• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Awesome TCG scenes (yup, spoilers) Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

View Postvomitoff, on 10 July 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

7. Torrent's last act - A victory for the underdog, but as in all things SE, those who do great deeds mostly die shortly after. That said, Torrent's final scene of him sliding down the ice, into the whole, right after he kills Olar Ethil, was amazing. He's saved the kids, even though he doesn't know who's kids they are (he never meet Tool, right?).

I think he did, when the Barghast first come across him escaping with the Awl kiddies while the Lether/Edur army annihilated the rest of his people at the end of RG. If anything he'd have a lot of respect of Tool because he'd know him as a friend of Toc, what with Tool having a good old mournful sob right in front of him.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#82 User is offline   LordofTheFallen 

• Last King of The Fallen Gods
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Leaving flaming bags of Bha'karal poop on the doorsteps of the azath houses.

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

I know this was a DoD moment, but as to Telorast and Curdle action, didn't they semble briefly in Lether and blow apart a building or something?

I think they needed their own scene with some mega asskicking involved.
"It seems I have stumbled upon another crime in progress"
Tehol held out the chicken by it's scrawny neck, "Here then, we never really expected the ransom in any case."

#83 User is offline   Migol 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

View PostLordofTheFallen, on 12 July 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

I know this was a DoD moment, but as to Telorast and Curdle action, didn't they semble briefly in Lether and blow apart a building or something?

I think they needed their own scene with some mega asskicking involved.

They sembled into Dragons as a result of the insane magical shenaniganry going on with Fiddler's Deck reading.

They also had a semi badass moment when they (in tiny bone form) scared the Hounds from Apsalar.

#84 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

Yes. I know their story is probably done, but I'd love to have more Telorast and Curdle in future Malazan books. They're so incredibly entertaining.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#85 User is offline   LordofTheFallen 

• Last King of The Fallen Gods
  • Interests:Leaving flaming bags of Bha'karal poop on the doorsteps of the azath houses.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

I'd like to have them, in bone form, pair up with Iskaral Pust. That would be entertaining to no end.
"It seems I have stumbled upon another crime in progress"
Tehol held out the chicken by it's scrawny neck, "Here then, we never really expected the ransom in any case."

#86 User is offline   Griff Edur 

• Corporal

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

Just to add to the many on here.

Tehol's letter to Brys

'and what tit could be better than tat?'

#87 User is offline   Blueiron 

• Acolyte of Quick Ben

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

The moment at which you realize that redbolt munitions are essentially rocket launchers, and that the sappers have found their way into Paran's secret warren-pocket to steal them. It gave me a defenite pyromaniac grin.
The realization that all this time the fourteenth daughter's handservant had been a Seguleh.
Setoc repelling a pure's Voice by howling like thousands of wolves.
and many others

EDIT ofrgot the best one, d'oh

When the fourteen Jaghut join the Imass.
"Jaghut, K'Chain Che'Malle, Forkrul Assail, and Imass! All we need now are some Thel Akai and we can swap old lies all night long!" *enter army of Themoen Tarthenal Toblakai* *Jaghut laughter and general asskicking*
It manages to be funny, hartwarming, badass, and sad all at the same time. What a win for SE.

This post has been edited by Blueiron: 08 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

QBFTW!

#88 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

View PostBlueiron, on 08 August 2011 - 04:22 AM, said:

The moment at which you realize that redbolt munitions are essentially rocket launchers, and that the sappers have found their way into Paran's secret warren-pocket to steal them. ...

Sapper with tears in his eyes to Paran - "Bless you, sir."

I laughed so hard i cried too.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#89 User is offline   derick30 

• Recruit

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

1. Yedan Derryg- The guy is a fucking beast! The Liosan commanders thought they were fighting a LEGION! Damn!

2. Amby Bole- Seized the moment! Master Groper!

3. Battle of Blessed Gift - K'Chain Che'Malle, Jaghut, Imass, Toblakai, Human, Cattledog

4. Onos Toolan- " This … this was ill-timed. ' I know. Many Imass died because they suddenly became mortal but.. it was like a line from a comedy movie. LOL.

5. Fiddling Hedge Drum- I think this has been mentioned but it was just awesome.

6. Tulas Shorn and Silchas Ruin scenes- Their conversation when they were reunited made me very excited about the upcoming Kharkanas Trilogy. And of course, DRAGONS!

7. Ganoes Paran- I've read some threads that say he didn't do much, they expected more, blahbalhblah. He is awesome. His army defeated several siege attacks and kills every member of the heavy infantry they encountered on the way to save Tavore. Most importantly IMO, he saved Tavore.<_<

This post has been edited by derick30: 10 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

#90 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

-"Ive had. ENOUGH. OF. YOUR. JUSTICE!"
I laughed and cried for a good ten minutes

-"Hood says fuck you assail!" "Is that you, Wid? can smell it"
Hilarius
"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#91 User is offline   Asharak 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

" kills every member of the heavy infantry they encountered on the way to save Tavore."

