• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

is tool a bonecaster ? Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

So, leave it now please. No more. Not interested. Not caring. PM works well...

For Tool - wasnt he just First Sword of one clan? My memories are iced. But I think that SE will bring back some his GotMism powers with final climax and Kilava-badass :)
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#42 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hetan has read the last book and hints at Tool being an absolute badass in the last book, cannot wait!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#43 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

View PostTattersail, on 20 September 2010 - 09:11 AM, said:

Hetan has read the last book and hints at Tool being an absolute badass in the last book, cannot wait!

Yeah, we hate her...all of us...:)
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#44 User is offline   Excellence 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:04 AM

Kilava is alive after 300,000yrs because Onrack painted her on some cave wall, and what is painted has some magic properties. Neither knew that at that time, and the nest day they Ritualed and blasted the 4 Tyrants gathering for some streetfighter action.

While the hag Ethil chose to become undead like her adopted spawn, Kilava has evolved during the ages and grown, as Dust of Dreams noted.

She talked about flinting a new sword from the mountain ranges end of Memories of Ice and aspecting it for him.

I still haven't worked out why Tool freed Raest. Was he compelled to by the Empress? If clanless and thus not really controllable like the rest of his brethern, why did he?
If there were no smart people others wouldn't feel inadequate.

Right?

#45 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

Hey I missed some drama, wth? I'd love to know the logic behind what Worrywort said, if someone could PM me about it I'd appreciate it :)

Anyways, quote-fu for the win, he's not a Bonecaster, though has a strong tie to Tellan as the chosen champion of an entire people.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#46 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

View PostUlrik, on 20 September 2010 - 08:51 AM, said:

So, leave it now please. No more. Not interested. Not caring. PM works well...

For Tool - wasnt he just First Sword of one clan? My memories are iced. But I think that SE will bring back some his GotMism powers with final climax and Kilava-badass :)

No, he was definitely the First Sword of all the T'lan Imass. Enough evidence of that in DoD when he meets T'lan Imass that weren't part of his clan and they still talk about him as their First Sword
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#47 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Not much

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

Or that T'lann Imass with the swords in her chest who survived Assail and meets Envy in MoI and is Kerluhn( I think) and also calls him the First Sword.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#48 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

Oh yeah, I remember now...
- Fiddler

#49 User is offline   Harvester 

• Evil Baron Kitty of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

View PostHetan, on 07 September 2010 - 07:27 AM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 07 September 2010 - 07:04 AM, said:

The GotM Tool was a hell of a lot more powerful than the T'lan Imass seem to be later on in the books. He had a magic killing warren that stretched across half a continent.

Maybe being a First Sword grants special abilities or maybe it's best to just not think too much about it.

Just to whet your appetites a bit - TCG delivers - big time! :)

D: How do you know that?... WITCH!

*envious* :p

#50 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

Just to clarify Tool's position.

'He is a champion of sorts, isn't he?'
'Among the T'lan Imass, Tool is something unique. You have no idea of the power - the strength - he possesses.'(MoI)
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#51 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

View PostHetan, on 22 September 2010 - 07:14 AM, said:

'Among the T'lan Imass, Tool is something unique. You have no idea of the power - the strength - he possesses.'(MoI)

You are a harsh, harsh, Mistress. :)

Hetan's cryptic statements about Tool makes me think that he is going to end Olar Ethil. This has a flavor that reminds me of Erikson.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#52 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

immense, Hetan, I like it. Tool the Badass!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#53 User is offline   Seras 

• Wicked Sick
  • View gallery
  • Interests:MBotF, Anime, Hockey, Strawberry Icecream, Parkour, Piano, Gaming, Music

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

Interesting, I was always under the impression that Tool was holding back, first with the fight against Mok in MoI, and then with the Senan's challenges in DoD (I don't think it was a bluff when he asked Bakal if it was alright for a Warleader to slay a thousand of his warriors just to prove it point, heh)
Lives and loves, the gamut of existence was marked by such things. A breaking of paths, the ragged, uneven ever-forward stumble. Blood dried, eventually. Turned to dust. The corpses of kings were laid down and sealed in darkness and set away, to be forgotten. Graves were dug for fallen soldiers, vast pits like mouths in the earth, opened in hunger, and all the bodies were tumbled down, each exhaling a last gasp of lime dust. Survivors grieved, for a time, and looked upon empty rooms and empty beds, the scattering of possessions no-one possessed any longer, and wondered what was to come, what would be written anew on the wiped-clean slate. Wondering, how can I go on?

#54 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:08 AM

View PostErayle, on 22 September 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

Interesting, I was always under the impression that Tool was holding back, first with the fight against Mok in MoI,

He wasn't holding back, the top ranked Seguleh are just that awesome. Mok is a rival to the 1st position.

#55 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

View PostHetan, on 22 September 2010 - 07:14 AM, said:

In a sense, T'ool was th Mortal Sword of the entire Imass race, and then the T'lan Imass. In theory, he's the martial champion of the entire tellan ritual.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#56 User is offline   Luzburg 

• Master Exploder

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 23 September 2010 - 06:08 AM, said:

Interesting, I was always under the impression that Tool was holding back, first with the fight against Mok in MoI,

He wasn't holding back, the top ranked Seguleh are just that awesome. Mok is a rival to the 1st position.

Now he has rage to power him. I keep thnking Icari-tool when I think of him.

#57 User is offline   Blacksox 

• Captain

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Tool was fighting Mok down to Moks level.

Mok proved to be the superior swordsman, but Tool was not using any of his other powers. It was a battle of sword skills, not overall potency.

#58 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:33 AM

View PostBlacksox, on 17 January 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

Mok proved to be the superior swordsman, but Tool was not using any of his other powers. It was a battle of sword skills, not overall potency.

However, Tool's other powers are most likely latent abilities. He isn't like Dassem, or Rake, where you are thinking "umm, why doesn't he just blast his opponent into oblivion rather than swordfight him? I think Tool is just an amazing swordsman, who happened to be granted powers of longevity and nullification by the Tellan ritual. From what we saw, Mok was the superior swordsman. Perhaps Tool wasn't really defeated by Mok, and he could have kept on going, sustaining larger injuries and being maintained by the Ritual. But for the purposes of the duel fought in MoI, Mok was better. As Rel told us in RotCG, Seguleh duels don't hafta go to the death to be conclusive.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#59 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:33 AM

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 18 January 2011 - 04:33 AM, said:

View PostBlacksox, on 17 January 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

However, Tool's other powers are most likely latent abilities. He isn't like Dassem, or Rake, where you are thinking "umm, why doesn't he just blast his opponent into oblivion rather than swordfight him? I think Tool is just an amazing swordsman, who happened to be granted powers of longevity and nullification by the Tellan ritual. From what we saw, Mok was the superior swordsman. Perhaps Tool wasn't really defeated by Mok, and he could have kept on going, sustaining larger injuries and being maintained by the Ritual. But for the purposes of the duel fought in MoI, Mok was better. As Rel told us in RotCG, Seguleh duels don't hafta go to the death to be conclusive.

Mok defeated Tool and he makes no excuses for it, but since I am a fanboy I will make excuses for him. He most certainly says he is being weakened by Silverfox. He still manages to blow a hole in the city wall that hedge and the bridgeburner's follow in his wake. He doesn't use any such ability on Mok. Tool sees the ability/artistry of Mok as the better swordsmen. In my heart as a fanboy Tool would be the winner should they meet right now. At the end of DoD.

Sincerely
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users