• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who's your Favourite Charecter!?!

#201 User is offline   Cult of Fiddler 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

Kruppe and Tool are great. But my favs are the Army "corp". I love Fiddler. Even from the beginning. ( shocked with my name, right!). But Quick Ben and Kalam and Whiskeyjack are just awesome.

#202 User is offline   Tru 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:48 AM

This is a tough one for this book...I think my favorite in this one is Quick Ben, for the shear ability to outwit and overcome seemingly impossible odds. but I have to give a nod to Kruppe

#203 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

Kruppe has such amazing lines in this book. My favorite quote from the series for a long time was when he was watching the gathering with silverfox and the tian. One of the Imass says something and waits for silverfox to reply, she takes a while, kruppe tries to interject some wisdom and she asks him not to and he responds by saying... "my apologies, please resume your hesitation" Ive always loved that line from him.

#204 User is offline   Tru 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

theocean, on 13 November 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

Kruppe has such amazing lines in this book. My favorite quote from the series for a long time was when he was watching the gathering with silverfox and the tian. One of the Imass says something and waits for silverfox to reply, she takes a while, kruppe tries to interject some wisdom and she asks him not to and he responds by saying... "my apologies, please resume your hesitation" Ive always loved that line from him.

Now, having read through several of these books, the one thing I regret is not making a notation of the great quotes through the series thus far. I read them all on my Kindle so it's not hard to simply highlight and save my favorite quotes. Perhaps on my second read through i will make it a point to do that. I know Kruppe has so many great quote, the one you mention is classic Kruppe.

#205 User is offline   Buke 

• Recruit

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

The comedy stylings of Ormulogun and Gumble. There's some meta-brilliance there that I just can't get enough of.

#206 User is offline   Nerevar 

• Recruit

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

Remembering back to when I originally read this - and I really can't wait for the first reread! - I was very taken with Itkovian and his sacrifice. It was truly a "big" moment that mirrored Coltaine in the previous book very nicely, and the fact that Itkovian was made a likeable, human and heroic character when he could have easily been shown as too powerful or too far removed from the everyday human experience ... the damn finesse of it!

Bauchelain and Korbal Broach are brilliantly conceived as well, the crackling banter of the series really starts to jump off the page with this book. I have all five novellas purchased and waiting for me to get stuck in.

Toc was extremely moving, unforgettable really. Kruppe is great. But for me Quick Ben, Hedge, Mallet, Picker, Blend and the rest are the stars of the show - even with all the madness going on around them they are always the most memorable to read.

#207 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

Just wait till you start reading the novellas. They are hilarously interesting. One of the reasons MoI as a book is so poular I think is because it has so many great characters in it. SE usually has a great cast no matter what but Itkovian is a great voice to follow and the Bridgeburners are well the Bridgeburners.

#208 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

All that's well and good, but who is your favorite character?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#209 User is offline   Nerevar 

• Recruit

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

TLDR, stars of the show, Bridgeburners. QB being my pick for most entertaining and interesting.

#210 User is offline   Nerevar 

• Recruit

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:42 PM

And yes, looking forward to the novellas. Read the opening to the first one on, I think, Tor.com, great setup.

#211 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:44 PM

So you are stating right now, definitively, without hedging or reservation, that Quick Ben is your favorite character?

#212 User is offline   Nerevar 

• Recruit

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

I was going to say yes, but your use of the word 'hedging' made me think of Hedge.

Let me get back to you.

#213 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

Sonuva...!

#214 User is offline   Disgruntled 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:25 AM

Gruntle, of course!

#215 User is offline   paradanmellow 

• Unaligned Card
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:art, psychology, potatoes
  • walking the shores of lake Azur

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

Whiskeyjack, on 05 January 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

I'm gonna say Raest, based on one short conversation with Ganoes Paran. I prefer the passages that make laugh above those that make me angry or sad.

Yes, there's subtle humor here and there. Not so subtle when Picker makes fun of Spindle, but when it comes to teasing a Jaghut Tyrant, Paran is such an asshole. :apt:

Jester, on 29 September 2005 - 02:25 AM, said:

I have to admit, I like all the characters with the exception of kallor. he's just a-hole. but if I had to choose. I would have to Pick Rake. come on, his name alone is cool. Anomander Rake , Lord of Moon's Spawn, Son of Darkness, Knight of Darkness. Now would you even mess with anyone with those Titles?

Amen! To paraphrase from Toll the Hounds, "son of this, lord of that".

Hetan was also very cool. What she did to Kruppe is memorable. Also Spindle and Blend, the first because he's so repulsive in a sweet way and the second because she's a natural stalker. Korlat and Whiskeyjack fared very well together, strong couple, very nice. Have I mentioned Rake?

This post has been edited by paradanmellow: 04 August 2015 - 07:59 PM

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

#216 User is offline   Faradan Sort 

• Recruit

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

Itkovian , Quick Ben, Gruntle, Tool, Lady Envy , Paran, Hetan Posted Image

#217 User is offline   Excidius 

• Eighteenth Level Initiate
  • Interests:Prog Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Muse, Medieval History [1000 - 1200], Video Gaming, Comic Books, Creative Writing.
  • Call me Ex, if you will. Thanks.

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:13 PM

My top five in no particular order would be:

Itkovian
Mok
Hetan
Anomander Rake
Trotts

#218 User is offline   Azredhead 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:38 PM

This is my first post. I am sorry it has to be a negative one. And since I did not see a "who is your least favorite character" I will have to vent here. First, so far, I have been enthralled and enchanted by all the characters, even the villains, up to this point. I am at the beginning of part 3 of Memories of Ice and by the barrow, there better be a good reason to keep The Mhybe around because frankly, she is ruining this book for me. I want to feel bad for her. But I just cannot! Omg! The sniveling and whining! Please someone, just kill her off! No please do not reply with spoilers. My son ruins Dr Who for me all the time as it is.

#219 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:52 PM

You know what they say: If you don't like someone, kill them.

#220 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:25 AM

Azredhead, on 13 December 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

This is my first post. I am sorry it has to be a negative one. And since I did not see a "who is your least favorite character" I will have to vent here. First, so far, I have been enthralled and enchanted by all the characters, even the villains, up to this point. I am at the beginning of part 3 of Memories of Ice and by the barrow, there better be a good reason to keep The Mhybe around because frankly, she is ruining this book for me. I want to feel bad for her. But I just cannot! Omg! The sniveling and whining! Please someone, just kill her off! No please do not reply with spoilers. My son ruins Dr Who for me all the time as it is.

Don't worry, everyone has felt the same about the Mhybe. Keep on reading

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users