• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#361 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Xbox live is offline. No!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#362 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Did you free him? There was a door you could smash through, on the floor below the Gargoyle bosses near the beginning. He's sitting in a room and you can free him. I think if you miss it he just heads to Firelink anyway - he's sitting on the floor near the Firelink Keeper, until he kills her and disappears.

This will sound like a dumb question, but does anyone know if there is any way to increase the quantity of an individual spell? I have Soul Spear, but i only have four. I have a ring that boosts that up, but it halves my HP. Just wondered if there was another way.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#363 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

You get more in NG+, since you'll be able to repurchase any spells you want.

You can get 4 more Soul Spears once Big Hat Logan leaves for Duke's Archives. Once he does, talk to the other sorcerer and Firelink and he'll be able to sell you Soul Spear and Homing Soulmass.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#364 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Ah, thanks!

Nito is proving tricky at the moment as I'm not really built to handle the skeletons that get in the way initially; a few more Soul Spears might help if I can get around them.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#365 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostJean-Claude Van tiam, on 13 April 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Also I assume your consulting a guide Amph as I have no idea how to make weapons. I gave that smith before the very first titanite demon these embers that he wanted but I havnt got anything back from them.

Play around with upgrading your weapons at the smiths and killing opponents who have weapons that you like. I found a ring in Sen's Fortress to help that weapon/item drop out (by consulting a guide, a now rare thing I do occasionally) by being a maniacal daredevil and following the rolling stone down a bunch of stairs. It's called the Covetuous Gold Serpent Ring or something like that.

I really don't know what I'm doing at this point - other than trying to beat the frigging gravity-shifting maze in Duke's Archives - and I think that's the fun of it. I have no effing clue where this graveyard Traveller talks of is. I have some dim idea of a passage in the Quelaag region, but damn, that's going to be rough exploring. Hope I don't turn into an egghead.

Probably won't play much if at all tomorrow or Monday. Perhaps Tuesday or Wednesday.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#366 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

The graveyard is right next to firelink, through the ruins. Divine weapons stop the skeletons from reforming, as does killing the guys in cloaks reanimating them.

#367 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Amph, yeh i got that ring from sens fortress but havnt really used it. Wheres a good place to farm items with the ring.

Traveller, yeh i remember this guy sat there on day then the fire keeper vanihsed not long after along with the guy. So i have to turn myself human and go back to anor londo with the woman with massive boobs then some orb will start shaking then i go to his world and killed him.

What level are everyones estus flasks atm. Mine are reinforced twice but is there more. Qualaags mute sister allows me to reinforce it but im minus the fire keeper souls.

#368 User is offline   Seiko 

• Pretentious Plebeian

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

You max your Estus Flask at +7, you can acquire 7 Fire Keeper souls in one play through if I recall correctly. Though doing so would remove the ability to use a couple of bonfires (you can still warp to them)

This post has been edited by Seiko: 14 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

#369 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I think I'm at +2 Estus, although if I can get to a Firekeeper soon, I'll be at +3.

But I need to get past this friggin Crystal Cave first.

Oh, yeah, that graveyard. I didn't know there was more to it, I did a little speed run to explore way back in the beginning of the game and then basically never went back. Should have known there'd be more to it than that little segment I explored.

#370 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

There's an easily missed path to the left in the graveyard.

I'm on estus +2, but I can kindle them to 20 now.

#371 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

The only two bosses ive struggled on is the hydra and the discharge demon. On both counts its the targeting system for spellcasting focusing on the body not the heads or arm of the boss that cost me time. Anyway killed the discharge demon then his mate the centipede demon first time. The firesage thingy took me a few goes but was ok. However theres a big block of stone stopping me from continuing. Im now in dukes archives having a nose round

#372 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

So that sheath the scaleless thingy is ammune to my damage i think. It killed me but put me to a bonfire i hadnt used yet in the prison which was odd. These weird blue things were called and now i have to free logan again.

#373 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Seath kills you first go, and there's nothing you can do until you meet him again much later. He has a weakness I'm sure you'll find if you look.

(And like all the other dragons, if you concentrate on his tail first you can chop it off for a rare Sword)

Good luck in the Archives though!

#374 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yeh i was put in prison. Ive just left there now and warped back to fireshrine. Logan mate can now teach me more soul spears and homing asses so im grinding souls for them.

#375 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

I think I'm learning to really ease up on the "lock on" mechanism. Most times, I'm going by eyeballing and getting it right. I do wish there was a strafe button that would let me back up or go side to side without a lock on, but it's hard to figure out how to do that with the existing button combinations possible.

I beat Seath - the feckin' crystal cave got a ton easier once I figured out I was throwing my lives away at a dead end, jumping off the crystal spar and so on. I wanted the OTHER invisible pathway instead of the one I was on. Lol. At least I picked up an enormous amount of blue titatanie.

At one point, I thought of being Quick Ben and jumping off the Spar of Andii (my pyro is a redheaded skinny lady though).

#376 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

How come i cant go any further in the demons ruin, is the dukes archive place my only path now? Im sure like 3 paths opened up.

