• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TCG - advance copies

#21 User is offline   Veilside 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Damnit. If you were using Mediawiki I would totally make awesome templates to use on pages :p

#22 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

View PostAbyss, on 12 January 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostHetan, on 11 January 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

I've asked for and have been granted some advance release copies of this book as competition prizes. This means you get your hands on the prize before Abyss....

I hate you Hetan.

- Abyss, means that in a nice hatey hate hate so hatefull of hater hate way. hate.

please tell me you are familiar with Dave Chappelles "player haters ball"?
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#23 User is offline   foolio 

• Emperor
  • about as popular as a whores dose of the face eater

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 12 January 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

I think we should just give one to MTS already. He's been on a quote rampage in the book forums for months now. The man is a machine.

agreed. Have noticed the same thing recently....
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter at the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...."

#24 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

Well, I've gathered all the necessary quotes I could find in RotCG for a Greymane entry, and about 150 pages into a re-read of SW, gathering quotes as I go, so should be ready to write soon. Also got a few on the Lady too. How's everyone else doing?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#25 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

I'm not sure what my final entry will be. I really have two irons in the fire right now: the first is my Shadowkeep/Deadhouse theory, which could use some fleshing out but I'm not sure how much more I can add; and second, the quote database project, which is really not a wiki entry per se, but it will have a page on the wiki and will hopefully be a useful tool. My goal is to get a working version of the quote program for Feb. 1. Would anyone be opposed to a computer program being my entry?
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#26 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Maybe I should finish up my cover/edition galleries that I started on last year...
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#27 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Just to let you know - there are three copies up for grabs guys... so post away.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#28 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

Okay this is all I have...I really don't have time to come up with anything else:

https://spreadsheets...=en&output=html

#29 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:15 AM

Ok, so I just finished typing my entry up in Word. Can I just post it here?
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#30 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

Fuck it, I'll post it here anyway.

Alright guys, my entry. Be warned, it's fairly long.

SW AND ROTCG SPOILERS
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS EVERYWHERE
IF YOU READ THIS YOU WILL BE SPOILED
SPOILED BEYOND ALL IMAGINATION
AND NOT THE GOOD KIND EITHER LIKE THOSE RICH KIDS WHO GET EVERYTHING
BAD SPOILED, LIKE WHEN YOU OPEN A CARTON OF CURDLED MILK AND YOU VOMIT EVERYWHERE BECAUSE THE SMELL IS SO BAD
OR LIKE WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR CHEESE OUT FOR TOO LONG AND IT GOES MOULDY, OR...ERHM...ITS JUST REALLY BAD ALRIGHT!?
IN FACT I'M GOING TO PUT IT IN SPOILER TAGS BECAUSE I HAVE NO FAITH IN HUMANITY

Spoiler

This post has been edited by MTS: 25 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

#31 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

May want to blacken that, MTS. Some of it is pretty hard to avoid for those who haven't read it.

#32 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 24 January 2011 - 11:56 PM, said:

May want to blacken that, MTS. Some of it is pretty hard to avoid for those who haven't read it.

Better? :p

#33 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

View PostMTS, on 25 January 2011 - 12:03 AM, said:

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 24 January 2011 - 11:56 PM, said:

Better? :p

:p

Don't know why I said "blacken" either, as if we haven't moved on to spoiler boxes.

#34 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

And mine...
GREYFROG

SPOILERS UNBLOCKED SPOILERS SPOILERS
WILL EAT YOUR BRAINS SPOILERS
HOC, TB, RG SPOILERS

Spoiler

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#35 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

Nice work guys - keep 'em coming - there's another week before this competition closes - the books will be sent to you directly by Transworld and will be posted to anywhere - USA, Canada, Africa, Australia etc etc. :p
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#36 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:56 AM

I'm just going to attach mine as pdf file if that's alright. The topic is Korel, spoilers up to SW.

link: Attached File  Korel - Wiki Entry.pdf (607.28K)
Number of downloads: 40

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#37 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Surely someone can do better than this?!

#38 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

I wasn't going to enter this, but I had a few free hours, and malaclypses call inspired me.

My effort, the Tiste Andii, thanks to Corporal Nobbs, Isolde, Onrack, Puck and Michael Komarck whose images I have shamelessly pilfered.

I still need to extract a few quotes and stick them on that page, but I thought I'd post it now as I'm taking a break for a bit.

Hopefully there will be a few more efforts by the time I get back.

EDIT: also I'm sure hetan would appreciate it if people signed up and added there entry to the wiki themselves, it's pretty easy to do

#39 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

You put all of that together in a few hours? :w00t:

I was meaning to add my entry to the wiki right after I did it, but forgot for some reason. It's up there now.

#40 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

I've had a little trouble with my entry, since I've misplaced my HoC and TtH copies, and I don't want to grab ebook ones, so I've had to... improvise... from memory. Yes. That's what I had to do.

Spoiler

EDIT: Uh, yeah, IH, I think I need to leave off adding my entry to the official wiki for a bit. Just a hunch.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 30 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users