MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#3341 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Do I need to download the package to join in with the Tekkit?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3342 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Looks like I'm locked out of Tekkit by my stupid old computer. It runs Intel GMA 3100X, which runs in 32-bit and as far as I can tell, cannot be upgraded to run in 64-bit, which is needed for Java 6, the foundation for the Tekkit program.

Stuck. Sucks.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3343 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

my home PC is a 32 bit XP box, are we going to have a problem then you say GH?

CF can you address this issue?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3344 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

If you can get 64-bit Java 6 running, then you should be able to partake. Otherwise, tough luck wookie.
~Abyss

#3345 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

You should be able to get Java 64 bit working from the command line?

Edit:
By entering the full system path manually, rather than using just java to launch it I mean. You need to edit a single file, launch.bat, this clip <here> might help but I've got sound off due to people sleeping so can't verify it at the moment.

Edit edit:
Hmm, I shouldn't have restarted it maybe 5 hours ago if it was undergoing maintenance then? Never mind :)

This post has been edited by Messremb: 04 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3346 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Mess - how can I use 64bit Java on the 32bit OS? Please provide some kind of reference, it is my understanding that is incompatible.

I'll get us a status update on the maintenance
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3347 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

Erm, I'm assuming that it works along the lines of: Install Java 64bit on your system. Edit the Tekkit launcher.bat file to point to the location of the 64bit version you just installed rather than the default 32bit version. Run Tekkit. Win.

TBH I'm on a 64bit system and have no way of testing this that comes to mind, it may be much more in depth than that but worth a try to eliminate the obvious before getting into the nitty-gritty
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3348 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

I have no input on this other than to say google it. I'm sure the problem has been dealt with in some fashion by somebody.

And yes, anybody joining the server will now need the tekkit launcher. It's simple to install (except for 32bit os-es apparently) and will download / mod anything that needs modded automatically.

Launcher is available from here:

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

And when the launcher loads up, you'll need to select "tekkit" in the drop down menu on the top left. Then just log into minecraft using your normal MC login and password. Note that Technic will not work for multiplayer. It's identical to tekkit except for some single-player mods that don't work in multiplay.

No word yet on when the server will be up. I'm still waiting for word form the admin. Hopefully soon!

Also, there will be no change in IP address.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3349 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

The server should not be down

The owner of the server has been very ill, so no upgrade has been performed, so we should still be running normally. If server is down, there is a larger issue that I'll need to escalate into an actual trouble ticket

#3350 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Just heard back from the VPS admin. We have our 3gig of ram.

I am pretty busy this weekend but will try to get it installed and working. Mess, if you're so inclined and I haven't already done it, you're welcome to install it too. Instructions are on the site, and I think it's necessary to turn off the nether-minerals mod in order for it to work (that mod is currently broken). Just make sure you don't specify any more than 3 gig in the start command, and please create a new folder to run it from so we don't get any cross-polination in the server settings files.

white-list.txt is used by both tekkit.jar and minecraft.jar. Copy pasting the file to the tekkit folder will give everybody with current access to the MC server acces to the tekkit server.

There is likewise nothing stopping us from using our current world file, although to get tekkit minerals, we'll have to find another new continent. Other tekkit stuff like the small-blocks mod and any of the machine blocks should be usable anywhere in the world, which leaves opportunity for serious re-decorating. You could have a remote mining base and build a factory out of one of your old castles if you wish! Fun! I'm open to using the world file or starting a new one. Either way I'll be in new territory so I'll just go with the majority on that.

Last thing, tekkit is not running MC at 1.3 levels, so new block placement mechanics (like for stairs) and sideways logs are not working. Enderchests are likewise not included in core MC, but one of the tekkit mods includes them instead (with a different recipe).

Last last thing. There are 3 types of blocks I'd like everybody to avoid, at least initially.

• Top-tier machines: like the singularity compressor and rotary macerators. They are all broken and they crash the server. Don't use them because we need to use a world editor to remove them before the server will work again, which is annoying.
  • World anchors: Fun as these are for keeping remote resource mining going while offline, they cause a lot of server lag and I'd like to get a feel for basic player-induced lag before we start allowing world anchors.
  • Timers with interval set less than 0.2 seconds: Like the top-tier machines, these crash the server. There is basically no reason you would need a timer set less than 0.2 seconds anyway, so just pay attention to it.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 05 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3351 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Will there be no option for those who don't want to play Tekkit?

A concise guide to making players computers work with new server would be great. I know some stuff is already posted, is it all there? I always have a hard time when we make big changes.

#3352 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Concise guide:

Download tekkit launcher

Install tekkit launcher

Launch tekkit

type in server ip

TEKKIT!

======================================

I don't mean to be snarky at all. It really is that simple.

I take back my thoughts on option for using the current world file. Since it is 1.3 now, we can't use it with tekkit, which is still on 1.2. We will need a new world :) sorry.

You can play vanilla if you wish. Just dont' use the tekkit blocks. Unfortunately it means you'll have a lot of useless minerals kicking around, but you can definitely still play vanilla. It may be possible to use the tekkit launcher on "vanilla mode" and still log into the server. I've never tried it, but the tekkit server file has a lot more functionality than the standard MC server and may allow for such things.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 05 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3353 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Ok, on the old server, because it runs to slow for me and since people are moving to tekkit, I bequeath all my worldly goods on the server to whoever wants them and finds them.

Please also take advantage of Gust's Gift. Just leave everything in the chest provided outside the door. I'm not evil, so for your reassurance, the chest is not sitting on dynamite or anything. The chest is for your convenience.

There is also a silk touch diamond pick among my things as well as slime balls. So enjoy.
~Abyss

#3354 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

What speed is your broadband GH?

This sounds like a farewell speech

#3355 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 05 October 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

What speed is your broadband GH?

This sounds like a farewell speech

Oh, well that's sucky too, my internet. But yes, a goodbye speech. I'm still playing minecraft all alone, but visiting the server and building my goodbuy gift took over 2 hours. It really shouldn't have, but there were so many freezes, gliches, etc, not fun. So I just decided to give up on the server till I have a better internet/computer. Plus it's more fun seeing the incredible structures everyone else creates.

But get there quick HO. That diamond pick is probably still waiting.
~Abyss

#3356 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

So, got to know, who tried the button? I like the glowstone after touch (I may not be using the server anymore, but I was curious). Anyways, let me know if an all day event happens on a brand new server. That may run well enough for my poor tired mac.
~Abyss

#3357 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

So is the new server up with Tekkit and a new world, or what are we doing? Maybe I'm just confused.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3358 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostObdigore, on 06 October 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

So is the new server up with Tekkit and a new world, or what are we doing? Maybe I'm just confused.

I thought it was something else not confusion. Maybe that was just me?
~Abyss

#3359 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostGust Hubb, on 07 October 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 06 October 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

I thought it was something else not confusion. Maybe that was just me?

Sense. Can you make it?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3360 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Depends on which of the five we are discussing.
~Abyss

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

24 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users