• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The last book in the WoT

#1 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

First of all I have forgot what it is called, can anyone enlighten me? Is it a Memory of Light or something similar?

Are we looking forward to the end of the year when this is released? It is meant to be November time isn't it?

What news do we have about the book?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

It's A Memory of Light, and it won't be out until spring 2012, maybe summer. Not sure yet. Shooting for spring.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#3 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

I thought he was aiming for November 2009, November 2010 and then November 2011, 3 books 3 years. What is taking so long? The book is already written isn't it, the main points anyway.

This is one reason I am a major SE fan, he has brought out a book a year for the last 10 years and the complexity is a lot more than what is going on with this series, i'm a big fan of this series, hence me wanting the last book but you're talking 20 months between books here minimum.

Not your fault Terez it just seems that you are in the "know".

#4 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

View PostTattersail, on 08 March 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

I thought he was aiming for November 2009, November 2010 and then November 2011, 3 books 3 years. What is taking so long? The book is already written isn't it, the main points anyway.

This is one reason I am a major SE fan, he has brought out a book a year for the last 10 years and the complexity is a lot more than what is going on with this series, i'm a big fan of this series, hence me wanting the last book but you're talking 20 months between books here minimum.

Hah, it's not written, just parts of it. Brandon Sanderson is even more of a workaholic than SE. I think this will be his first delay ever, and SE has had a few himself.

Edit: I wouldn't even really call SE a workaholic, he's just gotten good at being efficient. Brandon, however, works his ass off.

This post has been edited by End of Disc One: 08 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

#5 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 08 March 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

Hah, it's not written, just parts of it. Brandon Sanderson is even more of a workaholic than SE. I think this will be his first delay ever, and SE has had a few himself.

i'm really, really looking forward to this one. That's why i'm frustrated, his last 2, Towers of Midnight and the Gathering Storm were just epic. I have not read anything else of his work, have you? Are they good books? What ones would you recommend?

#6 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

View PostTattersail, on 08 March 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

i'm really, really looking forward to this one. That's why i'm frustrated, his last 2, Towers of Midnight and the Gathering Storm were just epic. I have not read anything else of his work, have you? Are they good books? What ones would you recommend?

I love his books. I recommend trying the Mistborn trilogy first. Or if you prefer epic stories, try The Way of Kings.

#7 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

View PostTattersail, on 08 March 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

Mistborn trilogy. Now I didn't like it, but a LOT of people like love it. Plus at least it's completed.

I agree that his WOT books are amazing.

Although Sanderson is not my favourite author, he gets kudos for being a nice guy, for genuinely appreciating his fans, and for working really really fucking hard.

#8 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

This is my next read then, i'm convinced :rofl:

#9 User is offline   Cobbles 

• Captain

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

View PostTattersail, on 08 March 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

First of all I have forgot what it is called, can anyone enlighten me? Is it a Memory of Light or something similar?

Are we looking forward to the end of the year when this is released? It is meant to be November time isn't it?

Rumor is that it's too long, so they have to split it into two three books.

Groundhog day?

Nuh, just kidding.

#10 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

View PostCobbles, on 08 March 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 08 March 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

Rumor is that it's too long, so they have to split it into two three books.

Groundhog day?

Nuh, just kidding.

lulz.

I do have this vague paranoia that closer to the release Sanderson will annouce that there is just too much material for one book, so he's splitting it. Then we have to wait another year to see how it ends...

and if I'm being really paranoid... then he splits it again... so wait another year... and he splits it... another year... splits it... ad infinitum

#11 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

but it will eventually end :rofl: cough GRRM cough

#12 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

The current release date for A MEMORY OF LIGHT is November 2012.

Sanderson just revealed that he's about 30% done on it and he's hitting a patch where there's already been a lot of work done. So hopefully he could be half-done on it in a month or two. The question is then how much work does he need to do after that? If he finishes before the end of the year, even given his and Harriet's wish for a much longer copy-editing period, I wonder if Tor would consider moving the date back up, maybe to the summer of 2012?
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#13 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, I'd hope so, given that the initial decision to split AMoL into three was made with the promise that there would be no more than 18 months between each volume. I can't even imagine the nerd rage that would ensue if they decided to split the final book again, or delay it in an homage to GRRM <_<
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#14 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

i just finished a complete re read, TOM has shot up to my favourite book. It's got so much in. Awesome. I am eagerly awaiting this release.

#15 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

View PostTattersail, on 26 July 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

i just finished a complete re read, TOM has shot up to my favourite book. It's got so much in. Awesome. I am eagerly awaiting this release.

I think my favourite moment (among many) is
Spoiler

It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#16 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

and you may call me

"Rand Sedai"

I liked Aviendha's vision of the future and the implications. I wonder whether Mat joins Tuon again. I am not too bothered about Perrin, he is too whipped. I want to see Rand die and live again.

I do have a query, I was thinking on it the other day, why does Egwene or anyone question Rand and his actions? He is here to save the world, even by breaking it or whatever, if he has to break the seals to re seal the prison then that is what he has to do. Why do they presume that they know better? Egwene is awesome as in TGS, but I hate the way she is against anything that is Rand.

#17 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

its a case of history repeating itself, which should be obvious as that is the theme of the book..... Its essentially the same as what happened with Lews Therin but
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Silk: 26 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

#18 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

I got an update from Brandon that his plan is to hand in the book in November 2011. Tor and Harriet want a longer editing period, but how long that takes is up to them.

By my count they could do a six-month turnaround rather than the 2-3 that ToM got and still get the book out in June 2012 (even May, if they stepped on it). That would be awesome. Though Tor may prefer November so they nail the maximum number of possible pre-release Christmas sales.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#19 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

so this won't be ready for march 2012?

#20 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

View PostTattersail, on 26 July 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

so this won't be ready for march 2012?

"Pshaw!"
-- Oscar Wilde

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users