Malazan Empire: Steven Spielberg's "Falling Skies" - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steven Spielberg's "Falling Skies" New Alien Invasion TV series.

#21 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

Saw ep 4. It was decent. I liked the skitter bedding down with the harnessed kids, how it seemed to show affection for them. There's a hint we may be going for something a little more complex here. I am intrigued enough to continue viewing.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#22 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Show just got picked up for a second season.
Color me stunned.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

View PostAbyss, on 11 July 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

Color me stunned.

It's TNT...the other shows they have done are garbage like HawthoRNe and Southland.

They haven't got much else. LOL I suppose that means they'll back any horse so long as it's genre and might interest people.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 July 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

Color me stunned.

It's TNT...the other shows they have done are garbage like HawthoRNe and Southland.

They haven't got much else. LOL I suppose that means they'll back any horse so long as it's genre and might interest people.

They should have just bought V from Fox, or maybe The Event from NBC.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

View PostAbyss, on 11 July 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 July 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

Color me stunned.

They should have just bought V from Fox, or maybe The Event from NBC.

HAha, indeed they should have.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26 User is offline   Wanderer 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Guitar, Film and TV and large and copious amounts of alcohol.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

Still watching this, sadly. I was hoping it would pick up somewhat and become vaguely interesting but it just keep draaaaaaaaaaagging.

If we don't see some larger picture stuff with other resistance cells or at least a bit of a scene change ( How freaking long have they been in that school???? The school that looks untouched....not even a little bit. After an alien invasion??? REALLLY?) then I'm quitting.

On a positive note , anyone who likes gritty BBC Dramas should check out The Shadow Line with the Agent from Serenity and Christopher Eccleston.

#27 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

View PostWanderer, on 15 July 2011 - 10:05 PM, said:

( How freaking long have they been in that school???? The school that looks untouched....not even a little bit. After an alien invasion??? REALLLY?) then I'm quitting.

My mate and I were laughing at that the fact that you've got guards with guns stood on the roof of the school building... surely the all powerful aliens would of noticed this by now...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#28 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Wait...

Last episode SANCTUARY P1 actually delivered for me, it had most of the hallmarks of good television. Tension, drama and scope. I'm hoping this is a sign of a turning point in season 1 and it'll continue to improve.

Still, there's not much else on is the reason I'm still watching. LOL

#29 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

Agreed. This was a decent ep, even though you could see "the shocking cliffhanger reveal" coming all the way down the Mass Turnpike.

Maybe it's nostalgia for '80s post-apocalyptic stuff, but I find myself rooting for this show to keep going. Since they've apparently already be re-upped for S2, let's see what they can make of it.

I was disappointed that Pope returns. Oh well, you knew that was coming.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#30 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

Sarah Carter's in it? Hell, I'll give it a go. Not that I'm shallow or anything.

#31 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

View PostSerenity, on 27 July 2011 - 07:16 AM, said:

Sarah Carter's in it? Hell, I'll give it a go. Not that I'm shallow or anything.

I am, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'll watch pretty much anything she's in...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#32 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

View PostPennyapt, on 28 December 2010 - 09:47 AM, said:

Because they want our delicious meat, work power, baby tears or something. The best version of this is still in Dark Angel with Dolph Lundgren where a space drug dealer is harvesting our brains for our endorphins.

Have you not seen the pinnacle of filmmaking that is known as "Bad Taste"??? Now that's how you redeem the human race
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#33 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 28 July 2011 - 10:01 AM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 27 July 2011 - 07:16 AM, said:

I am, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'll watch pretty much anything she's in...

Glad I'm not the only one ;)

#34 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

I am actually starting to really enjoy this series much more now and if the preview to next weeks episode is anything to go by... then sign me up for season 2!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#35 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

The latest ep had its dumb moments, but some unexpected goodness in there too. Mike getting killed off-screen and staying dead. Tom and Weaver's trap for Clayton. Mike's funeral and the "shocking" reveal about his son.

Apparently only two more eps to go this season, so we'll see how it finishes up.

#36 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Well, as was hinted in ep 2, the skitters are not in charge of the invasion.

Nice that we're finally getting a run-up to an attack. Interesting to see the structure over Boston closer-up than we have. Some sort of landing platform for additional invaders? Refueling depot?

I did not see the "skitters were harnessed" angle coming. So, were they harnessed ex-humans, or some other species? Will the ex-harnessed kids transform into skitters eventually?

Good to see Fringe's Nina Sharp (can't remember the actress' real name) as crazy shut-in lady. Somewhat wasted in the role, but I guess you gotta work somewhere while your main show is taking a break.

Pope as ordnance expert was a bit of a stretch for me, but acting-wise it was a decent turn I guess.

Looking forward to the 2-hour season finale next week.

#37 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Well, the finale was good...up until it stopped making sense (from the mechs attacking the school on).

Actually, even before it stopped making sense it was partly not making sense. Weaver is poorly written and I don't care for Will Patton as an actor - he's like a blue-collar William Hurt, and I hate William Hurt. Weaver is clearly a character driven by the plot, not the other way around.

But pretty much the entire last 15-20 mins of the finale made absolutely no sense.

I was looking forward to Season 2, now I'm not sure.

#38 User is offline   Icarium Kalam 

• Shield Anvil
  • the picture is by Merlkir

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

View PostNyapt Cat, on 28 December 2010 - 09:47 AM, said:

Because they want our delicious meat, work power, baby tears or something. The best version of this is still in Dark Angel with Dolph Lundgren where a space drug dealer is harvesting our brains for our endorphins.

I though the movie was called (We Come in Peace)
(Jen'isand Rul, the Wanderer within the Sword)
'I am the Shield Anvil.' I am Fener's grief. I am the world's grief. And I will hold. I will hold it all, for we are not yet done. <Itkovian>
'We are not born innocent, simply unmeasured.' <Hull Beddict>
'Because a god visits her, Fist. He comes to break her heart. Again and again.'<Nether>
'Fucking dragon.' <Fiddler>
Take my breath. But not this one, not this one. <Apsalar>
'Aye.' It's a good word. I think. More a whole attitude than a word, really. With lots of meaning in it, too. A bit of 'yes' and a bit of 'well fuck' and maybe some 'we're all in this together.' So a word to some up the Malazans. <Sunrise>

#39 User is offline   moridin 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

View PostIcarium Kalam, on 13 August 2011 - 12:44 AM, said:

View PostNyapt Cat, on 28 December 2010 - 09:47 AM, said:

I though the movie was called (We Come in Peace)

If I remember it right, I think it was later renamed as Dark Angel or something. I have seen that exact same movie under both names. Typically bad Dolph lundgren movie, lol.

#40 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Thread necro!

So, the Season 2 premiere was last night. Only saw the first half of it, but looks good. The effects appeared better than last season, maybe they have a bigger budget this go round.

Is anyone buying that
Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users