#21 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 February 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

View PostMischiefs, on 21 February 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

US release is March 1.

So far.

They wouldnt mess with an ebook publication date, would they?
I ordered the kindle version so i can leave my hardback safely at home with its brothers and sisters... so i need that on the 1st of March because I’m afraid if i keep lugging the book everywhere I go (Yes, EVERYWHERE) it will soon fray and degenerate into a slightly-less-than-pristine state. And that won’t do.

#22 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

View Postansible, on 21 February 2011 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 21 February 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

wow.
amazon.uk just gave me a delivery date of Feb 23.
wow.

- Abyss, takes back everything bad i have ever said about the Royal Family.

They're pushing you back to Mar. 15 in two-day increments.

Get ready to be burned.

That would be bad.

Likeas in vaguely cat-shaped mushroom cloud level of bad.

But according to the UPS tracking site info it's already in the air somewhere.

- Abyss, notes that if anyone so much as LOOKS sideways at an EMP device, there will be bloodshed. Oh yes...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#23 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

View PostAbyss, on 21 February 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

View Postansible, on 21 February 2011 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 21 February 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

wow.
amazon.uk just gave me a delivery date of Feb 23.
wow.

- Abyss, takes back everything bad i have ever said about the Royal Family.

They're pushing you back to Mar. 15 in two-day increments.

Get ready to be burned.

That would be bad.

Likeas in vaguely cat-shaped mushroom cloud level of bad.

But according to the UPS tracking site info it's already in the air somewhere.

- Abyss, notes that if anyone so much as LOOKS sideways at an EMP device, there will be bloodshed. Oh yes...

What. According to UPS they still don't have my package.

#24 User is offline   arbitrage 

• Recruit

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:02 AM

View Postmostly.harmless, on 21 February 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

US release is March 1.

So far.

They wouldnt mess with an ebook publication date, would they?
I ordered the kindle version so i can leave my hardback safely at home with its brothers and sisters... so i need that on the 1st of March because I'm afraid if i keep lugging the book everywhere I go (Yes, EVERYWHERE) it will soon fray and degenerate into a slightly-less-than-pristine state. And that won't do.

The kindle version has been MIA since last week on the kindle store, I was hoping to get this version on March 1st as I read most of my books electronically now. Was just going to get the TP to add to my collection on the bookshelf. Now I will have to rethink my plans....

Since the US version is from TOR it may still be out on March 1st.

This post has been edited by arbitrage: 22 February 2011 - 04:03 AM

#25 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

View Postarbitrage, on 22 February 2011 - 04:02 AM, said:

US release is March 1.

So far.

They wouldnt mess with an ebook publication date, would they?...

The kindle version has been MIA since last week on the kindle store, I was hoping to get this version on March 1st as I read most of my books electronically now. Was just going to get the TP to add to my collection on the bookshelf. Now I will have to rethink my plans....

Don't they tend to roll the e-version release back to ensure the print version streets at least a week ahead?

All I know is that amazon.ca had a Feb 21 release date, right up until Feb 21 and that morning it rolled back to Mar 15. I'm not sure how far I trust .com not to pull the same/similar thing.

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 22 February 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

...according to the UPS tracking site info it's already in the air somewhere.

Did you take the tracking number from amazon.uk and run it at ups.com?

It says mine is in Canada awaiting clearance in customs just a few miles from where I sit at this moment.

Holy fuck amazon.uk gets a goat sacrifice if this is at my doorstep tomorrow. Possibly a llama. TWO days from .uk release to Canada. TWO DAYS.
This is like karmic payback for all those times Canada Post fucked me.

- Abyss, notes it's not REALLY 'breaking and entering/theft/assault' if you're just claiming something that belongs to you, albeit with a crowbar, nightvision goggles and judicious use of blunt objects on night security guards...

#26 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 February 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

View Postarbitrage, on 22 February 2011 - 04:02 AM, said:

US release is March 1.

So far.

They wouldnt mess with an ebook publication date, would they?...

Don't they tend to roll the e-version release back to ensure the print version streets at least a week ahead?

All I know is that amazon.ca had a Feb 21 release date, right up until Feb 21 and that morning it rolled back to Mar 15. I'm not sure how far I trust .com not to pull the same/similar thing.

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 22 February 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

...according to the UPS tracking site info it's already in the air somewhere.

Did you take the tracking number from amazon.uk and run it at ups.com?

It says mine is in Canada awaiting clearance in customs just a few miles from where I sit at this moment.

Holy fuck amazon.uk gets a goat sacrifice if this is at my doorstep tomorrow. Possibly a llama. TWO days fro .uk release to Canada. TWO DAYS.
This is like karmic payback for all those times Canada Post fucked me.

- Abyss, notes it's not REALLY 'breaking and entering/theft/assault' if you're just claiming something that belongs to you, albeit with a crowbar, nightvision goggles and judicious use of blunt objects on night security guards...

Maybe the .co.uk would get it to Canada on time but then their postal system f****s it up. You could become a post man if this happens, that way in future when you order something you can get it the moment it arrives.. maybe I am just a weirdo
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#27 User is offline   epicfantasynerd 

• Recruit

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 February 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

Just a quick heads up to those ordering TCG from amazon.ca.

They just, today (which was the original posted release date) shifted the release date back to MARCH 15 2011.

Amazon.uk holding steady at Feb 21.

- Abyss, risking spoilers to bring you this important news.

Thank you sir. Just cancelled pre-order from .ca and left them the reasonin in the explanation box. Ordered thru .uk and supposed to be here this week.

Sweet.

