• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wanted: Malazan Podcasting Volunteers

#21 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

View PostMacros, on 18 January 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

I can understand myself perfectly, and dno't see anything fun about my accent. If you imagine lucky the leprechaun then you're about 17 miles from the target and a bloody idiot, my accents not that strong and no-one from Ireland actually talks like that.
Well some people do but they're from the far end of the country.
I was jesting when I volunteered my services, only 2 people at the BBQ could understand everything I said, and paleman is from Ireland so he doesnt really count.

Crap, man, I thought you were half-serious.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#22 User is offline   zenMichael 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

for what it's worth, i have multiple mics (with a pop filter!) and a love for the malazan series. follow the links in my sig for samples of my voice in the riffs we do (i'm the voice ON EVERY TRACK--oh, except Karate Kid, I guess). I also did a podcast years ago (most of which is still up at www.holynightmare.com ) but it was with older, crappier mics. I used to be a DJ and have been told I have a good voice, so I'd love to help out in any way/shape/form. I'll admit, I'm generally far too busy writing/editing on the Ice on Mars stuff so I doubt I'd be much help on that end, but recording vocals/leading discussions, etc., would seem like something I could easily & happily do.
Michael T Bradley
Ice on Mars: www.quiptracks.com
Realms Remembered: A chronological read-through (DR) of all the Forgotten Realms novels (youtube.com/rolereviewsal)

#23 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

I have no mic, and seriously, ask illy, you wouldn't understand a word

#24 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:12 AM

View PostMacros, on 18 January 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

I can understand myself perfectly, and dno't see anything fun about my accent. If you imagine lucky the leprechaun then you're about 17 miles from the target and a bloody idiot, my accents not that strong and no-one from Ireland actually talks like that.
Well some people do but they're from the far end of the country.
I was jesting when I volunteered my services, only 2 people at the BBQ could understand everything I said, and paleman is from Ireland so he doesn't really count.

I'm sure you would be perfectly intelligible ... if your sections were recorded and played back at 1/4 speed. :p

Get this guy off his current vices and replace with Malazcrack or Dresdencrack and you would have a sure-fire hit on your hands. Glad he has a day job now, but as a part of a podcast he would rock.

http://forum.malazan...showtopic=20495

This post has been edited by Sombra: 23 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25 User is offline   Whiskeyjack629 

• Sarge

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

Are you still interested in another host? If so, I'll send you a voice clip with some information about myself. I've got a decent mic that doesn't distort my voice too much and I've got a Canadian "accent" so I'm not too hard to understand.
"Do you ever wonder why we're here?'

#26 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

Yes, we're interested in hearing all submissions! I think the email address is in another thread, but malazanpodcast@yahoo.com is the place to send your submission, preferably recorded via Audacity, if possible. Thanks!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#27 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

Oh yeah, Silencer, my quick trial clip is there. Just email me back if you want me to work on anything. Like not calling for people who think Hood wants a wife to be beaten and having content instead.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#28 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yup, just listened to yours Illy - you'll get to see my initial reaction in the staff section, but it was great, you're in. :(

I'll set you and Zenmichael up with access to the staff room later today when I get a minute.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#29 User is offline   Whiskeyjack629 

• Sarge

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:25 AM

Voice clip sent. Thanks Silencer.

#30 User is offline   Jake 

• Corporal

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:38 AM

Whiskeyjack629, check your email, if you haven't.

Thanks!

#31 User is offline   Whiskeyjack629 

• Sarge

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

Thanks, Jake.

#32 User is offline   Oddball 

• The Oddball
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Put me down as a potential host, please. I've hosted three podcasts so far, and I wouldn't mind being involved, at least occasionally. If you'd like a sample, please PM me and I'll send in the link to one that's currently on hiatus (and it just so happens to be all about Fantasy).

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users