• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls Sequel to Demon's Souls

#1041 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

Capra was a bit frustrating at the first try, but Queelag was somehow never a problem. Ornstein and Smough on the other hand troubled me in nearly every playthrough. I'm currently trying to beat Super-Ornstein, because I never managed to do this before, and I'm already in my 10th try I guess.

BoC ... I don't like it.

Don't forget to save Reah. She is down there, where Patches would have dropped you down. There is also the other Skulllantern. You can also go down there by finding a latter behind a illusionary wall, if you climb up from the bonfire, at the path to the right. Roughly at that point where the first arrows are hitting you.

#1042 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

I cheated again and watched a video on killing Gravelord Nito. Didn't want to die after running all the way from that bonefire and killing all those mini-pinwheels. Killed him in one try by straight up tanking his hits with Havel set& Wolf ring.

Now I have to figure out a way to get through New Londo. Since apparently there is no bonefire there and Firelink shrine bonefire isn't working.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#1043 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 19 March 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

I cheated again and watched a video on killing Gravelord Nito. Didn't want to die after running all the way from that bonefire and killing all those mini-pinwheels. Killed him in one try by straight up tanking his hits with Havel set& Wolf ring.

Now I have to figure out a way to get through New Londo. Since apparently there is no bonefire there and Firelink shrine bonefire isn't working.

I knew there was a reason for doing New Londo early!

Not a problem though, if you've used the Black eye orb in Anor Londo, killed Lautrec and returned to Firelink, go to the recessed cave under the fire where Anastacia was and return her soul. The bonfire will reignite.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1044 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostTraveller, on 19 March 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

I knew there was a reason for doing New Londo early! Not a oroblem though, if you've taken the black eye orb, killed Lautrec and returned to Firelink, go to the recessed cave under the fire where Anastacia was and return her soul. The bonfire will reignite.

Errm.

I used her soul to upgrade my Estus flask.
Oops.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#1045 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 19 March 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

I knew there was a reason for doing New Londo early! Not a oroblem though, if you've taken the black eye orb, killed Lautrec and returned to Firelink, go to the recessed cave under the fire where Anastacia was and return her soul. The bonfire will reignite.

Errm.

Oops.

Whaat? Can you even do that? :p

Go to the cave and see if you can do... anything?

I think iirc that you can still warp to Firelink without reigniting it... you just can't save there or return to it when yoi die. Otherwise you may have to get the big gates in New Londo open, and use the bonfire in the tower in darkroot.

(There's a sort of shortcut across the bridge with the wyverns on. It's not very quick though, undead parish may be closer).

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1046 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

View PostTraveller, on 19 March 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

Errm.

Oops.

I think iirc that you can still warp to Firelink without reigniting it... you just can't save there or return to it when yoi die. Otherwise you may have to get the big gates in New Londo open, and use the bonfire in the tower in darkroot.

(There's a sort of shortcut across the bridge with the wyverns on. It's not very quick though, undead parish may be closer).

Nooo. What happend to Siegmeyer and Reah in your playthrough until now? Or the pyromancer dude? I detect a pattern. :p

Undead Parish is closer, and saver, if you just jump down to the lower level after the first two ghosts. You also need some transient curses to hit the ghosts. You can find four at the beginning of New Londo, or buy them from the Undead female merchant. Ingward sells them aswell, once you find him in New Londo.

You may probably need more than one run thorugh the ruins, as the +15 ember is hidden there, and you want a +15 weapon for this bossfight. So you have to give it to Andre and return.

#1047 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 19 March 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 19 March 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

Errm.

Oops.

Nooo. What happend to Siegmeyer and Reah in your playthrough until now? Or the pyromancer dude? I detect a pattern. ;)

Undead Parish is closer, and saver, if you just jump down to the lower level after the first two ghosts. You also need some transient curses to hit the ghosts. You can find four at the beginning of New Londo, or buy them from the Undead female merchant. Ingward sells them aswell, once you find him in New Londo.

You may probably need more than one run thorugh the ruins, as the +15 ember is hidden there, and you want a +15 weapon for this bossfight. So you have to give it to Andre and return.