#28 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostTattersail, on 22 February 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

...Maybe the .co.uk would get it to Canada on time but then their postal system f****s it up. ...

Here's the thing that makes me lie in bed staring at the darkness...

All things being well with the universe, presumably tomorrow, UPS will attempt to deliver the package, likely during the day when no one is home except the housedemons who aren't allowed to answer the door and/or eat delivery people. Because blood and gore ruins books.

Ordinarily packages are left on my doorstep or in the mailbox and all is well.

This particular package contains TCG and THE HEROES. It will be a big package. Quite big.

This means that it is possible i will get the little delivery notice, and the package will be left at my local post office.

Now bad enough that this means I cannot get the book until the next business day. But those of you who have seen threads re my previous dealings with this post office know, as i know (I KNOW!), this can only go badly.

So badly.

So very, very badly.

I have caused at least two people to lose their jobs at this post office in the past on account of their inherent numbfuckedness. I have made hardened public servant managers weep at this place. I have made the walls positively melt with my righteous fury and/or threatened legal proceedings. The napalm thing was never proven and the charges were dropped.

So if this goes wrong, if my acquisition of TCG is delayed on account of Canada Post.... mark my words, there will be blood. And screaming. Oh, so much screaming. So very, very much screaming. And also blood.

- Abyss, notes Hell hath no fury like a malazfan denied TCG.

#29 User is offline   Steve Halter 

• Mage

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Amazon.com is still telling me my copy should arrive on March 1. Barnes & Noble has the Nook date for March 1 also. Unless both of those are wrong, I'll be getting one on March 1 -- now, off to find more goats to make sure this turns out well.

#30 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

Shit, Abyss, my copy of tCG was mailed from the UK two weeks ago...and still I wait. If you get yours in two days then God is dead.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#31 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, Tor is still holding to March 1st as their publication date, and the book exists in print, because they've done a number of giveaways of it. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that it will be out March 1st.

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 22 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#32 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

View Postansible, on 22 February 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

Shit, Abyss, my copy of tCG was mailed from the UK two weeks ago...and still I wait. If you get yours in two days then God loves you more than me. And appreciated those virgin goats and the single malt scotch. And the Hagen Daaz. And/or the hockey tickets.

Fixed.

I don't know what to tell you... the UPS tracking site says it left the UK yesterday Feb 21 at 1pm and as of 9pm was here in Canada, at the depot, waiting for clearance. I get email updates and everything. Didn't even pay for express delivery.

Karma, i tell you. KARMA!!!

- Abyss, waits for the UPS union strike delivery fuckup delivery truck accident fire flood asteroid impact alien invasion CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN
delivery.

#33 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 February 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

Shit, Abyss, my copy of tCG was mailed from the UK two weeks ago...and still I wait. If you get yours in two days then God loves you more than me. And appreciated those virgin goats and the single malt scotch. And the Hagen Daaz. And/or the hockey tickets.

Fixed.

I don't know what to tell you... the UPS tracking site says it left the UK yesterday Feb 21 at 1pm and as of 9pm was here in Canada, at the depot, waiting for clearance. I get email updates and everything. Didn't even pay for express delivery.

- Abyss, waits for the UPS union strike delivery fuckup delivery truck accident fire flood asteroid impact alien invasion CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN
delivery.

You didn't mentioned this before. Wtf. I paid for express delivery and the UPS still says they don't have it yet. Maybe President's Day has something to do with it, I don't know.

#34 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 22 February 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 22 February 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

Fixed.

delivery.

You didn't mentioned this before. Wtf. I paid for express delivery and the UPS still says they don't have it yet. Maybe President's Day has something to do with it, I don't know.

We got our dispatch e-mails from Amazon.uk within seconds of each other, I think, and mine's halfway to me according to UPS. Landed in Philly this morning from the UK and has just been... sitting... there... I guess waiting to clear customs or whatever, as I see an Arrival Scan but no Customs notification.

It burns me up that it got to Philly at 6:30am... If they were actually being efficient, it could have easily made it to me by now.

I also just realized that anyone anywhere else would regard me with a blend of concern and fear and tell me I need to relax and be patient. I am increasingly impressed with these forums as I know I'll get nothing but empathy and commiseration. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ciceronian: 22 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#35 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

You're not alone.

I know where the depot is.

I know what time it closes.

And I have a plan.

#36 User is offline   epicfantasynerd 

• Recruit

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Haven't dispatched my order yet but I did choose priority mail... D'oh is me. 44 pounds extra to get slower service than Abyss. You must be living right.

#37 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

I don't understand how you guys are getting tracking information. Mine shipped as of Feb. 19th and the estimated arrival date is March 14th...

I might have paid for Royal Mail if that's the cheaper one or something.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#38 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

View Postamphibian, on 22 February 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

I don't understand how you guys are getting tracking information. Mine shipped as of Feb. 19th and the estimated arrival date is March 14th...

I might have paid for Royal Mail if that's the cheaper one or something.

Yeah, I am in this boat too. I know it's been "dispatched" as of Monday from co.uk but it refuses to track it, and I tried throwing the number into ups.com and it says it can't track the shipment....Sigh.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#39 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Well UPS is finally tracking and....it's still in the UK. Abyss doesn't need to say anything bad about the royal family anymore, because I will pick up the slack for him.

#40 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

Well, I dunno where mine is...but I know it's been dispatched.

The question is, did mine get on the plane to Canada with Abyss's copy, or is mine still languishing at Heathrow waiting for the next UPS flight with EoDO's copy...sigh. The waiting is fucking KILLING me!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users