• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#961 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 05 March 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

You needed the puppet for that, by the way :)

The doll I got in the Asylum? Nice!
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#962 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

Don't forget to check the basement!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#963 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostTraveller, on 05 March 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Don't forget to check the basement!

Which basement?

I'm fairly certain I just got (forgive my language) pussy choked to death by a human-raven hybrid. Fucking Ariamis ...
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#964 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

OK, found the basement. Those wheel thingies are annoying af.

How important is the "resistance" attribute? My vitality, Endurance, and Dex are at 27 but my res is at 12. Is it the reason I'm dying so much?

Also, Priscilla has given me a choice to just leave her realm. Does my choice here affect the rest of the game and does she drop anything special?

I love this level. It has been one of the most enjoyable areas in this game so far. The architecture is amazing, the enemies are strong but not annoying, the Legion is scary, and everything drops so so many souls.

@Traveller: No, I never got the Crest.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#965 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

Praise the Fluff Posted Image

She drops her Soul, with which you can create the lifehunt scythe. A weapon that does a lot of bleed build-up, but also raises your bleed-level with every hit. High risk high reward. Makes several enemies easier, but you are in trouble if they have a higher bleed resistance than you. The normal Great Scythe is probably better.

No, the stat resistance is basically useless.

And the painted world is also one of my favorites in the game. So many hidden secrets, the whole Velka stuff, the Xanathous Set, ...

Edit: Not killing her has also no consequences on the rest of the game. Many players never even meet her

This post has been edited by - Coltaine -: 05 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

#966 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

By the way, the painted world was the first part of the game they designed and Priscilla was originally supposed to be the Maiden in Black of this game. Something like your guide. After they reworked their ideas they had no place for them in the game and decided to hide them in a painting as a bonus level.

#967 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 05 March 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 05 March 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

View PostEmperorMagus, on 05 March 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 05 March 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Well, when I said check them, I meant 'check' them by shooting them with an arrow. Or ten.

From across the room.

(Are you playing offline by any chance?)

I don't know? I'm online but I never have any humanity cause I lose them all, so I guess it's defacto offline.

How common is it now to even run across another player or be invaded? I would think the pop is just a fraction of its height these days. I played on 360 and as I don't have Live I didn't get a taste of online play.

On PC it is basically dead. I don't think I ever got invaded, and also no one summons me when I put down my summon sign. Sometimes I see other players at a bonfire or their dhades in the game. But thats it.

Everyone's on DS3?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#968 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 05 March 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

By the way, the painted world was the first part of the game they designed and Priscilla was originally supposed to be the Maiden in Black of this game. Something like your guide. After they reworked their ideas they had no place for them in the game and decided to hide them in a painting as a bonus level.

Yeah, I really needed a sometimes invisible half dragon lady with a murder scythe to help me navigate this hellscape when I first started out.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#969 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

View Postamphibian, on 05 March 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Yeah, I really needed a sometimes invisible half dragon lady with a murder scythe to help me navigate this hellscape when I first started out.

That would have made the game so much easier to be honest ...
She was pretty, so I didn't kill her. :)

I'm now stuck. Two archers with bows that can kill me with three hits have me in their cross fire and I can't do anything.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#970 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 05 March 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

She was pretty, so I didn't kill her. :D

I'm now stuck. Two archers with bows that can kill me with three hits have me in their cross fire and I can't do anything.

And fluffy Posted Image

You have to run. Normally you should be fast enough to evade all the arrows until you reach the pillar. With the right timing it is easy to get around it, just start once the arrow hits the corner (I always choose the right side somehow). Once you are up the ramp you can ignore the archer to the left, as he can no longer shoot at you. Block or roll through the arrows from the other one until you reach him. Parry him or try to push him from the ledge by keeping your shield up and hugging the wall. Afterwards find the bonfire and don't return to this place until you are in your next playthrough :)

#971 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 05 March 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

And fluffy Posted Image

You have to run. Normally you should be fast enough to evade all the arrows until you reach the pillar. With the right timing it is easy to get around it, just start once the arrow hits the corner (I always choose the right side somehow). Once you are up the ramp you can ignore the archer to the left, as he can no longer shoot at you. Block or roll through the arrows from the other one until you reach him. Parry him or try to push him from the ledge by keeping your shield up and hugging the wall. Afterwards find the bonfire and don't return to this place until you are in your next playthrough :)

THEY KILLED ME AGAIN!

