands. A day later I'll be done reading it. I'll have to smack a friend in the head to get him to get my copy of Alloy signed. He'll do it, since that's why he'll have read it at that point <_<

#47 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

View Postbusy monster, on 11 October 2011 - 06:48 AM, said:

I bought the dudes second book EVER in hardcover.

I beat ya, I have ELANTRIS in Hardcover as well as the rest...I just randomly had extra money that day, loved the cover of ELANTRIS, so I bought it and read it without knowing squat about it...after that I bought every other one after that is Hardcover.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#48 User is offline   legorossi 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:34 AM

The series is really great that i'm willing to wait as long as the book delivers. I need my questions answered.

#49 User is offline   busy monster 

• Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 October 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

View Postbusy monster, on 11 October 2011 - 06:48 AM, said:

I bought the dudes second book EVER in hardcover.

I beat ya, I have ELANTRIS in Hardcover as well as the rest...I just randomly had extra money that day, loved the cover of ELANTRIS, so I bought it and read it without knowing squat about it...after that I bought every other one after that is Hardcover.

*Shakes his tiny, angry fist*

Damn, I'd love to have a get a HC cover of Elantris so I could have that signed.

#50 User is offline   Cobbles 

• Captain

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

On Sanderson's website the progress bar is at 80%. He might finish the first draft this year. From there on it shouldn't take all that long (maybe 6 months) until the last book hits the shelves. I'm excited.

#51 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

He's only got about 10% left to go for his own writing - there's a huge chunk of RJ writing that has yet to be inserted (the very end). But Harriet has asked for more time for editing, so even if he makes his November deadline, we're still probably looking at a November 2012 release. It has to go through Team Jordan first (Harriet and RJ's assistants, Maria and Alan) and then back to Brandon for his 10% cut edit...and then to the beta readers. They were only given about a week to look it over last time, and word is they'll be given at least a month this time.

There it is.

#52 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Who wrote the part where Nyneave sniffs, smooths her skirts, and then clubs the Dark One to re-death with her braid?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#53 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

That was all you, dear. I'll ask Brandon to credit you for that if it shows up in the book. :unworthy:

There it is.

#54 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

View PostAbyss, on 25 October 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

Who wrote the part where Nyneave sniffs, smooths her skirts, and then clubs the Dark One to re-death with her braid?

View PostTerez, on 25 October 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

That was all you, dear. I'll ask Brandon to credit you for that if it shows up in the book. :unworthy:

I WIN!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#55 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

So you keep telling us. It's okay, we believed you a long time ago thanks to SE. No need to keep reminding us.

IMO, you come very close to winning, but Illy is funnier. Just saying.

There it is.

#56 User is offline   Cobbles 

• Captain

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

View PostTerez, on 25 October 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

He's only got about 10% left to go for his own writing - there's a huge chunk of RJ writing that has yet to be inserted (the very end). But Harriet has asked for more time for editing, so even if he makes his November deadline, we're still probably looking at a November 2012 release. It has to go through Team Jordan first (Harriet and RJ's assistants, Maria and Alan) and then back to Brandon for his 10% cut edit...and then to the beta readers. They were only given about a week to look it over last time, and word is they'll be given at least a month this time.

Sanderson does editing really fast. Now, with all the other people involved it might of course take longer.

Btw. doesn't he already send parts of the manuscript to SC for editing, continuity check etc.? It's probably not that he waits to write the entire first draft before sending it off. But ok, a summer release might be optimistic. And if it doesn't come out in summer, then they're going to wait until Nov. for the holiday sale.

#57 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

View PostCobbles, on 26 October 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

Btw. doesn't he already send parts of the manuscript to SC for editing, continuity check etc.?

He did that for previous books, but they decided to do it different this time; he's writing the whole book before sending it on.

There it is.

#58 User is offline   Cobbles 

• Captain

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

View PostTerez, on 26 October 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostCobbles, on 26 October 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

Btw. doesn't he already send parts of the manuscript to SC for editing, continuity check etc.?

He did that for previous books, but they decided to do it different this time; he's writing the whole book before sending it on.

Uh thanks. That's what I was missing.

#59 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

On his tour Brandon has told several people his new goal to turn in the first draft is December (it was originally the 1st of November).

There it is.

#60 User is offline   Cobbles 

• Captain

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

The progress bar has hit 100% I assume that means he has handed it over to team Jordan and others for editing?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users