• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TCG - advance copies

#61 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

I'm going to laugh when the Postal Service loses all 3 of your books (Bribes? What bribes?) and the rest of us Regular Jerkoffs get our copies first!

Congratulations
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#62 User is offline   p1000 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Practically anything I come across.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

Can the winners tell us stuff before the release date? How can they not!? Could they give us a (spoiler free) review as part of the deal? Three more opinions on the book would be great for whetting the apatites of the rest of us. As long as they don't start teasing us......
PK.

#63 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

If it's any consolation, considering the length of time it takes for things to get to Australia from UK/US/Canada, I probably won't get it before UK release anyway, since it's only 2 and a bit weeks away and it generally takes things that long at least to get here (unless Transworld generously use express postage? :p).
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#64 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

View Postp1000, on 05 February 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

Can the winners tell us stuff before the release date? How can they not!? Could they give us a (spoiler free) review as part of the deal? Three more opinions on the book would be great for whetting the apatites of the rest of us. As long as they don't start teasing us......

We won't spoil anything, but I'll definitely give my comments on how I felt about it (I won't call it a review as I will be extremely biased and unprofessional) and I'm sure the others will, too.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#65 User is offline   p1000 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Practically anything I come across.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

Great! I'd be delighted to hear your personal views, for one (and ansible's and MTS's, whenever they get their's), lookin forward to it. Just received all 3 Esslemont books yesterday; nearly finished NoK and hoping to finish the other two before the big arrival. I'd be going mad waiting, otherwise. Surely the book'll get to Oz in less than twoannabit weeks? It only used to take like six weeks from Ireland by boat and things are supposed to have come on a bit since then. Hope it gets to you soon anyway, you did put in work for it after all. Congrats to all three of ye!
PK.

#66 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:08 AM

*shrugs* I'm just going by how long it took DoD to get here when I won it off Pat. If it gets here before that then great.

Will definitely post my thoughts though.

This post has been edited by MTS: 06 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#67 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

I just got my review copy, so I expect you guys will receive yours soon, if you haven't already.

#68 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

View PostHetan, on 11 January 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

I've asked for and have been granted some advance release copies of this book as competition prizes. This means you get your hands on the prize before Abyss....

View PostAbyss, on 25 February 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

GOT IT!

Posted Image

May have accidentally read the first 100 pages.

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

Mine arrived about an hour before Abyss... that's cutting it close! :)

This post has been edited by D'rek: 25 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users