• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Amazon.ca CRIPPLES YOU! delivery date change

#61 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

I found Abyss' copy.....

Posted Image
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#62 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

Same UPS issue here. Been in the &&%*$#$ city since 9am yesterday and it’s still not on its ’delivery route’ or whatever its called.
It’s a big can of catpoo, that’s what it is.
My delivery date is also today, specifically: ’End of Day’. What the hell is that supposed to mean, apocalyptic delivery jargon sucks.

#63 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

View Postmostly.harmless, on 24 February 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

Same UPS issue here. Been in the &&%*$#$ city since 9am yesterday and it’s still not on its ’delivery route’ or whatever its called.
My delivery date is also today, specifically: ’End of Day’. What the hell is that supposed to mean, apocalyptic delivery jargon sucks.

End of Day is (as far as I know) 5PM as that's when the last Postal drops seem to happen.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#64 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 February 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

View Postmostly.harmless, on 24 February 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

End of Day is (as far as I know) 5PM as that's when the last Postal drops seem to happen.

Well that’s something i can work with, thanks.
This is Mexico though, so 5pm is more like next week.

#65 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

No. Either the paperback or hardcover might be delayed.

If it is delayed I'll cancel if I can get it on the Kindle.

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 February 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

View Postflea, on 24 February 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

I am scheduled for a March 1 delivery from amazon.com, the day of release in the US -- I only had to pay for 2nd day delivery. I have never had delivery from the U.K. in less than one week, so this is the best I can do.

Wasn't the US amazon.com date pushed back to March 15th or something?

This post has been edited by flea: 24 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

#66 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

Mexico City, Mexico 24/02/2011 12:08 P.M. The driver was unable to collect funds on the 1st delivery attempt. A 2nd delivery attempt will be made.

Anyone knows what this means?
I already paid 40 pounds to amazon, why would they need to collect funds? Obviously my doorman is not gonna pay.

#67 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

View Postmostly.harmless, on 24 February 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

Mexico City, Mexico 24/02/2011 12:08 P.M. The driver was unable to collect funds on the 1st delivery attempt. A 2nd delivery attempt will be made.

I already paid 40 pounds to amazon, why would they need to collect funds? Obviously my doorman is not gonna pay.

It means Amazon dropped the package in the hands of a third party delivery company (whoever they be) who came to your door and expect extra funds for the delivery that their company did since amazon handed it off to them. Since no one answered the door they can't collect the money and won't leave the package. Unless you are home when they try again I doubt you'll get it easily and may have to phone them. They should have left some sort of note or form about he delivery attempt.

This happened to me once with a t-shirt coming VIA DHL who carved an extra $12 outta me for a delivery that was passed off to them when I had already doled out $50 for the short and the shipping.

Basically Amazon covers their asses by saying that there are various delivery third party companies that MAY handle your international order (DHL is one of them) and a few of them TOTALLY charge extra for their piddly little part in the delivery...and they hold your package unless they can get the money out of you.

My bet, you're going to be paying another $10 spot or something for the book...if you can find where to get your hands on it.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

#68 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 February 2011 - 06:53 PM, said:

It means Amazon dropped the package in the hands of a third party delivery company (whoever they be) who came to your door and expect extra funds for the delivery that their company did since amazon handed it off to them. Since no one answered the door they can't collect the money and won't leave the package. Unless you are home when they try again I doubt you'll get it easily and may have to phone them. They should have left some sort of note or form about he delivery attempt.

This happened to me once with a t-shirt coming VIA DHL who carved an extra $12 outta me for a delivery that was passed off to them when I had already doled out $50 for the short and the shipping.

Basically Amazon covers their asses by saying that there are various delivery third party companies that MAY handle your international order (DHL is one of them) and a few of them TOTALLY charge extra for their piddly little part in the delivery...and they hold your package unless they can get the money out of you.

My bet, you're going to be paying another $10 spot or something for the book...if you can find where to get your hands on it.

Thanks. I called and thats basically what it came down to. I cant even pick it up today, i have to wait till tomorrow. Apparently the exorbitant fee that amazon charged me on their behalf is missing some essential fee that NEITHER AMAZON NOR UPS bothers to tell you. So like you said they hold your package hostage. If i had known about this id have left money with my doorman. Now im pissed and i chose to pick it up at their far-ass stupid depot so i can do some verbal damage because this is unacceptable.
And i chose that option in Amazon.co.uk assuming it was taken care of as such. No mention of 3rd party fees and all that, where did it say that? Maybe in the F.A.Q. but not when i placed my order.
Im furious.

#69 User is offline   epicfantasynerd 

• Recruit

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

My book is in Louisville, KY! C'mon baby, couple hundred more miles....

