• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Amazon.ca CRIPPLES YOU! delivery date change

#41 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

It is here.

In my hands

God still lives, and this day He shineth down upon my unworthy face.

This post has been edited by ansible: 22 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#42 User is offline   Fayth 

• Acolyte of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

I'm just hoping the ebook version comes out to a Canadian ebook retailer on March 1st. Its available on Amazon for US customers but not for Canadian, and I have been unable to find out any info about the ebook versions. I emailed Transworld Digital about it because they were responsible for the Canadian ebooks of previous installments. I'll post here for those who are looking to grab the ebook version if I get a response.

#43 User is offline   Trusty 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:33 AM

I will add that chapters.ca is no better. The release was yesterday according to their website, and I so I had placed my order with them. Today I contacted their shipping people, who said the release date has been pushed back to March 15. I have ordered from Amazon UK and I am in the process of cancelling my order with Chapters. I should have known better after they changed the release dates for Stonewielder (grumble).

#44 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

View PostTrusty, on 23 February 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

I will add that chapters.ca is no better. The release was yesterday according to their website, and I so I had placed my order with them. Today I contacted their shipping people, who said the release date has been pushed back to March 15. I have ordered from Amazon UK and I am in the process of cancelling my order with Chapters. I should have known better after they changed the release dates for Stonewielder (grumble).

Chapters/Indigo I have come to find are NEVER trustworthy with their release dates. They are SUPER lazy when it comes to stocking the shelves on release day, let alone the online store.

I'm an amazon.co.uk boy from here on out. I got STONEWIELDER and THE HEROES from them and THE CRIPPLED GOD is on its way. Am happy.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#45 User is offline   Cold Iron 

• I'll have some lasagna

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

I posted this in another thread already but I think it's worth the spam:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on January 09 2011.

Steven Erikson "Malazan Book of Fallen 10:Crippled"
http://www.amazon.co...duct/0593046366

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

If you would prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below:

https://www.amazon.c...0895851-3421919

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk

:D :p :( :D

#46 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

View PostCold Iron, on 23 February 2011 - 02:19 AM, said:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on January 09 2011.

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

If you would prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below:

Sincerely,

Amazon.co.uk

:D :p :( :D

I won't neg rep you I will just feel for you instead!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#47 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

View PostCold Iron, on 23 February 2011 - 02:19 AM, said:

Hello,

Sincerely,

Amazon.co.uk

:( :D :p :D

That's effing awful! I feel horrible for you dude.

...and here's what I think may have happened. Amazon.co.uk....completely underestimated the amount of orders they were going to have. Considering a fair number of us ordered from amazon.co.uk and a number have shipped (if not already been received), so now they have to go back to Transworld and ask for another shipment to fill the remaining orders. The silver lining being that Transworld likely HAS the books, and they just need to get them into amazons hands, making your wait probably a few more days than planned. My two cents.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#48 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

View Postepicfantasynerd, on 22 February 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

Haven't dispatched my order yet but I did choose priority mail... D'oh is me. 44 pounds extra to get slower service than Abyss. You must be living right.

priority mail is NOT your friend.
except for when it is.

I dunno - i think that if you pre-order far enough in advance the books ship earlier than otherwise, but that's a guess.

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 February 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 22 February 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

I don't understand how you guys are getting tracking information. Mine shipped as of Feb. 19th and the estimated arrival date is March 14th...

I might have paid for Royal Mail if that's the cheaper one or something.

Yeah, I am in this boat too. I know it's been "dispatched" as of Monday from co.uk but it refuses to track it, and I tried throwing the number into ups.com and it says it can't track the shipment....Sigh.

I assume you both ordered from amazon.uk so if you copy the tracking #, go to ups.com, select your country and follow the instructions, you should get the tracking data. Or God hates you.

Catpocalypse narrowly averted this am. I checked the tracking and it said my order was in Philidelphia, where previously it seemed it was already here in Ontario. The bombers were fueled and ready to launch but i called UPS and it turns out only the data had been received. The actual package left Philly this am and arrived here in the next couple of hours. So i may only have it tomorrow.

DAMN THEM!!!!

But only slightly. :(
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#49 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

View PostAbyss, on 23 February 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Haven't dispatched my order yet but I did choose priority mail... D'oh is me. 44 pounds extra to get slower service than Abyss. You must be living right.

except for when it is.

I dunno - i think that if you pre-order far enough in advance the books ship earlier than otherwise, but that's a guess.

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 February 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 22 February 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

I don't understand how you guys are getting tracking information. Mine shipped as of Feb. 19th and the estimated arrival date is March 14th...

I might have paid for Royal Mail if that's the cheaper one or something.