I think I killed Seigmeyer with a boulder in Sen's fortress (I swear it wasn't intentional!)
I saw Reah in the Tomb of Giants and killed her two Hollowed Knights. She disappeared the next time I went through there :p

I DID save the pyromancer dude, although he asked me for something I'd found when I talked to him last and then he disappeared to somewhere.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#1048 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:00 AM

This is possible? So you did not met Siegmeyer in Anor Londo? That's strange. All you need to do for him to appear there, is to move the direction of the boulder maschine once. You would have met him as well at Firelink Shrine, Blighttown, Lost Izaith and the Great Hollow. Did you find Sieglinde?

Once you save Reah, and talk to her after you kill her former companions, she returns to the Church in the undead district, and offers better miracles at lower price. But if you wait too long, Petrus will kill her, as he is a psycho. If you talk to Lautrec earlier, when he is still at Firelink Shrine, he will give you a hint that for some souls about what happend, after Petrus returns alone. If you speak to Petrus afterwards he gets really really creepy. So always kill him after you save her.

He is now in Blighttown, hollowed. The thing you found was an old pyromancy, and he thought that you did found Quelana, Mother of Pyromancy and Daughter of the witch of Izalith, and went searching for her, without success. By the way, did you find her? She is the advanced pyromancy teacher in the game.

I guess you have to play the game again. To save at least some people :p

#1049 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:12 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 20 March 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

This is possible? So you did not met Siegmeyer in Anor Londo? That's strange. All you need to do for him to appear there, is to move the direction of the boulder maschine once. You would have met him as well at Firelink Shrine, Blighttown, Lost Izaith and the Great Hollow. Did you find Sieglinde?

Once you save Reah, and talk to her after you kill her former companions, she returns to the Church in the undead district, and offers better miracles at lower price. But if you wait too long, Petrus will kill her, as he is a psycho. If you talk to Lautrec earlier, when he is still at Firelink Shrine, he will give you a hint that for some souls about what happend, after Petrus returns alone. If you speak to Petrus afterwards he gets really really creepy. So always kill him after you save her.

He is now in Blighttown, hollowed. The thing you found was an old pyromancy, and he thought that you did found Quelana, Mother of Pyromancy and Daughter of the witch of Izalith, and went searching for her, without success. By the way, did you find her? She is the advanced pyromancy teacher in the game.

I guess you have to play the game again. To save at least some people :p

Oh I have sank so much time into the game (reaching 60 hours now), I'm definitely taking this character through a couple of NG+s.

I'm level 80 now, and I have a long bow, uchigatana, a great scythe, and a halberd at level 10. My Pyromancy flame is also at +15 for some reason, even though the only pyromancy I use is the one that increases damage but takes your hp (and I only have one attunement slot). 40 stamina, 34 DEX, and 27 Vitality too. I feel like I've spent way too much time on this game (but I have no regrets)

Edit: I did not find any Qualana, although I did go to Blighttown to farm some Green Titanite and I met the pyro guy too.
Oops I guess?

Could I have saved the depressed guy sitting at firelink? I found him in Anor Londo and he was hollow...

This post has been edited by EmperorMagus: 20 March 2017 - 07:15 AM

Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#1050 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

Sounds like a good setup to me. More than 40 endurance is actually not required, as it doesn't raise the equipment load anymore, and the extra stamina is minimal, in comparison to the amount you already have. There was no need to upgrade your pyromancy flame for Power Within. The effect always stays the same. ^^
Without Sigmeyers Questline you should be able to upgrade atleast two of your weapons to +15. I would suggest the Uchi and the Scythe, as they have the best scaling. One of the titanite slabs available is hidden somewhere in the DLC. The Crystal Lizards in the Great Hollow have a high chance of dropping them as well, but it is a bit difficult to get them.

Quelana sits in Blighttown on a small patch of dry land, at a boulder before you reach Queelags Spider Hill. She only appears if you go to Blighttown with a +10 pyromancy flame, and sells the cool pyromancies. Fire storm, Fire whip, Great Fireball. Also she can upgrade your flame further and has basically her own little quest. It may be possible that she disappears after you kill the BoC if you never talked to her, as she no longer has a reason to hang out there. And another thing to check out in NG+

The only way to save him is not to talk to him after Frampt appears. I usually keep him around to have some familiar faces at firelink shrine.

