• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who's your Favourite Charecter!?!

#141 User is offline   Sandro 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

Whiskeyjack. Rest his soul.
Tool, yes I always am eager to hear more of his adventures.
Gruntle, you never know what, or who, he's gonna do next.
Quick Ben, to see what crazy magic SE has dreamt up.

#142 User is offline   Denerynn 

• Recruit

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:53 AM

There are so many, I don't know where to begin... SE truly knows how to create good characters, and he has quite a cast.
And I'm only mentioning those from MoI and below, so as to not spoil anything.

In no particular order :

-Ganoes Paran, for being noble (in a good way), smart, yet just as ignorant as the world around him, as much as the reader. he struggles to keep up with people who know more than they let on, and ascendants and gods.
-ANY of the Bridgeburners, they're awesome, I really wish there was a bit more focus on them.
-Quick Ben is by far my favourite... He soul-shifted 12 souls into himself, granting him mastery of 12 warrens and the mastery achieved by each of the mages (or so I think). No one else has ever achieved that. His knowledge
of the world is also enormous.
-Fiddler
-Mallet
-Trotts
-Hedge
-Anomander Rake. Doesn't get any more badass than him. He may seem ruthless, arrogant, yet he is honourable (as shown by Whiskeyjack) and noble, intelligent and powerful.
-Kruppe, for his intelligence and his verbal prowess, his eloquence.
-Whiskeyjack, for obvious reasons.
-Itkovian, for being honourable, compassionate, noble.
-Toc the Younger, for reasons similar to Ganoes.
-Tool
-Murillio and Coll
-Baruk
-Tattersail
-Gruntle and Stonny
-Mappo and Icarium
-Iskaral Pust, for reasons similar to Kruppe
-Apsalar
-Twist
-Hetan and Cafal
-The seerdomin who helps Toc at Coral, who shows him kindness
-Gesler, Truth and Stormy
-Kulp

The list goes on.

#143 User is offline   Jegna Til 

• Jegna Til
  • Interests:Many. Reading, writing, astronomy, cooking, hiking, movies. <br /><br />I won't provide my email, but ask and you might receive

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:56 AM

MoI was an incredible book, because it tied the storylines of GotM and DG together and brought most of the elements to a good ending. But to rank all of them, well my faves are in this order
Fiddler/Strings
Toc, I wish he'd been able to escape the Pannion intact, he's a noble sou l
Gruntle and Stormy, they're a great pair
Quick Ben, Kalam and Apsalar
remember QB is black skinned, I sort of picture him looking like a darker Samuel L Jackson

the least favorite, Kruppe. I don't care how eloquent he is, he rambles when he hould be erudite, he prefers quantiy of words not quality. He's like my bro, he just rambles.
Death is the only portal.

#144 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:00 AM

View PostJegna Til, on Mar 23 2009, 01:56 AM, said:

MoI was an incredible book, because it tied the storylines of GotM and DG together and brought most of the elements to a good ending. But to rank all of them, well my faves are in this order
Fiddler/Strings
Toc, I wish he'd been able to escape the Pannion intact, he's a noble sou l
Gruntle and Stormy, they're a great pair
Quick Ben, Kalam and Apsalar
remember QB is black skinned, I sort of picture him looking like a darker Samuel L Jackson

the least favorite, Kruppe. I don't care how eloquent he is, he rambles when he hould be erudite, he prefers quantiy of words not quality. He's like my bro, he just rambles.

Curious. Do you not like Iskaral Pust as well?

Kruppe... is a unique character. The point of his verbal diarrhea is that it allows him to say little while saying much. He is a brilliant man, and probably causes as much confusion and consternation as laughs.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#145 User is offline   Seras 

• Wicked Sick
  • View gallery
  • Interests:MBotF, Anime, Hockey, Strawberry Icecream, Parkour, Piano, Gaming, Music

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

after reading this book again, my favourite character from MoI would have to be Itkovian
from my point of view, hes a really selfless guy, always really polite and nice
he took on other's burdens without a word of complaint
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Grief: 01 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

Lives and loves, the gamut of existence was marked by such things. A breaking of paths, the ragged, uneven ever-forward stumble. Blood dried, eventually. Turned to dust. The corpses of kings were laid down and sealed in darkness and set away, to be forgotten. Graves were dug for fallen soldiers, vast pits like mouths in the earth, opened in hunger, and all the bodies were tumbled down, each exhaling a last gasp of lime dust. Survivors grieved, for a time, and looked upon empty rooms and empty beds, the scattering of possessions no-one possessed any longer, and wondered what was to come, what would be written anew on the wiped-clean slate. Wondering, how can I go on?

#146 User is offline   Nether 

• Corporal
  • View gallery

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

There are so many characters to choose from even if it is from MoI only. I see there are a lot of Rake lovers here, which is no surprise since he was one of my favorites in GotM, but I have since reading MoI, found him to be a rather dull character. Also the fact that everyone seems to find him so cool and powerful, just proves the fact that Emoma... sorry Anomander Rake is the Sephiroth of MBotF. :lol:

My personal favorite of all time is of course Quick Ben. Such a scheming bugger with new stuff to be unveiled of him in every book.
My sympathy points go to Paran and Toc the Younger, and I find Toc to be very easy for me to relate to.
I addition I think both the seguleh and the Mott Irregulars as a whole are just fantastic. Especially the Irregulars.
No, my username has nothing to do with a certain wickan warlock. The damned biach stole my username as far as I know.

#147 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

My favourite character would have to be Shadowthrone, with Pust and Whiskeyjack close 2nds. Just so many hilarious moments, and Whiskeyjack is, well...Whiskeyjack lol 'nuff said.