#377 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Once you have the Lordvessel, there are four areas to visit. The Dukes Archives in Anor Londo, New Londo (down from Firelink - where the ghosts appear across a wooden walkway), Tomb of the Giants (through the graveyard behind Firelink, keeping left, and down), and the Demon Ruins (behind Quelaags lair).

Up to you which order you do them..but trom past experience, I'm taking on the Tomb of the Giants first (awesome ring, and place to farm a ton of Humanity) and leaving the Demon Ruins until last as it's toughest.

I'm not sure why you can't progress... if you have access to the Dukes Archives you should be able to get into Demons Ruins ok? After the Firesage Demon and the Centipede there should be a small passageway off the big cave, which leads to Lost Izalith.

I just killed Gravelord Nito in the Tomb of the Giants, and I'm now in the Dukes Archives. Maxed out pyro flame at the equiv of +20. Chaos Fireball is awesome; puddle of lava doing 580 damage to anything in it. And I bought more firebolts too, which are bringing down anything and everything so far.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

#378 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

Ill have another look tonight to see if theres a path. I need a divine weapon but cant use them because my faith is low. But those skelotons and ghost scythe thingsare immune to damage. My intelligence is now 50 can it go higher?

Also the demons catalyst is very good but is there a catalyst that boosts sorcery?

Is it also worth me farming for a while to get my pyro up? I only use flashsweat.

Should i have been sinking points into faith in prep for the ghost ruins or shud i just bite the bullet and buy loads of those transient curse items from whoever.

Sorry for all the questions its just im getting frustrated in the archives. Ive picked up loads of keys yet cant free logan for some reason.

This post has been edited by Jean-Claude Van tiam: 16 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

#379 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

This game is so hard. I don't know if i'm just awful at it. I have died numerous times. I defeated the Capra Demon a while back and thought that in itself a victory. Then I go into the depths and get myself cursed. So I go all the way back to Darkroot Gardens tofarm some souls. I join a "wolf covenant" and next minute I cannot farm any more souls as they are all friendly. So I go all the way back to the Undead Merchant near the Depths. I buy two purging stones. I go back down and get use the fire in the depths. I farm some Titanite from the "blobs" whatever they are called. Then I go down and kill some rats and Basilisks. Fine, then I stumble upon a Sorceror who kills me the first time but I go back down and kill him the second time. Then I meet the Gaping Dragon, whom I think is cute at first but then is massive! I score some great damage but ended up dying to him charging me. I do it all again and I literally cast a spell to kill him leaving myself open for attack, I end up killing him and then dying myself. I go back to get my souls etc and feel elated. I think I am getting the hang of this. No. Just no.

Why?

Firstly, I go back to the Asylum and do all the tasks there. Except for the very last one. Try and kill that Demon. Impossible. I tried 11-12 times in a row and just gave up thinking i'll come back later when I am stronger. So I go down to Darkroot Basin which is great, I get killed by the black knight, then I kill it. I use the fire there then go round aznd down, miss the little crystal sprite thing and continue on down/up. I follow the thing to the right and come on a tower/castle. Inside is this guy that kills me with one hit. Each time I go, my magic hardly hurts him so I have to chop at him and try and avoid that swing because blocking it does not work! I end up dying 3 or 4 more times before leaving him and killing all four Gollums. Only to get killed by the Hydra. I thought to myself that I must not be good enough or my character cannot face these types of creatures yet. So I go back to farm in the place where I joined that wolf covenant. I attack the sorceror and it all goes well, except when I go up to kill the axe guy I get killed behind by a swordsman I haven't encountered before and he calls me a fucking hollow. So I had 9k souls and thought i'd run straight to that before fighting them all, only did they all gang up on me and kill me before I could. I switched it off and went to bed.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#380 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Your stats are fine.. stop farming for levels, it wont help.

Seriously, watch some of the vids on youtube of a guy killing bosses with a knife and a soul level of 3. In his pants.

You don't need to level faith either. Upgrade any regular weapon to +5. Then choose 'modify weapon' at the smith, and upgrade it to divine using green titanite you can buy from the giant smith in anor londo.

I just finished the whole graveyard/tomb of giants section using magic and a +7 divine longsword, which I only used in the boss fight.

The Stray Demon is one of the most frustrating in the game as he kills you before you can learn its moves. I killed it with magic.. get up close, but not too close, behind and to one side. Don't lock on.. keep running round him until it does an attack - then lock, and cast.

Took me.. ages, but it is possible. You could throw dung pies at it too, they help reduce its health, but you might waste a load trying. He's the most memnrable for me, precisely because he seems impossible. I had all the right gear.. so I had to accept that it was me. Huge rush when I eventully beat it.

Its all about the moves.. when to block, when to run away, when to attack.

Havel is the hugely armored guy who one-hit you. If you can't circle him and backstab, lure him to the door, and hit him repeatedly with spells when he goes back inside. Your magic WILL kill him - you just have to hit him when he's not blocking. Lure him to hit you, roll back/side, then when he hits the floor, cast. He's vulnerable then - you'll kill him easy.

Basically the same technique for everything with a shield. If they block, you wont damage them. Hit them off guard, and down they go.

Keep at it, if you can kill the stray demon you'll be able to take anything.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users