#1051 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

I'm about 99% sure you cannot kill Siegmeyer with the boulders, simply because he doesn't wander around Sen's Fortress, he sits in one place until you've moved the boulders just once, whereupon he moves and the next time you see him is in Anor Londo outside the room with the Silver Knight ambush mulling on a way to get past them. When you clear the room and talk to him again he thanks you but tells you not to be so hasty next time. I cannot remember exactly how his story goes from there but you see him again at Firelink, Lost Izalith (where you have to actively save him else he dies) Bighttown and Ash Lake - if you finish his and his daughter's whole questline you get a Titanite Slab as a reward.

Yeah 40 End is as high as you should go, the stamina benefits are meagre after that and are frankly outweighed by stamina regen on the Grass Crest Shield and the Chloranthy Ring if you have a very stamina intensive play style. Get Dex to 40 and Vit as high as you feel you need it - though Vit has diminishing returns the higher you go as well. You can probably pump ypur Str up as well for more variety with weapon use (though honestly the Great Scythe is damn good) seeing as you should never put a single point in Res and you only need Int Faith and Att as much as you actually plan to use them.

Yeah if you leave the Blighttown bonfire and swing the camera right, about a quarter of the way across the swamp towards Queelag's Hill there should be a small patch of land with a sort of pillar. Quleana sits leaning up against this, so long as you have a +10 flame. Exhausting her dialogue it turns out she wishes you to kill her mother, this is basically the BoC. As Coltaine says she can upgrade your flame to +15 as well and sells the more interesting pyromancies. Interestingly enough in the original game upgrading your flame was actually a problem if you wanted to use Power Within, because a stronger flame increased it's HP devouring effect, this was patched out though. The Pyromancer you save goes running off to Blighttown to find Quelana, and ends up hollow, he then attacks you on your next visit there, if you get close enough to the area he runs around in.

I always kill the depressed guy right at the start, he's a dick and his sarcasm annoys me no end, plus I've already seen all of his dialogue.

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 20 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#1052 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

I got the very large ember and upgraded my Uchigatana to +15 (I killed the Asylum demon a couple of days ago cause I was bored, it dropped a slab). Jeez that is a sweet sweet weapon now. Kills Black Knights like they are hollows.

Opened the seal in New Londo as well (oh how I freaking hate this level ...)

The Dark Hand is awesome, killed Petrus with it on Coltaine's reco and it was cool. Although it doesn't do too much damage and it can't suck humanity from most enemies so that sucks :p
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#1053 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:45 AM

Ha, serves him right. So you have found Reah?

If not, did he drop the ivory talisman?

#1054 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 22 March 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

Ha, serves him right. So you have found Reah?

If not, did he drop the ivory talisman?

He just dropped two humanity. I didn't look for Reah cause I have no use for miracles (and no money to buy miracles with).
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#1055 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

You do have the Abyss Walkers/Covenant of Artorias Ring I assume?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

#1056 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostTraveller, on 22 March 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

You do have the Abyss Walkers/Covenant of Artorias Ring I assume?

Yeah, I killed poor Sif :p

Killing the Darkroot Garden bosses made me feel so bad...
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#1057 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

Yeah killing Sif always makes me feel like crap, especially after I discovered why he sits in vigil at that place to begin with!

Don't think I've ever had an Uchi +15, I always turn it into the Furysword at +10 with Queelag's Soul. Course you can use the Iaito for that as well.

Are chunks the highest drop you can get from the Wraith's in New Londo, Coltaine, Trav? Or do the Dark Wraith's have a samll chance of dropping slabs?

#1058 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

If Petrus killed Reah he drops her Talisman. So she is still alive?

I never got one, but they can also drop Titanite Slabs with a a chance of less than one percent.

You would be really really sad if you finished the DLC first and than went to the Sif Bossfight. It's already hard to see Sif limping in the normal fight, but after the new cutscene ... Posted Image

#1059 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 22 March 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

If Petrus killed Reah he drops her Talisman. So she is still alive?

I never got one, but they can also drop Titanite Slabs with a a chance of less than one percent.

You would be really really sad if you finished the DLC first and than went to the Sif Bossfight. It's already hard to see Sif limping in the normal fight, but after the new cutscene ... Posted Image

Yeah I thought they had a really small chance of dropping slabs, not really worth trying to farm for them though I don't think.

Yeah that cutscene :p

#1060 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

So are you heading straight for DS2 when you're done, EM?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users