• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Awesome TCG scenes (yup, spoilers) Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

-Everything with Hood.Everything. Especially when Equity is thinking :" This one could have been an Elder God. This one could have been anything."
-Tavore naming the regular, the eternal uknowns.
-Brys killing a FA by releasing the names of the forgotten God.
-"Have you not drank enough"
-Gall stabbing the FA while an inch from death. The Unbound attack also deserves a mention.
-Gesler saving Bent even though he kows he'll die if he does.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#22 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:48 AM

View PostAbyss, on 11 March 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

- Even tho it verged on comical, Ublala taking out Calm was pretty awesome.

You know, now that I think about it, Calm foreseeing that she'll be there when Karsa fulfills his destiny was more empty boasting than it was prophecy. But the fact that she thinks Ublala is Karsa at first was pretty hilarious.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#23 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

"is that one of those fuckeralls?"
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#24 User is offline   Jendor 

• Recruit

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

Cant believe noone has mentioned "I'm Nefarias Bredd, sir! who else would i be? Now get back up there - Ill cover yee, aye?"

#25 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:54 PM

-9th squad pulling weapons on Korlat

-Silchas recognizing Malazan uniforms from his...attempt...on Letheras, and then later meeting Fiddler who cusser'd him was a big lol moment

-Realizing what was different about the Hust sword that ST gave Silchas

-The amount of times that gods in this book call ST and Cots audacious or some variant
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#26 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:18 AM

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 14 March 2011 - 11:54 PM, said:

-Silchas recognizing Malazan uniforms from his...attempt...on Letheras, and then later meeting Fiddler who cusser'd him was a big lol moment

especially since fiddler boots him out of his seat. that was just great
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#27 User is offline   SpectreofEschaton 

• Herald of the Black Dawn
  • Interests:self-annihilation

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:06 AM

Care to help me, here? This is one of those things I missed on my blitz-reading.
These glories we have raised... they shall not stand.

#28 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

View PostSpectreofEschaton, on 15 March 2011 - 02:06 AM, said:

Care to help me, here? This is one of those things I missed on my blitz-reading.

Eloth, Ampelas and Kalse were apparently chained to it. Somehow ST and Cots knew that Silchas was gonna be on their side in the Eleint battle, and were able to transfer the chains to the Hust Sword, which the gave to Silchas, and when he unsheathed it they were freed from shadow, but bound to Silchas for the upcoming fight
Actually, I didn't.

It was ever thus.

#29 User is offline   SpectreofEschaton 

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:05 AM

Oh, okay. I somehow managed to completely ignore the provenance of those three while simultaneously acknowledging that they'd shown up as if they should have been there all along. It makes a lot more sense with that info, thanks.

#30 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

Roach biting Hood's ankle. ......."with a limp"
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#31 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 15 March 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

Eloth, Ampelas and Kalse were apparently chained to it. Somehow ST and Cots knew that Silchas was gonna be on their side in the Eleint battle, and were able to transfer the chains to the Hust Sword, which the gave to Silchas, and when he unsheathed it they were freed from shadow, but bound to Silchas for the upcoming fight

And how cool was that exchange? Everything from Tulas Shorn saying "Veer! We have our Storm!" to Eloth (or one of the other two, can't remember ATM) thinking Cotillion is an "honorable god" for keeping his word. (Though interestingly, when we see Silchas again at the end, IIRC, doesn't someone mention something about how there are still chains drifting off into the darkness from the sword?)

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#32 User is offline   Feathersmith 

• Acolyte of Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Eating, reading, birds, plants, not getting killed in traffic.
  • I took several years off from reading Malazan and now I've fallen down that rabbithole again and it's gr9

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 15 March 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

especially since fiddler boots him out of his seat. that was just great

Yes! I'm pretty sure I laughed at that. Seeing more and more of Silchas' character in this book was great.

Others that I really liked:

- Hood bites the face off a FA. That was a big Holy shit did that just happen? moment.
- Tavore's speech to the regulars. " . . . my beloved soldiers."
- Urb and Hellian. Aw :)
- Torrent takes out Olar Ethil.
- Marines' responses to the FA trying to use the voice on the mound. "Worm says fuck you, Assail!"
- Korabas sees Silchas and Tulas' Storm showing up, and thinks she's doomed - but then realizes what they're really up to.
- Hood beats Reverance to death. "I have had- enough- of- your- justice!" WHAM WHAM WHAM.
- Tool is reunited with his children - and Hetan - and gets a final wave to Toc.
- Cotillion knifes the CG in the back. Did not see that coming.
- Calm finds out that her expectation for meeting Karsa again was WRONG. Oh, Ublala: "That's not nice!"
- Tavore, Rudd, Lostara, and Lostara's boytoy charge the Kolansii army.
- Hood BIT THE FACE OFF a FA. With no warning whatsoever. Did I mention that one yet?

I'm sure there were some pretty awesome scenes earlier in the book, but they kind of got obliterated by the last 100+ pages.
Get along for awhile / Citizen, you will see / How the innocent are bound to the damned.

#33 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

View PostEddie Dean, on 15 March 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Roach biting Hood's ankle. ......."with a limp"

And later, Roach pees on his foot.

Love that dogthing. It survived the Chain of Dogs and pees on the (former) God of Death's foot!

View PostCicero, on 15 March 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 15 March 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

And how cool was that exchange? Everything from Tulas Shorn saying "Veer! We have our Storm!" to Eloth (or one of the other two, can't remember ATM) thinking Cotillion is an "honorable god" for keeping his word. (Though interestingly, when we see Silchas again at the end, IIRC, doesn't someone mention something about how there are still chains drifting off into the darkness from the sword?)

