• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Awesome TCG scenes (yup, spoilers) Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   Excellence 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

I was not impressed with Derryn's standoff. His sword slices through bone and armour with ease. It's called a lightsaber, and that's what he had. Well, anyone then would be . . . It was the sword that made super, not his own prowess.
If there were no smart people others wouldn't feel inadequate.

Right?

#102 User is offline   wullagaru 

• Corporal

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostExcellence, on 15 March 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

I was not impressed with Derryn's standoff. His sword slices through bone and armour with ease. It's called a lightsaber, and that's what he had. Well, anyone then would be . . . It was the sword that made super, not his own prowess.

what made it/him super was the amount that he kille dwhile avoiding being killed himself lightsaber or not thats not easy to do

#103 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

Eddie Dean said:

1300162181[/url]' post='841875']
Roach biting Hood's ankle. ......."with a limp"

Roach 'adopting' Hood. And then pissing on his boot. You just know it was the same foot.
Shurq and Felash trying to outeloquent each other as the ship is sinking.
Ublala boring ralata into bed.
Whiskeyjack to Toc - whatever made you think we'd say no? And - You coming Bridgeburner?
Spax admitting he's terrified of Malazans.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 16 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#104 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Awesome scenes???

Ok most awesome, Hood....doing anything...in particular when he is Pwning Face and Eating Ass...no wait that's the other way round :)
The final balls out converging upon the tower where the heart is.
I thought The bog down on the hill where the Crippled Gods mortal form is chained was awesome, just all the back and forths with the marines, Corrabbs final battle (a favourite throughout) when they ALL start laughing, Urb telling Hellian he loves her and them making out in the middle of a war XD
Quick and Kalam doing stuff again, FINALLY.
Karsa :rolleyes:
and finally...oh sod it! HOOD!!!!! Just...Just, HOOD and Ublala....and Draconus....pwning giant face...and...HOOD!

#105 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postjasec, on 27 February 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

REally wish there was a scene with Karsa possibly going back to his village to tell his father that he was right. And also Karsa reuniting with Torvald Nom since he was in Darujhistan anyways.

More Karsa is a good thing, he is by far my favorite character.

Corabb dying was sad for me.

Fear not, Karsa's getting a trilogy where he's going to pwn the world :DDDDDDDD
And yes, Corrabb dying was sad...but madly, and throughout the final few books, its actually all he ever dreamed of as a warrior....Saving the world...while pwning face and dying valiantly...i mean he kills someone after he's been stabbed and had an arm cut off....badass...and just how he wanted to go :rolleyes: well done corrab bhilan thenu'alas

#106 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostCrow Clan Baby, on 10 July 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

"To die in someone's arms - could there be anything more forgiving? Every savage barbarian in the world knew the truth of this."

Nuff said.

Oh yes, The MBOTF finale is incredible, I think I love it even more now after reading this thread...but that, that moment...That transcends simple fantasy storytelling, Karsa, SE's writing, moves me to act...

#107 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

One scene I really liked was Silanah basically shredding the Tiste Liosan Soletaken Eleint. Soooo long since She was last in action. Throughout TTH she just sat there. Also clarified exactly how powerful a pure Ancient Eleint is than some Liosan Soletaken.
Most heart in the mouth scene: When Tavore almost kills Ganoes. I was just replaying the death of Felisin the Elder in HoC and muttering "Oh Shit its gonna happen again..."
Saddest scene: Icarium with Mappo's dead body, and at first he doesnt even remember who Mappo was. It was like Mappo's epic journey from TBH to the end was really for nothing.....
One scene that should get some more mentions: Karsa's holding the cripple while he dies.... Touching and sincere..... new depths to Karsa's character with each book.....want the Toblakai trilogy!!!!!!!!

#108 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

I won't be saying anything that hasn't been said many times so far, but:

-the sappers tearing up while standing in solid formation as Ganoes gives them enough munitions to level half the mountainside

-Quick Ben fooling the FA into coming after him then saying, "got you." Then Kalam destealthing right behind said FA (In a way that would make the top World of Warcraft Rogue proud), and driving both daggers in from behind so hard he lifts the FA into the air, then hurls it across the field.

-the part where Quick Ben picks up Kalam and they're back together again for the first time in ages and you know some BADASS shit is gonna follow.

-another QB/Kalam scene where they kill their 3rd FA (or was one a mix blood, oh well) when Quick Ben blasts it with Magefire which hurl it right into Kalams blades. "Courtesy of Kalam Mehkar."

-Karsa cradling the dying man in his arms.(Karsas development through the series is my favorite, and this tops off his journey perfectly.)

-But the single best moment for me was Spinnocks speech to the Tiste Andii when they're grouping up in the forest just before joining The Shake on The Shore. The speech reveals just how much planning that went into Rakes plotting all these years. And the sword against the shields seemed to be the exclamation point on everything he said.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#109 User is offline   Right 

• Recruit

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:16 AM

I just finished the TCG this week and even though this may be a bit of necro of the thread, I felt obliged to put in here one moment of humour which not many people have (that is on top of all those other ones mentioned).

The context for me is that I feel the closer we got to the finale, the more soldier humour there is and TCG is definitely the peak (with the aforementioned tearing up of the sappers).

However, for me this one is the best one.

When Tarr if thinking about giving it one last day of effort before Tavore activates her water joker in the dessert, Cuttle comes up with this gem:

He twisted round, glared at his squad. ‘First one falls, I will personally curse to the Thirteen Gates of the Abyss. Am I understood?’ ‘That calls for a drink,’ said Cuttle.

Erikson, Steven (2011-02-21). The Crippled God: The Malazan Book of the Fallen 10 (p. 586). Transworld. Kindle Edition.

#110 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

Reading it again now. Somehow it gets more powerful each time.

"Saddic... these things.... they're toys" takes my breath away every time.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#111 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:05 AM

When the last marines ad heavies start laughing and the Kolanse soldiers are overwhelmed, and even the Assail pure is spooked

#112 User is offline   Mott Heavy 

• Recruit

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:32 AM

you must squat and shit on fish face

#113 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

^^^ Best first post contender?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#114 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

Definitely.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

#115 User is offline   BAD 

• Masher of HHT
  • Interests:Sleeping!

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:41 PM

Most scenes been said already. The Shore, the whole damn shore. It was amazing. It was a never a story line I could really get into, but that was a great centrepiece for the book. I say centre because it appears in the middle of the book. After reading through it I though to myself, "how the hell is the rest of the book going to follow this?" Well, the previous six pages of this thread show how. Two scenes of the not quite epic variety however, I make a mention for.

The one between Fiddler and Hedge before they leave the main army. Got me in the feels, like no other.

And then Shadowthrone and Tempers little reunion.

"Fuck off."

Posted Image

Sometimes the simplest things are the most standout.
Forum needs more infopop.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users