• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#941 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

Ha and then you get to turn it!

Yes Lightning Lizards are a pest - watch out for one on the left as you try to walk a beam. Take plenty of arrows/magic missile whatever ranged you're using.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#942 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

Traveller, on 04 March 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Ha and then you get to turn it!

Yes Lightning Lizards are a pest - watch out for one on the left as you try to walk a beam. Take plenty of arrows/magic missile whatever ranged you're using.

It's so fun killing these lizards with the fortress traps!

I got to the roof, and then some gigantic thing started throwing things at me. I ran until I was in a room. One way was stair that was going into the courtyard with the gigantic thing and another was a door of light. I was certain that gigantic stone thrower was the area boss so I walked past the door of light in hopes of finding the bonefire.

Nope. gigantic stone thrower on one side and gigantic Iron Golem on the other side.

On respawn, I died to the first set of swingy-choppy thingies.

I love this game.

Edit: There are four stone throwers on the four sides of the fortress and one Iron Golem blocking my way to wherever and no bonefire to be found. Brilliant design.

This post has been edited by EmperorMagus: 04 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#943 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hah! Shot the thrower guy on the tower to death. I'm thinking maybe I was mistaken and there are only 3 of these things.

Edit again: The two golems on both sides are feeding the rolling stones inside the fortress! I wondered where the hell they were coming from. I shot one of them two death. I can't find a good vantage point to kill the other one. Also killed the guy who looks awfully similar to Havel.

Still no bonefire to be found. The only place I haven't looked is the room after the broken part of the rampart. I'm fairly certain I would die and loose my 14k souls If I try that jump.

Maybe I should homeward and come back later.

Edit Edit: Found the thing! That was damn sneaky of the developers tbh though.

This post has been edited by EmperorMagus: 04 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#944 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

Sen's Fortress has three Golems. The one you saw in the cut scene, who opened the gate, the one who is feeding the ball machine, and the guy who is throwing bombs.

You can open a shortcut, to get from the first level of Sen's Fortress to the top, if you find the key. You have to jump across the broken bridge that leads to a tower. Inside the tower is also a merchant. Also you can save a spell merchant with that key. Did you find Logan already? How about the gold serpent ring?

Just spend a bit time in Sen's Fortesss as well. Got the serpent-greatsword for the first time :)

#945 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

- Coltaine -, on 04 March 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Sen's Fortress has three Golems. The one you saw in the cut scene, who opened the gate, the one who is feeding the ball machine, and the guy who is throwing bombs.

You can open a shortcut, to get from the first level of Sen's Fortress to the top, if you find the key. You have to jump across the broken bridge that leads to a tower. Inside the tower is also a merchant. Also you can save a spell merchant with that key. Did you find Logan already? How about the gold serpent ring?

Just spend a bit time in Sen's Fortesss as well. Got the serpent-greatsword for the first time :)

I discovered the cage key. Haven't found Logan or any spell merchants yet. I've been dying to the Iron Golem the past 10 mins and I'm going the sleep now!
(I hope I dream of Dark Souls)
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#946 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Go back down the ramp the balls were rolling down - they break through a wall that leads to the imprisoned Logan.

There's also a vertical hole with a ladder - when the balls are directed into it they fill it up you can cross into a previously hidden room.

Make sure you check all the chests!

You can make the jump over the rampart - you can also buy rings and titanite from the guy in the tower; if you can get the rings buy them before you beat the Iron Golem. (That guy isn't hard once you can avoid rolling off the edge like I did... a lot).

This post has been edited by Traveller: 04 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#947 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

The best part about Sen's Fortress is that later, you'll be able to run the whole thing in about five minutes because the death traps become so engrained in you that you can auto dodge everything.

It's a very odd gaming experience and one I like very much. Except the demons in the basement.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#948 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

Traveller, on 04 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

EmperorMagus, on 04 March 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

Ash Lake...

I don't know why the fuck this world needs gigantic trees growing out of an underground lake to exist, but holy fuck this atmosphere...

Other trees... other worlds?

I dreamed about this.

Are you telling me that each tree holds an entire world? Kind of like individual discworlds?
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#949 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

EmperorMagus, on 04 March 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Traveller, on 04 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

EmperorMagus, on 04 March 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

Ash Lake...

I don't know why the fuck this world needs gigantic trees growing out of an underground lake to exist, but holy fuck this atmosphere...

Other trees... other worlds?

I dreamed about this.

Are you telling me that each tree holds an entire world? Kind of like individual discworlds?

Who knows, I just remember that feeling when you look around down there..

There's another place in the game, almost as deep I think, where you look out at those giant trees again in a weird ethereal fog. I love the possibilities!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 04 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

#950 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Traveller, on 04 March 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Go back down the ramp the balls were rolling down - they break through a wall that leads to the imprisoned Logan.

There's also a vertical hole with a ladder - when the balls are directed into it they fill it up you can cross into a previously hidden room.

Make sure you check all the chests!

You can make the jump over the rampart - you can also buy rings and titanite from the guy in the tower; if you can get the rings buy them before you beat the Iron Golem. (That guy isn't hard once you can avoid rolling off the edge like I did... a lot).

You are a freaking jerk.

What the fuck is that face eating asshole doing just sitting around in a room. Gave me a heart attack.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#951 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

Well, when I said check them, I meant 'check' them by shooting them with an arrow. Or ten.

From across the room.

(Are you playing offline by any chance?)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

#952 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

Traveller, on 05 March 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Well, when I said check them, I meant 'check' them by shooting them with an arrow. Or ten.

From across the room.

I don't know? I'm online but I never have any humanity cause I lose them all, so I guess it's defacto offline.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#953 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

It's just that online you see messages from other players. You know, warnings and such!

#954 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:13 AM

Briar King, on 05 March 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

EmperorMagus, on 05 March 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Traveller, on 05 March 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

From across the room.

I don't know? I'm online but I never have any humanity cause I lose them all, so I guess it's defacto offline.

How common is it now to even run across another player or be invaded? I would think the pop is just a fraction of its height these days. I played on 360 and as I don't have Live I didn't get a taste of online play.

On PC it is basically dead. I don't think I ever got invaded, and also no one summons me when I put down my summon sign. Sometimes I see other players at a bonfire or their dhades in the game. But thats it.

#955 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

Holy shit it's so easy to farm humanity on the mobs on this roof. I farmed 3 humanity, a level, and enough titanite shards to upgrade my halberd to +10. Then I killed the Iron Golem in one try with the help of Iron Tarkus (two people attacking its legs and the Halberd strong attack hitting both basically perma-stunned him. Didn't take 1 damage.)
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#956 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

Tarkusis freakingly strong. He is also able to take down the Iron Golem by himself. You could have just watched the fight. Posted Image

#957 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

A +10 Halberd at that stage is mighty useful. Did you ever visit the farming point in darkroot garden?

Bk you can play online and still not get invaded as long as you remain hollow. The messages on the ground are useful for highlighting fake walls or traps that you otherwise walk into.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

#958 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

Holy jesus christ.

I examine a freaking painting thinking "hey, it's going to be a cinematic" and then suddenly I'm in a new freaking world.

Ariamis' painting. Who the hell is Ariamis? I have no idea ...
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#959 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

You needed the puppet for that, by the way :)

#960 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

Whoever Aramis was, he/she needs help. I think they need anti-psychotics at least, maybe some mood stabilizers.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

24 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users