• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#3241 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

no need to trim or delete the server. The world is damn near infinite and it's enough to just to move far away in the nether I think. We did that on the old server and we were so isolated from the original area that it might as well have been a new server. The rail back to the main area eventually gave the option of returning home for old projects.

I believe we can change the spawn point as well. Then everybody whose spawn locations are at the main area will continue to spawn there. New players and those who are returning to the server after a hiatus will spawn at the new location.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 24 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3242 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

Yes, but won't that mean lots of travel to get to new areas? Who wants to build a railway? I don't want to have to wander about wondering if I'm in a new zone before starting to explore. Maybe that's just me, though.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3243 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

It's pretty easy to tell from the map if we're in a new zone or not. We also don't need a raliway, really...I just thought somebody might build one eventually. Remember nether travel is 8 to 1, so even a couple thousand blocks (not far really) in the nether will get us well outside the explored area. For travel to the new area initially we can just use creative mode and fly there in the nether.

I'm not going to edit the map because it's easy enough to not bother (and because I don't know how). If messremb really wants to do it then whatevs.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3244 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I guess you have an answer to world hunger and warfare to, eh?

I will play your cursed game, anyway, so do what you want, dictator
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3245 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 24 July 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

I agree with that mess. There is some far-ish out stuff like d'rek's place, and Darkwatch&co's base, but I know there are big sections to the south that were peripherally explored (to establish continent size ) by somebody and nobody has a base out there.

Alternately, we just go really far in the nether like we did on the last server and build a portal. That's probably the easiest solution overall, and a railroad link (or just a lit up path) would leave the option of returning easily.

Instead of a town this time we should collaboratively build a seriously epic castle with sweet redstone circuit defenses and have towers for private residences instead of plots in town. With the huge building height we could do some pretty cool architecture. It'll be a bit more crowded area-wise but height will more than make up for it. The mix of architectural styles, and the way folks blend them together will be interesting to see.

Want to try building someplace interesting too? Like a mountain biome or Taiga?

You can delete/trim my place if you want - I obviously never use it anymore (should've covered the door with wooden boards, I bet there's tons of vagrants in there now)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3246 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well, AFAIK drek's mountain was the only thing to the far east. Maybe we can just use that as a starting point for deleting things farther out. It would be easy to just have to go in one direction while seeking a new area.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3247 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Another thing that trimming down this map would be good for is when Mess eventually renders the map. It would be nice to have a render of the full map, and that could be possible with editing the map. Who knows, maybe some people don't want to join and want to keep doing their thing.
No Touchy.

#3248 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

has anybody started building a nether path to our new area?

I am stoked for the release. Fresh starts are fun.

I started a SP map just to get some practice. Been doing so much creative I was worried I'd forget how.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3249 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

I'm going to wait till release before deciding on where I set up - I'll use a SP version to explore likely areas (working on the assumption here that the terrain generation system will alter yet again) before setting off in MP. I have a portal set up and waiting but no path to it. On checking in SP it comes out in an ice field of similar size to the huge continental one already discovered so I'm actually quite hoping the terrain changes.

Unless there are delays 1.3 is due out tomorrow, I'll be able to update server pretty much any time except 17:30-02:30 GMT if no one else gets there before me.

Edit: I actually find myself wanting to de-creative and de-op everyone and get back to building properly. I'm not announcing where I'll be going after server move to keep out those who can fly/make diamond mountains.

This post has been edited by Messremb: 31 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3250 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

Whose is that giant bridge in the sky? It's pretty impressive, albeit unfinished, it looks like.

Where would be a good place for me to set up? I don't want to wreck anybody's plans.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3251 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostMessremb, on 31 July 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

I'm going to wait till release before deciding on where I set up - I'll use a SP version to explore likely areas (working on the assumption here that the terrain generation system will alter yet again) before setting off in MP. I have a portal set up and waiting but no path to it. On checking in SP it comes out in an ice field of similar size to the huge continental one already discovered so I'm actually quite hoping the terrain changes.

Unless there are delays 1.3 is due out tomorrow, I'll be able to update server pretty much any time except 17:30-02:30 GMT if no one else gets there before me.

Edit: I actually find myself wanting to de-creative and de-op everyone and get back to building properly. I'm not announcing where I'll be going after server move to keep out those who can fly/make diamond mountains.

IF you are going to De-OP people, can you wait until the weekend? I'd like to fly to a new area and spawn a new continent or two then start building with the new stuff instead of going through the lolnether :)

Are we still doing the large new communal settlement or are people against that?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#3252 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

Whats the purpose in De-Oping people? I still want to work on my city in creative mode but would also like to go somewhere new after the update and work with some people there in legit mode. Id be switching around between the two. I think that we should find a nice area for a communal settlement for those who want to work together.
No Touchy.

#3253 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

I'd like to stay in creative mode so that I can actually build stuff without having to die all the time.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3254 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

New area will be no op powers but I don't agree we need to de-op anybody. Just placing it far away is probably a sufficient barrier to op-power intervention.

It's up to individuals to just switch their gamemode to survival if they wish to participate in the new area, and you'd have to ask mess real nice to get his coords.

Speaking of which, I am definitely for a collabo project.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3255 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Okay, quick world overview before the update:

Spoiler

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3256 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

North looks pretty clear actually. That should be a good place to head after tomorrow for those looking for a fresh start and EMERALDS.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3257 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

elitists

I will find you anyway

#3258 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Mess, are you gonna be putting up that rendering for download?
No Touchy.

#3259 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

I would love to be involved in the group project, especially if no powers are being allowed.
Error: Signature not valid

#3260 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Estimated arrival time of 1.3.1 is 3 hours from now - Linky - should have the server up and running it shortly after that

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

32 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook