Malazan Empire: Stay the f&*k out of this thread if you want to avoid spoilers... - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stay the f&*k out of this thread if you want to avoid spoilers... Innocent stuff, true, but you have been warned... Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

View Postpat5150, on 18 October 2010 - 03:35 PM, said:

Rillish' presence is not at all surprising when you discover the man's back story... ;)

You mean this hinted-at backstory?

He thought of the barrels of wine ageing beneath the great manor house, the countless families who lived on and worked those lands.
All lost to him. Lost to Rillish Jal Keth, the family traitor.

Sounds like it could be cool. On the other hand, I don't want Rillish to be in it because then he might die and leave Talia and the baby all alone! :)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#42 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

View PostD, on 25 October 2010 - 07:10 PM, said:

... On the other hand, I don't want Rillish to be in it because then he might die and leave Talia and the baby all alone! ;)

I have to say Rillish's story, including with Talia, was way more enjoyable on the second read. I always liked the Wickan elements his storyline gave us, but he is actually an interesting character on his own as a soldier trying to do the right thing in an impossible situation.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#43 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

View PostAbyss, on 25 October 2010 - 07:25 PM, said:

View PostD, on 25 October 2010 - 07:10 PM, said:

... On the other hand, I don't want Rillish to be in it because then he might die and leave Talia and the baby all alone! :)

I have to say Rillish's story, including with Talia, was way more enjoyable on the second read. I always liked the Wickan elements his storyline gave us, but he is actually an interesting character on his own as a soldier trying to do the right thing in an impossible situation.

I really like his interaction with Nil and Nether - unlike everyone in HoC, Rillish doesn't know they are century-old reborn warlocks, so Rillish's surprise towards their maturity (and adult banter) is genuine, despite Rillish misunderstanding them (he's all like "You grew up fast because of desperate times you poor kids"). He's such a nice guy and now I'm going to dread turning every page of Stonewielder because he might die on the next one! ;)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#44 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

Can't say anything about Rillish without spoilers. . .

He really doesn't have it easy in Stonewielder and that's a fact. . .

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users