Yeah, I am in this boat too. I know it's been "dispatched" as of Monday from co.uk but it refuses to track it, and I tried throwing the number into ups.com and it says it can't track the shipment....Sigh.

I assume you both ordered from amazon.uk so if you copy the tracking #, go to ups.com, select your country and follow the instructions, you should get the tracking data. Or God hates you.

Catpocalypse narrowly averted this am. I checked the tracking and it said my order was in Philidelphia, where previously it seemed it was already here in Ontario. The bombers were fueled and ready to launch but i called UPS and it turns out only the data had been received. The actual package left Philly this am and arrived here in the next couple of hours. So i may only have it tomorrow.

DAMN THEM!!!!

But only slightly. :(

Yeah, they didn't give me a tracking number....so yeah, god hates me.

Fuckers.

Thankfully I am blissfully enjoying the short treat that is a review copy of Will Hill's YA action horror DEPARTMENT 19...which is keeping my m ind of my lack of TCG delivery.

#50 User is offline   epicfantasynerd 

• Recruit

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

View PostAbyss, on 23 February 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

except for when it is.

I have received a dispatch tracking number, Yay! I did what you suggested at ups.com and nothing on the ups system yet for my tracking number, Boo.

I have ordered stuff from the states in the past and UPS really likes to bend you over and stick it in you with regard to handling and duty charges, so I have the lube by the door.

All this to read something by a *Canadian* author. How can he do us like that?! lol

#51 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

View Postepicfantasynerd, on 23 February 2011 - 06:23 PM, said:

...All this to read something by a *Canadian* author. How can he do us like that?! lol

Blame Canada.

#52 User is offline   skullky 

• Recruit

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Recruit Skullky here,
Hey we Canadians got jacked to. I went to the book store light on my feet, high hopes and in a happy mood.
...The minute I heard none of the stores in the city had it yet, for a few seconds I contemplated murder.
Then again SE 'The Crippled God' and Patrick Rothfuss 'A Wise Man's fear' are very close on release dates...

I feel I'm treading dangerous ground here.

#53 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

View Postskullky, on 23 February 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

Recruit Skullky here,
Hey we Canadians got jacked to. I went to the book store light on my feet, high hopes and in a happy mood.
...The minute I heard none of the stores in the city had it yet, for a few seconds I contemplated murder.
Then again SE 'The Crippled God' and Patrick Rothfuss 'A Wise Man's fear' are very close on release dates...

You won't see an TCG book here, on the shelves in Canada till May. I guarantee it.

#54 User is offline   skullky 

• Recruit

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 February 2011 - 11:33 PM, said:

View Postskullky, on 23 February 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

Recruit Skullky here,

You won't see an TCG book here, on the shelves in Canada till May. I guarantee it.

Well thats a shame...Oh well looks like Ebay is selling some copies!!! oooooo ARC of The Crippled God yum

#55 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

Ideally, I hope mine arrives before the weekend. My girlfriend is working on-call this weekend so that would entitle me to two whole days of uninterrupted Malazan reading time....a man can hope...a man can hope.

#56 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

Cathulu sense is tingling...

UPS site vague...

...Is it being delivered... is it in the warehouse... is it in Kentucky....?

Oh, you bastards... don't fuck with me like this... don't make me angry... you won't like me when i'm angry...

#57 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostAbyss, on 24 February 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

UPS site vague...

Oh, you bastards... don't fuck with me like this... don't make me angry... you won't like me when i'm angry...

I think it should say "Out for Delivery" when it's being delivered. That's what it says for me at least :)

#58 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

I am scheduled for a March 1 delivery from amazon.com, the day of release in the US -- I only had to pay for 2nd day delivery. I have never had delivery from the U.K. in less than one week, so this is the best I can do.

#59 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

View Postflea, on 24 February 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

I am scheduled for a March 1 delivery from amazon.com, the day of release in the US -- I only had to pay for 2nd day delivery. I have never had delivery from the U.K. in less than one week, so this is the best I can do.

Wasn't the US amazon.com date pushed back to March 15th or something?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

#60 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 24 February 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 24 February 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

UPS site vague...

I think it should say "Out for Delivery" when it's being delivered. That's what it says for me at least :)

Earlier today it said 'For delivery by Feb 24, 2011'.

Now it says 'Held in warehouse'.

Shortly it will either say 'Out for delivery'... or... 'Ahhhh somebody save us ahhhhh'. Their call.

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 February 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

View Postflea, on 24 February 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

Wasn't the US amazon.com date pushed back to March 15th or something?

.com is still showing Mar 1 for the hb and tpb.

Of course, .ca said Feb 21 all the way to Feb 21...

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users