I also liked the part where they pick up Telorast and Curdle en route.

The fact that the sword still held the chains at the end was interesting. I wonder if Silchas couldn't release them, or wouldn't.

I totally missed the irony of Fiddler kicking him out of his seat!

View PostFeathersmith, on 15 March 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

...Others that I really liked:

- Hood bites the face off a FA. That was a big Holy shit did that just happen? moment.
- Hood BIT THE FACE OFF a FA. With no warning whatsoever. Did I mention that one yet?

That cannot possibly be ref'd enough.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#34 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Gruntle jamming his sabres in Olar's face to keep her from veering.

Releatedly, the scene where Gruntle, Mappo, Setoc, Torrent and the TTGs let Olar take Tool's kids was awesome in its uncomfortableness.

#35 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

Which Hood line is more awesome? "I have had enough of your justice" or "We have no need of allies" that one actually struck me as awesome too.

another awesome scene-finding out the locusts and butterflies moving around the wastelands and glass desert are the crazy d'ivers form of the broken Forkrul Assail god. It actually helps you understand how the the snake was able to survive, the insects they started trapping and eating as they walked was technically the flesh of a god.
Actually, I didn't.

It was ever thus.

#36 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

View PostAbyss, on 15 March 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

Gruntle jamming his sabres in Olar's face to keep her from veering.

Releatedly, the scene where Gruntle, Mappo, Setoc, Torrent and the TTGs let Olar take Tool's kids was awesome in its uncomfortableness.

It was both one of the most disappointing and most awesome parts of the book.

Disappointing because I wanted to see Olar Ethil in her big bad ass dragon form and I wanted to see Gruntle fight a dragon the size of a city block.

But awesome because of the "betrayal of trust" when they all decide to abandon the kids to Olar Ethil. That was such a sickening outcome.

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 15 March 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Which Hood line is more awesome? "I have had enough of your justice" or "We have no need of allies" that one actually struck me as awesome too.

Definitely the "We don't need no allies" lines, especially because in my mind he said "no stinkin' allies".

another awesome scene-finding out the locusts and butterflies moving around the wastelands and glass desert are the crazy d'ivers form of the broken Forkrul Assail god. It actually helps you understand how the the snake was able to survive, the insects they started trapping and eating as they walked was technically the flesh of a god.

You know that never occurred to me that they might have gained more than just food and moisture from the bugs. Maybe the bugs really did make the kids stronger.

#37 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

View PostClockwork Apt, on 15 March 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

Definitely the "We don't need no allies" lines, especially because in my mind he said "no stinkin' allies".

Dammit Apt i thought we corrected thet crossbrain thoughtleak issue...

You know that never occurred to me that they might have gained more than just food and moisture from the bugs. Maybe the bugs really did make the kids stronger.

Good point this. Builds on the theory elsethread that the Snakey's were Shriven as well.

#38 User is offline   SpectreofEschaton 

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

For me, by far the most moving scene was where the Crippled God is watching the marines die for him, and is simply awestruck by the fact that they're giving their lives for him, the only thing they have, and proceeds to vow to write the Book of the Fallen, to remember them, to be their witness. I get chills every time I think about it.

#39 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:23 AM

Connected with the Crippled God I was awestruck when Cotillion appeared and stabbity stab stabbed the CG, because I thought they were cheating the other gods and taking his power or something, but in the end it turns out it was all a part of the plan, which I actually thought was a shame. I would have preferred the idea of the Shadow Gods revealing their true intent, securing a new level of power for themselves. It would have been more in like with their more vicious appearance in GotM.

#40 User is offline   Mott 

• High Marshall, Dinosaur Hunter, Lunapict
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

One of the things I found really surprisingly moving was the sections from Korabas' point of view, her regret that she was anathema to life and brought destruction wherever she went really struck me.

The scene at the end with Cotillion, I did not see that one coming, I momentarily forgot how to breathe. The appearance at the end with him and Shadowthrone in Itko Kan on the coastal track and how much it seemed to echo their first scene in Garden's was great with Shadowthrone wanting to teach the 'fop' a lesson and Cotillion telling him to have patience.

When the Tiste Andii knelt to the Shake and Letherii on the shore and Korlat became the Sister of Night. That whole storyline pretty much, especially where Yedan Derryg was concerned, his foray into lightfall was spectacular. Pithy's last thoughts being 'It's true. At last it's true. I was a soldier'

Hood biting the face of a FA, and the undead Jaghut reganing flesh and fighting alongside the Imass and honouring their barrow.

Faint's sacrifice to Mael to bring Brys back and Amby dragging them all out.

Early on when Deadsmell heals Tavore and ends up crying at the glimpse he got into her mind and Tavore meeting with Paran, the scene was short but it seemed to say so much. The Bonehunter's shouting 'the Khundryl' and then Gall skewering the FA.

I feel like I could go on forever listing these kind of moment's, no doubt as soon as I've posted this I'll think of a dozen more.

Hellian and Urb confessing their love just before their charged
Mottfather, who art in chat, hallowed be thy name, thy empire come, thy magic be done, on wu as it is in warren. give us this day our daily cahpters, and forgive us our timeline, as we forgive yours, lead us not into goodkind, but deliver us from ayn rand, for thine is the series, the epic, the glory, I<3WJ ~ Obdi and GH

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users