• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TCG - advance copies

#1 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

I've asked for and have been granted some advance release copies of this book as competition prizes. This means you get your hands on the prize before Abyss....
I've thought about all sorts of things, from writing to drawing (which would limit about 90% of us because Onrack would come up with something that would blow the rest of us out of the water), to wiki entries, predicitions for the end of the series, etc etc etc..
So I am thinking that a proposed wiki entry would be a great way to show off your Malazan knowledge.

Guidelines

Find something that hasn't been covered extensively already.
Put in some effort, do the research and make it work
Be creative if you are an artist.
Ensure your entry stands out from the others.
Have some passion for your subject.

I hope this helps but you/I can always open a poll for votes. Either way we have to get to work on this quickly as I would like all submissions in and the vote to be decided by February 1st.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

I'm assuming we don't have to be registered as a wiki contributor and can do these proposed entries here, since I apparently don't have an account there any more (perfectly reasonably since I haven't been on it in what I can best describe as a while) to do an entry personally.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:05 AM

Ah man I really want a copy of TCG but I'm so busy right now...and have no creativity...

#4 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:19 AM

Just sell it to the highest bidder in the name of charity and keep the money.
There must be some rich people in the forum and as everyone knows, the rich deserve it, damnit.

BTW, where is this encyclopedia (just don't want to edit the wrong one and get no credit :-).

#5 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

Oops, found the encyclopedia link right above. Sorry :-)
BTW, Hetan, I know you opened the package and read it.

Is it satisfactory? Does it answer all those questions? Did SE's brilliance cause tears of joy.

#6 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:37 AM

View Postnacht, on 12 January 2011 - 02:26 AM, said:

Oops, found the encyclopedia link right above. Sorry :-)
BTW, Hetan, I know you opened the package and read it.

Is it satisfactory? Does it answer all those questions? Did SE's brilliance cause tears of joy.

http://forum.malazan...pic=19947&st=40

Second post down. I'm guessing that's about all we'll get until the release.

This post has been edited by Ciceronian: 12 January 2011 - 02:38 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#7 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:16 AM

Aw man! I won't be back from the boat until the 9th of Feb. :p

Good luck to everyone else, though! :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#8 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:48 AM

So all we have to do is make a good wiki entry and we can maybe get our hands on an ARC of TCG?

Talk about motivation! :p

ETA - echoing Illy's question about account registration, and how many copies are available?

This post has been edited by MTS: 12 January 2011 - 04:11 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#9 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:56 AM

This is awesome.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#10 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

This is not an arc, it will be the finished article, so not a bad prize and there will be two copies.

You can post your entries in this thread and I am going to move them to a locked thread in the General Forum section where the finished articles can be read by all - as this thread is bound to get messy with questions etc.

You don't need to register for a wiki account but if you do it's quite an easy process.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#11 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

View PostHetan, on 12 January 2011 - 07:15 AM, said:

This is not an arc, it will be the finished article, so not a bad prize and there will be two copies.

Even better! :p

Better get started on my entry then.

This post has been edited by MTS: 12 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#12 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostHetan, on 11 January 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

I've asked for and have been granted some advance release copies of this book as competition prizes. This means you get your hands on the prize before Abyss....

I hate you Hetan.

- Abyss, means that in a nice hatey hate hate so hatefull of hater hate way. hate.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13 User is offline   Steve Halter 

• Mage

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

I noticed that the link to get a pbwiki account (on the encyclopedia page) takes you to a generic unregistered page. I think the link should be: https://my.pbworks.com/

This post has been edited by Steve Halter: 12 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

#14 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

I think we should just give one to MTS already. He's been on a quote rampage in the book forums for months now. The man is a machine.

#15 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 12 January 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

I think we should just give one to MTS already. He's been on a quote rampage in the book forums for months now. The man is a machine.

And given how far away from hetan he is, getting it early would mean... Well getting it the same time as the people in the UK :p
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#16 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

Thanks Apt, but there are others who probably deserve it more, and are better at writing wiki entries or whatever they plan to do.

Would anyone mind if I did an entry on Greymane or the Lady? The Greymane entry is fairly sparse, and only features info from SE books, and the page for the Lady is obviously non-existent, so might give that one a crack.

#17 User is offline   Captain Beardface 

• Mason of Serc
  • Interests:Rugby, Darts, Quality Beer, Heavy Metal... Hard Rock in general

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

Perfect timing a contest just as I start my MSE this week... guess I'll just have to wait like the rest of the world
Monsignor:...Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
Connor: [as the brothers exit the church] I do believe the monsignor's finally got the point.
Murphy: Aye.

Boondock Saints

#18 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

View PostSteve Halter, on 12 January 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

I noticed that the link to get a pbwiki account (on the encyclopedia page) takes you to a generic unregistered page. I think the link should be: https://my.pbworks.com/

The link takes you to the wiki front page and the request access button is on the right,

Attached File  sign-up1.JPG (13.51K)
Number of downloads: 0

when you click it takes you to the registration page for this wiki (which is the one you are asking to join)

Attached File  sign-up.JPG (35.12K)

Once you have been granted access you can sign in via the log-in button on the top of the page, which takes you here

Attached File  log-in.JPG (29.27K)

so I'm not sure what the problem is with all of that but would be happy to help out.

#19 User is offline   Steve Halter 

• Mage

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

No, I meant that on the first page of the encyclopedia is:

Currently to edit the wiki you need to sign up for a pbwiki account here, and then request access to the wiki. The way to do this is to either send a PM message on the malazan empire forums to Imperial Historian or Hetan, email imperialhistorian@(nospam)gmail.com, or

The link on the word here is the one that is broken. All the links you mentioned are fine and easy.

#20 User is offline   Hetan 

• View gallery

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

Ah - thanks for pointing that out - I've changed that link now so it should be ok.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users