#70 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

View Postmostly.harmless, on 24 February 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

Thanks. I called and thats basically what it came down to. I cant even pick it up today, i have to wait till tomorrow. Apparently the exorbitant fee that amazon charged me on their behalf is missing some essential fee that NEITHER AMAZON NOR UPS bothers to tell you. So like you said they hold your package hostage. If i had known about this id have left money with my doorman. Now im pissed and i chose to pick it up at their far-ass stupid depot so i can do some verbal damage because this is unacceptable.
And i chose that option in Amazon.co.uk assuming it was taken care of as such. No mention of 3rd party fees and all that, where did it say that? Maybe in the F.A.Q. but not when i placed my order.
Im furious.

It's in the shipping and tracking area of the amazon.co.uk for your order. It's not right up front though, which is why you likely didn't see it. It's also rather vague as it doesn't specifically tell you who is handling the delivery.

For me, when amazon.co.uk ships me stuff they thankfully pass it off to UPS who deliver it no problems. I wonder if your delivery xtra charge has anything to do with Mexico's duties? I dunno. That's shitty beans though dude.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

#71 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 February 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

View Postmostly.harmless, on 24 February 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

Im furious.

It's in the shipping and tracking area of the amazon.co.uk for your order. It's not right up front though, which is why you likely didn't see it. It's also rather vague as it doesn't specifically tell you who is handling the delivery.

For me, when amazon.co.uk ships me stuff they thankfully pass it off to UPS who deliver it no problems. I wonder if your delivery xtra charge has anything to do with Mexico's duties? I dunno. That's shitty beans though dude.

I cant show you a screenshot right now but theres nothing in that area. Just the status which is pulled from the UPS site.
It shows the carrier is UPS and a tracking number etc, thats how i tracked it on the UPS site. Its probably related to duties, ill find out tomorrow, but what bothers me is that its hard to find this in advance. I paid a lot of money to get it SOON, not to find out that i have to pay more. If paying a fee is needed, let me know in BOLD AND CAPS so I can prepare, at checkout or in an email from UPS, anything. But not some obscure corner of the tracking status.
Anyway, thanks for explaining, calms me down somewhat but theyre still getting my dark side tomorrow.

edit. i also emailed amazon asking clarification and if they can please put that kind of information in bold somewhere ill see it, because it undoes the whole purpose of a priority delivery.

This post has been edited by mostly.harmless: 24 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

#72 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

It could be import duties as opposed to fees. I don't think we get tagged with those on books coming into Canada but i've paid it on other items.

UPS still says 'Held in warehouse'. To my exponentially growing horror when i click on that message it reads 'UPS is holding the shipment pending a contract service offering'.

I don't know what that means, other than if it's not waiting for me today DESTROY DESTROY STAB EXPLODE BURN KILL THEN TORTURE THEN KILL MORE and possibly a harshly worded email of complaint to their customer service.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#73 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 February 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

I found Abyss' copy.....

Posted Image

I told you Abyss....this truck effed up on the way to your pad brother. LOL!

#74 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 February 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

It could be import duties as opposed to fees. I don't think we get tagged with those on books coming into Canada but i've paid it on other items.

UPS still says 'Held in warehouse'. To my exponentially growing horror when i click on that message it reads 'UPS is holding the shipment pending a contract service offering'.

I don't know what that means, other than if it's not waiting for me today DESTROY DESTROY STAB EXPLODE BURN KILL THEN TORTURE THEN KILL MORE and possibly a harshly worded email of complaint to their customer service.

This must sound repetitive but where does it tell me that when i place my order!? There was no, obvious, mention of that. If its in small letters on purpose id be severely disappointed. That does not gain you customer loyalty.

It sounds as if your warehouse thingy is waiting for another mail service to pick it up and deliver it for UPS at your place. In other words, theyre looking for mailmen.

Oh the irony.

#75 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

http://www.amazon.co...8&nodeId=502492

When you go to place your order, the shipping/delivery options should be a link available to click, that's where you'll find it.

#76 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 February 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

http://www.amazon.co...8&nodeId=502492

When you go to place your order, the shipping/delivery options should be a link available to click, that's where you'll find it.

Thanks.
Ok, fair enough. But I still think this is something you shouldnt have to look for. Its something that should be mentioned. And UPS is damned in my book for not giving me a headsup on the extra cost. I could have had my book right now if they had let me know in advance. Instead of showing up and asking for it then. Tomorrow im gonna verbally ranal them all over their stupid depot.
Once ive paid the ransom for my book and have it in my still unbloodied hands.

#77 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

NOW IT SAYS 'IN TRANSIT' AGAIN!!!!

RAAAAAAAAA

Posted Image

#78 User is offline   Fayth 

• Acolyte of Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

http://www.amazon.co...98586554&sr=1-2

Looks like Canadians can get the Kindle version right now.

#79 User is offline   Dutch 

• Bridgeburner
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen, American Football, Quick Ben

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Abyss when trying to break in at the UPS depot

Posted Image
Sappers have a saying, he muttered. "Wide eyed stupid"

#80 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

So now they've updated delivery to today, instead of yesterday, and somehow the package has move from one side of the city to the other.

If anyone happens to see nes reports of an entire UPS facility being wiped out overnight, the earth scorched, salted and sauteed and the employees all curiously disappeared, i had nothing to do with it.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users