I lost 4 humanity and 20k gold. God fucking dammit. What the hell are those bows and why can I not run in a straight line instead of falling off the ledge ...
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#972 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 05 March 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

And fluffy Posted Image

THEY KILLED ME AGAIN!

I lost 4 humanity and 20k gold. God fucking dammit. What the hell are those bows and why can I not run in a straight line instead of falling off the ledge ...

Do you have, I'm not really sure how it is called in english, auto wall recovery (?) still on? It sometimes tries to correct your point of view, which can lead to you walking of a cliff.

#973 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 05 March 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

And fluffy Posted Image

THEY KILLED ME AGAIN!

Run. Dodge and roll past the pale gargoyle things. Run up that ramp, round the pillar keeping to the right, when you get to the top wall, roll, but sort of into the wall so you don't fall off - its better than using the shield as you still get knock -back. Just get to that fucker with the greatbow; now either roll into him or stick a shield up (while wearing the wolf ring) and when he hits he should fall back instead of you.. don't try and hit or you'll follow him!

Worst... part... ever.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

#974 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

Those two archers are the most famous non boss enemies in the game. I've died to them upwards of twenty times all together. When there were a lot of invaders, some really liked becoming a third archer in that spot.

Sometimes this got flipped by the host killing the archers and impersonating one and getting a good surprise in.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#975 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

I was waiting for you to get to the Anor Londo Great Bow wielding Silver Knight arseholes! You remember I said above that I once lost 99 humanity? Yeah that was these guys!

Now there are a couple of decent methods for dealing with them. The best trick is get right up close to the one on the right (this is the way you need to go) but of course this is easier said than done. If you manage to get close enough to him he will switch weapons and often (not always but alot of the time) jump back as he does so, plummeting to his own very timely demise! Once you're that close the other guy cannot hit you either, nor can either of them hit while you in the middle of the archway leading up to them. So really you just have to run and avoid/tank any arrows until you get right next to right hand side Knight. There is a surefire way of making this very, very easy to accomplish but I'm not sure you'll have the right equipment, I'll describe it anyhow. You'll need either the fog ring, 1 sorcery and a catalyst to cast them or 2 different sorceries plus catalyst. The Fog Ring is much harder to procure though, especially now since I think it requires multiplayer to level up in the Cat Covenant - which you can join in the forest with the Moonlight Butterfly, btw you don't actually need the crest to reach either the Cat or the Forest guardians for the soul farming trick, the long way around is just harder. So I'd focus on the sorcieries. 'Hush' silences your movement and can be found on a corpse in Sen's Fortress or by killing Griggs of Vinheim, but killing NPC's is pointless while you still have use of them. The other is Hidden Body which makes you more difficult to see, this can be bought from Dusk of Oolacile, she happens to be hiding in a cave behind the Hydra in the Darkroot Garden - when you kill the Hydra she won't be there immediately, instead it'll be a Golem, kill it, reload the game, she'll be right there. With these two sorceries - requires 15 Int to use both - you can literally walk right up to the right hand Knight, hit him and then hopefully watch him jump back to his death, even if he doesn't it just becomes a one on one fight - admittedly in a ridiculously precarious position. You can then leave the other one or kill him at your leisure.

The only other way to cheese the guy on the right is with poison arrows. Get into a position in the middle of the archway where you can hit him before he has time to hit you - may take some trial and error - then simply hit him with one poison arrow and watch while his health very slowly dissipates, it may require more than one arrow, as the poison status might run out before he dies,, but it is surefire to kill him, once he is dead it is much easier.

EDIT: Deleted the stuff about Priscilla I wrote, seemed unnecessary and made my post even more wall of text like lol

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 05 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#976 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 05 March 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

Do you have, I'm not really sure how it is called in english, auto wall recovery (?) still on? It sometimes tries to correct your point of view, which can lead to you walking of a cliff.

Nah, it wasn't the camera.

I tried to be a smart ass and dodge one of the arrows with a slight movement to the right and walked right off the edge. \

Considering I have a ridiculous amount of points in DEX, do you guys know of anywhere I can find one of those great bows? Or something with a similar punch?

I'm using the long bow (+8) and it's just not the same.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#977 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostWinterPhoenix, on 05 March 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

I was waiting for you to get to the Anor Londo Great Bow wielding Silver Knight arseholes! You remember I said above that I once lost 99 humanity? Yeah that was these guys!

Now there are a couple of decent methods for dealing with them. The best trick is get right up close to the one on the right (this is the way you need to go) but of course this is easier said than done. If you manage to get close enough to him he will switch weapons and often (not always but alot of the time) jump back as he does so, plummeting to his own very timely demise! Once you're that close the other guy cannot hit you either, nor can either of them hit while you in the middle of the archway leading up to them. So really you just have to run and avoid/tank any arrows until you get right next to right hand side Knight. There is a surefire way of making this very, very easy to accomplish but I'm not sure you'll have the right equipment, I'll describe it anyhow. You'll need either the fog ring, 1 sorcery and a catalyst to cast them or 2 different sorceries plus catalyst. The Fog Ring is much harder to procure though, especially now since I think it requires multiplayer to level up in the Cat Covenant - which you can join in the forest with the Moonlight Butterfly, btw you don't actually need the crest to reach either the Cat or the Forest guardians for the soul farming trick, the long way around is just harder. So I'd focus on the sorcieries. 'Hush' silences your movement and can be found on a corpse in Sen's Fortress or by killing Griggs of Vinheim, but killing NPC's is pointless while you still have use of them. The other is Hidden Body which makes you more difficult to see, this can be bought from Dusk of Oolacile, she happens to be hiding in a cave behind the Hydra in the Darkroot Garden - when you kill the Hydra she won't be there immediately, instead it'll be a Golem, kill it, reload the game, she'll be right there. With these two sorceries - requires 15 Int to use both - you can literally walk right up to the right hand Knight, hit him and then hopefully watch him jump back to his death, even if he doesn't it just becomes a one on one fight - admittedly in a ridiculously precarious position. You can then leave the other one or kill him at your leisure.

The only other way to cheese the guy on the right is with poison arrows. Get into a position in the middle of the archway where you can hit him before he has time to hit you - may take some trial and error - then simply hit him with one poison arrow and watch while his health very slowly dissipates, it may require more than one arrow, as the poison status might run out before he dies,, but it is surefire to kill him, once he is dead it is much easier.

EDIT: Deleted the stuff about Priscilla I wrote, seemed unnecessary and made my post even more wall of text like lol

You know what the worse fucking part is? I got to the right-hand guy and he jumped off the ledge without me doing anything.

Then I tried to go get to the left-hand guys for some reason (it annoys me to have enemies behind me) and walked right off the edge while trying to dodge. Meaning I could have just walked the rest of the way into that balcony and been past these idiots. But nooooo, I just have to go kill myself on that ledge where I would die again when trying to retrieve my bloodstain.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#978 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

With high Dex your best bet is not the Great Bows, they require greater strength so unless you're focusing on both then it's just not as useful, arrows are generally more expensive/harder to procure for then as well. You're better off with either the Composite Bow or the Black Bow of Pharis. Pharis is a phantom in the forest (other than the 4 guardians) I think though I'm not 100% sure of that. And I cannot for the life of me remember where the Composite Bow is tbh :/

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 05 March 2017 - 11:00 PM

#979 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 05 March 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

View PostWinterPhoenix, on 05 March 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

You know what the worse fucking part is? I got to the right-hand guy and he jumped off the ledge without me doing anything.

Then I tried to go get to the left-hand guys for some reason (it annoys me to have enemies behind me) and walked right off the edge while trying to dodge. Meaning I could have just walked the rest of the way into that balcony and been past these idiots. But nooooo, I just have to go kill myself on that ledge where I would die again when trying to retrieve my bloodstain.

I've done exactly the same thing before, I really hate leaving the other dude alive!

He does jump off pretty often though, so neither of my cheese methods are really necessary if you think you can get to him without them. The method with sorceries does make it all but assured though, turns the most difficult non-boss area in the game into a cakewalk.

EDIT: Looked it up because it was bothering me that I couldn't remember. Black Bow of Pharis is the Forest Hunter Archer in the Darkroot Garden like I thought, killing him/her while in the covenant will count as a betrayal, however. Forget what I said about the Composite Bow, it's not in the Valley of the Drakes, it's overlooking it from within New Londo Ruins, meaning I'd just go with the Black Bow tbh, definitely easier to get. Plus for a pure Dex build it is best anyhow.

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 05 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

#980 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

With a longbow at +8 I'd hesitate to upgrade another. The difference isn't that great and I've finished the game more than once with a longbow.

Those greatbows are awful to handle.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

29 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users