And by doing that saving Fiddler and his men, and a certain cripple.

"Ganoes Paran- I've read some threads that say he didn't do much, they expected more, blahbalhblah. He is awesome."

He defeated 4 Forkrull Assail armies, while he has more screen time in other books, this is IMHO the book where he did the most.

Other cool Paran moments:

The Mathok card – You wanted a dammed Hood-Balled blood-pissing fight, and now I’m giving it to you

Kicking sister Belie`s ass verbally (I believe it was the first time in the book somebody called the Assails on their bulshit arguments). Followed by him tricking the Assail into thinking he would fight them in a bottleneck at the gates, but then instead opening two huge portals and storming the Assail forces before they could form up.

Draw breath, you bastards! And Charge!

Paran having withheld munitions from the sappers since the beginning of the campaign, and then giving them a mountain of it, “Bless you sir”, indeed. That following battle was great, and the ending with Paran almost killing himself by moving half his army to the other side of the mountain, thereby surrounding the enemy forces, was epic.

#92 User is offline   JukeboxJoe 

• Recruit

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

There were so many amazing and sad moments that had me welling up (for the first time ever reading a book) and I agree with what everyone mentioned here. One thing that sticks out to me, and it isn't any massive battle, is the very end of the book. After just the incredibly vast scope of these books, spreading over the entire world, realms, races etc the series ends right back where it began. It begins and ends describing the weather vane on Mock's Hold. Just made me realise how far you've come in the books, and the last line 'like a thing in chains'. Just really cool.

#93 User is offline   MagicMT 

• Recruit

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

Personnaly, I found 3 scenes really really really really awesome. All others scenes were only really really really awesome hehe!

Personal favorite: When the Malazan Marines are making their last stand against the FA and their army: "Who are we fighthing for again?" "Everyone." "No wonder we're losing then..." I honestly began to cry

2nd: Mentioned several times but still: Hood biting the head of the FA

3rd: The ending scene with Hood, Roach & the others Jaghut.

#94 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

- Gu'Rull stare-off with Hood before snatching the Heart - awesome tension about what would actually happen there.

- "Worm says fuck you, Assail!" Definitely my favourite line in the book :smoke:

- The POVs from Korabas. Very sad, very moving.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#95 User is offline   The Pack 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Basketball
    Ultimate (frisbee)
    Being utterly oblivious to subtle writing techniques

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

View Postderick30, on 10 October 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

5. Fiddling Hedge Drum- I think this has been mentioned but it was just awesome.

Remind me?
I'm going to be reading these books for the rest of my life trying to catch every little secret and plot detail...and i'm ok with that :D

#96 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Some more great moments:

- Brys' dream sequences where he meets Bruthen Trana. Spooky and sad at the same time.

- Fiddler giving water to Held.

- Mappo being attacked by the D'ivers Forkrul Assail god.

- Tavore, Fiddler, and Banaschar sharing a meal and Tavore's incredibly innocent comment that she must look a mess.

And was it just me, or was there a bit of, uhm, sexual tension between Tavore and Banaschar? :smoke:
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#97 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

I liked the Host's marines charging the Kolansii fortified in the mountain pass told from the defender's viewpoint, that was pretty awesome.

(Yes, I've finally finished the series, HOORAY! I'm not sure I understood it all, but that's what rereads are for)
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#98 User is offline   jasec 

• Corporal

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

REally wish there was a scene with Karsa possibly going back to his village to tell his father that he was right. And also Karsa reuniting with Torvald Nom since he was in Darujhistan anyways.

More Karsa is a good thing, he is by far my favorite character.

Corabb dying was sad for me.

#99 User is offline   jasec 

• Corporal

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 26 February 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

I liked the Host's marines charging the Kolansii fortified in the mountain pass told from the defender's viewpoint, that was pretty awesome.

(Yes, I've finally finished the series, HOORAY! I'm not sure I understood it all, but that's what rereads are for)

I just finished the series as well, (just Erikson's books) and I don't understand everything as well either.

Great series! Did you read Esselmont's books?

#100 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

View Postjasec, on 27 February 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 26 February 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

I just finished the series as well, (just Erikson's books) and I don't understand everything as well either.

Great series! Did you read Esselmont's books?

Well, I kinda skipped Stonewielder because I wanted to read The Crippled God, so...And I still haven't read Night of Knives, but Return of the Crimson Guard was pretty damn decent.

Another scene I thought was pretty good was when Faradan Sort asks if anyone has seen any scorpions
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users