The Avowed are some of my favourites too.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#148 User is offline   highfist Void 

• Recruit

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:49 AM

the usual suspects: wiskeyjack, rake, bridgeburners, kalem and quick.
korlat, kallor, caldan brood

#149 User is offline   Wobba 

• Recruit

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

View Post' date='Jul 10 2003, 05:13 AM said:

My favourite is Tool! Hes so darn awesome! I mean look at him skeleton type dude with a wicked sword! Who's your favourite?

Every Rose has a thorn... Except mine! Because im the best!

Tool
Quick Ben
Lady Envy
Whiskeyjack

All major characters for me in MOI. Some SERIOUS asskicking in this book. Loved it.

#150 User is offline   Sirchicken 

• Recruit

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:17 AM

Favorite MoI character... I'd probably have to say Itkovian. I mean, yeah a lot of guys (Tool and Whiskeyjack especially) are just plain awesome, but I really liked the tragic tale of Itkovian's role in the war. Like Erayle said, he's selfless, polite, and nice. He also had a part in some of the saddest (and best) parts of the whole book. He's the one that feels the full impact of the fall of the Grey Swords, first when the Destriant dies healing him and then when Brukhalian makes his noble sacrifice in the face of Rath'Fener's betrayal.

Course, there is a truckload of beastly characters in MoI, so here are some other favorites:
-Toc the Younger (he's so awesome! I wish he didn't get so jacked up in the Domin, that was pretty sad)
-Tool (A beast in everyway)
-Whiskeyjack (Same here, but twenty times more so!)
-Anomander Rake (A total badass, but full of wisdom from years of experience)
-Ganoes Paran (I don't know, he just reacts a lot like I would. If gods kept on screwing with my life, I'd be pissed, too)
-The Seerdomin that helps Toc the Younger at Coral (He really left an impression on me. His kind act was really special, especially after you see what the other Pannions do)

I don't know what to say about Kruppe. He has some funny sayings, but he's just freakin' weird. It's almost like he's retarded. I still don't know what the heck he's doing and I'm usually pretty good at following the story. He's OK once in a while, but he gets old really quick.

#151 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain
  • Interests:Reading and Writing pretty much dominate this section.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

Ganoes Paran and Toc the Younger, they always get me to read more. This happens more so with Paran but they're both awsome in the sense they are reluctant to be where they are but they are not incompetent.
The world needs hypocrites...unfortunate but true.

#152 User is offline   Sanctume 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Reading

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Rake - he's just total badass. kills an elder god, stole his uber sword. had a floating fortress, a badass dragon himself with his own dragon followers.
If I were to plkay D&D, id' like a campaign to fight him :thumbsup:

Paran - I thought his character development is quite unique. Noble born solider, god intervention resurrection, got a bad ass hound in him, can travel anywhere, has a jaghut housekeeper, and master of the deck.

Quick Ben - well played mage with bad ass arsenal of multiple warrens and souls. Combined with Paran, he's capable of big things.

#153 User is offline   detritus 

• Captain

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

From MoI I think it may be Lady Envy.

#154 User is offline   No-God 

• Fist

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:48 AM

Itkovian is one of the best, most emotional characters I've read in any series. He has a pure sense of honor that I admire.

#155 User is offline   Rasp 

• Recruit

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

From MoI I'd have to say Toc the Younger. He's got such a great sense of humor. Especially the moments shared between Tool and Lady Envy. Much like him, Quick Ben impresses me with his extremely witty banter.

Also, I surprised myself by really looking forward to the adventures of Gruntle in the story. I didn't think I'd get into his character nearly as much as I did. Those twin cutlasses eh! The tenement of corpses!
'Assuage your needs, young man. The jug contains Saltoan white wine, suitably chilled.' - Lady Envy

#156 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

In MoI

1) Brukhalian - real Mortal Sword, no cheap title
2) Gruntle - distant, a little arrogant...so, real picture of Tiger:)
3) Toc - one of best characters in whole series and in future...so no spoilers, who read knows.
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#157 User is offline   Rakebitten 

• #1 Dad, with a mug to prove it.
  • Interests:Hiking, Fishing, Sports, Reading (obviously), My Family, and a good India Pale Ale

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

In this book, Gruntle gets my vote. If I had to pick one from the series, though, that would be tough...Se can write and develop a character better than anyone I've read, and my list would be waaay too long,
There's a time to parley...this is not that time.

#158 User is offline   Ganoes_Paran 

• Recruit

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

Ganoes by a HUGE margin for mine B)

#159 User is offline   Nina 

• Recruit
  • Interests:history, languages, Celtic studies, anime, books

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

In MoI:

Tool, as always ))

Itkovian - he is one who genuinely cares about people. I even think that the attempt to explain his personality from his family history at the end is totally unnecessary - he is just as he is, I believe this is an innate quality.

Kallor. Sorry, I can't help to sympatize with him ))

Anomander Rake - because here you start to feel that he has a personality about him, and this a likeable personality, and he is not just a very cool sort of guy with a very cool sword as in GotM.

This post has been edited by Nina: 05 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

#160 User is offline   Vien Kush 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Little baby ducks, Old pick-up trucks, Slow moving trains and Planes

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

Taking this book by itself: Tool (comes into his own in this book)
Gruntle (ooo those damn nasty cutlases, cutlii, cuttlery?)
Itkovian (makes a grown man want to weep)

One of these also make my top 6 for the series and on a side note I really love the 'supporting' cast for this novel especially Gruntle's Lt.

This post has been edited by Vien Kush: 15 September 2009 - 12:54 PM

The Devil and His had me down,
In love with the dark side I'd found,
dabbling all the way down,
up to my neck soon to drown.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic