• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wanted: Malazan Podcasting Volunteers

#1 User is offline   Jake 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

Hello everyone, myself and Silencer are attempting to gain interest in and start a podcast all about, you guessed it, the Malazan Book of the Fallen! That's right, Steven Erikson's masterpiece of fantasy is going to have its own *ahem* official podcast. In order to undertake a project like this, we will need volunteers for various positions.

As of right now, we are aware of a need for:

Hosts: Anyone interested in this position must have a microphone (or be able to attain one) that does not heavily distort your voice. The primary job of the hosts are to discuss the prepared material and debate on topics pertaining to SE's books.
Possible hosts: Silencer, Illuyankas, HiddenOne*, Ansible, Roldom

Editors: As of yet I am unaware of the amount of work that will have to be put into this position. I will be testing it myself once this project becomes more concrete and we have the ability to record something for me to play around with.
Possible editors: HiddenOne, Ansible, Roldom

Writers: This position is a little vague, and may be unnecessary, but right now we feel it may be a good idea to come to the forums for ideas on segments for the podcast as well as theories and topics to discuss.
Possible writers: MTS
Feel free to reply to this topic if you are interested. Please specify what you would like to help with, and make my job easier.

This post has been edited by Jake: 16 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

#2 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Shameless Bump.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

Put me down as a tentative 'Host when I stop having the dumb and work out how to make my headset send sound to the right earpiece, e.g. the one that goes on the ear that actually functions', or HWISHTDAWOHTMMHSSTTREEGTOTGOTETAF for short.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

That's great, thanks Illy! I'll keep your name down somewhere...

*note to self: shameless bumping of topics DOES work...*

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

Well, I don't think I have a microphone for my comp(although I have a Rock Band mic? lol) so I'd be up for editing or writing or whatever.

This post has been edited by MTS: 11 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#6 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

And so I unveil my home studio with ProTools. Too bad my mic cables won't reach across the ocean. Can I have a fancy title, too?

Edit: Overlord has always had a special place in my heart.

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 11 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#7 User is offline   Jake 

• Corporal

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

HiddenOne, from what I understand, ProTools is a very nice piece of software that could be used for recording OR editing. Are you interested in being a host or an editor? As far as I know, location doesn't matter in being a host, we will most likely use Ventrilo or something similar to communicate.

Thanks for the interest everyone.

Jake

#8 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

I can def. be an editor, not sure about hosting yet. I'll have to look into Ventrilo, not familiar with it.

Somebody with vision needs to serve as a producer - think about it
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#9 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

This is a cool idea. I'd be interested in helping. Truthfully, I can assist almost wherever....I have mics and I'm familiar with Vent (though who wants to hear me ramble, I don't know). I'm familiar with ProTools as well, though it isn't set up on my current machine yet (soon). I used to do some sound design when I was a film student, so I wouldn't mind brushing up on ProTools and putting the podcast together.

I will be fairly busy until February (work + tCG wiki contest), but after that I'd be willing to participate.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#10 User is offline   Jake 

• Corporal

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

Alright Hidden, i'm putting you under editor and host with a *. Ansible i'll put you in for both editor and host as well. I'm glad so many people are interested!

Jake

#11 User is offline   pathos 

• Captain
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

Not too sure what i can do but willing to help out with stuff if you need.
You never have the same problem twice when you set it on fire

#12 User is offline   Roldom 

• Great Wizzard of High House Naughtiness

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

id love to help in anyway, maybe as a host (have working mic) or maybe as an editor
I did not like the catfish... - Karsa Orlong

The best detox is retox - drunken co-worker

#13 User is offline   Jake 

• Corporal

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the interest Roldom. Offtopic, your avatar is disturbing.

#14 User is offline   Roldom 

• Great Wizzard of High House Naughtiness

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:25 AM

your the second person to say that to me...maybe i should consider something else
I did not like the catfish... - Karsa Orlong

The best detox is retox - drunken co-worker

#15 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

View PostJake, on 16 January 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

Thanks for the interest Roldom. Offtopic, your avatar is disturbing.

Yes, the Luggage should not be without feet.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

I'm easily the most understandable person on the forum, and so am prime candidate for any podcastesque needs

#17 User is offline   Jake 

• Corporal

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

I see that your location is Ireland. Do you have a fun accent good sir?

#18 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Maybe instead of looking for understandable hosts, we need unintelligible ones. That would add a new element to the whole thing.

In which case, I would be ranked high on the list of candidates. Imagine dialogue full of local color, colloquialisms, with things like "Rake", "cusser" and "Crippled God" emerging from time to time.

:p

Edit: It's time to arrange auditions - short readings of ordained passages submitted via email, etc. Also those who want creative input need to send in a mock version of a first podcast.

Edit 2: @Silencer - can I have the key to the Executive Washroom, please? Can we use space on here to allow submittals to be uploaded, or is PM or email the answer?

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 18 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

#19 User is offline   Jake 

• Corporal

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

I appreciate all the input, Hidden, and I agree that some sort of try-outs need to happen soon. I'll get you the "key", Silencer is on vacation. I am being smashed with school work at the moment, but I will work on getting an email up as soon as possible. We can further discuss this in the private room. *Wink*

#20 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

I can understand myself perfectly, and dno't see anything fun about my accent. If you imagine lucky the leprechaun then you're about 17 miles from the target and a bloody idiot, my accents not that strong and no-one from Ireland actually talks like that.
Well some people do but they're from the far end of the country.
I was jesting when I volunteered my services, only 2 people at the BBQ could understand everything I said, and paleman is from Ireland so he doesnt really count.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users