• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#3001 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

I think it best to wait for official releases. Easier than getting everybody to manually update.

If we wait for the official release then the clients all do it automatically and only I need to worry about manual updates.

Any idea when that's supposed to come out officially?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3002 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 21 December 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

I think it best to wait for official releases. Easier than getting everybody to manually update.

If we wait for the official release then the clients all do it automatically and only I need to worry about manual updates.

Any idea when that's supposed to come out officially?

No idea. I haven't seen any news forecasting that an official update is coming any-time soon. There was (supposed to be anyway) a server update that has been released to fix the "invalid server key" bug, but that's it for official releases.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3003 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Oh. I'll check that then. If it doesn't require a client update then I'll definitely make that update.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3004 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

Took me about 50 tries to get on the server

@CF - what's the deal with these enchantments you speak of?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3005 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 21 December 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

http://www.minecraft...wiki/Enchanting

Basically you spend experience orbs to improve tools/weapons/armor

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3006 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

Still waiting for an update on that.

It really is a matter of time more than anything. If you get the end of stream or invalid key message, just wait 1 min or so and try again. I rarely have to wait more than 1 minute.

You get XPs from murdering stuff and every so many xps gives a level. Build an enchanting bench (4 obsidian, 2 diamond and a book) and put an enchantable item in the slot. 3 random enchants will come up, where the number of the enchant is how many "levels" it costs. To swap enchants, just remove the item and put it back to get 3 new ones.

The words actually translate to a different alphabet (galactic standard alphabet from Commander Keen to be exact) but I've just been picking the highest available one. Never tried anything above level 12 yet, but with that I got a pick of unbreaking II and Efficiency II. Makes mining very fast. I also just got a sword of Sharpness II and Knockback I. It murders shit like nobody's business.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3007 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 22 December 2011 - 02:55 AM, said:

Still waiting for an update on that.

It really is a matter of time more than anything. If you get the end of stream or invalid key message, just wait 1 min or so and try again. I rarely have to wait more than 1 minute.

You get XPs from murdering stuff and every so many xps gives a level. Build an enchanting bench (4 obsidian, 2 diamond and a book) and put an enchantable item in the slot. 3 random enchants will come up, where the number of the enchant is how many "levels" it costs. To swap enchants, just remove the item and put it back to get 3 new ones.

The words actually translate to a different alphabet (galactic standard alphabet from Commander Keen to be exact) but I've just been picking the highest available one. Never tried anything above level 12 yet, but with that I got a pick of unbreaking II and Efficiency II. Makes mining very fast. I also just got a sword of Sharpness II and Knockback I. It murders shit like nobody's business.

I'm going to check into this, it sounds like a great addition to the game. I assume the recipes are on the site to which D'rek has posted a link.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3008 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

Man, enchanting sucks. Today i went on a mass killing spree of pigmen, got to lvl 12 and died, losing my enchanted diamond pickaxe along with all my xp in a fire. I got pissed, OP's myself the 12 xp then enchanted another pick with Efficiency 1. WTF!? I got efficieny 1 with 3 xp before. I cant seem to get past the first level. Maybe im doing something wrong... Why does Notch make us guess with these enchantements? who has the time and patience to translate that wierd code everytime anyway?
No Touchy.

#3009 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

I read on the wiki that bookshelves areound the workbench allow for higher levels of enchantment

#3010 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

I'm going to have to demolish my bookshelves then, I've only managed one enchantment at level 7, the rest have been levels 20+ so far out of reach
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3011 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

Apparently you build a "room" of bookshelves around the bench - check the wiki in D'reks post above (Thanks D!)

#3012 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

I've been reading up on enchanting (but not doing the math because that would be crazy-obsessive :D ) and here's some notes:

1. It doesn't matter what XP level you *are*. It only matters what XP level you "spend" on it. The green number on the enchantment you pick is the number of XP levels you spend on it (and you lose that number of XP levels). If you are level 999 you can still pick an enchantment with a cost of 1 XP level and it will be the same as if you were level 1 and bought that same enchantment (but afterwards you will have XP level 998 or 0, respectively).

2. The gibberish-alphabet words don't have any effect on what enchantments you get from the given enchantment, they're just there for effect. Really you are just getting the option of picking any of 3 XP level costs. What enchantments, how many, etc are all determined *after* you pick one of the three enchantments.

3. The enchantments' XP level "cost" has a maximum of 50. But, with just an enchantment table you will never get one with a cost higher than 20 (I think that was the max). Placing bookshelves around the enchanting table increases the maximum XP level cost of the enchantments you can get. The best possible arrangement is this:

(view from above)

B.B.B.B.B
B............B
B.....E....B
B............B
B.B.....B.B

B = two blocks of bookshelves (stacked vertically)
E = enchanting table

That's 30 bookshelves placed around the enchanting table, with with the enchanting table on the same vertical level as the lower bookshelf blocks. With that arrangement you can enchantments with an XP cost of up to the absolute maximum of 50. I've got this setup in my mountain and you can tell its working because letters fly through the air from the shelves to the enchanting table (neat!).

Note that the bookshelves don't allow you to get higher-cost enchantments at a lower level - you still need to be at level 50 to activate an enchantment with an XP cost of 50 and doing so will put you at level 0.

4. The only two factors that you can control which affect the odds of what enchantments you get are:a} your choice of what item you are enchanting, and b} the XP cost of the enchantment you pick.

For {a}, material values (higher is better):

Armor:
Gold = 25
Leather = 15
Diamond = 10
Iron = 9

Weapons/Tools:
Gold = 22
Wood = 15
Iron = 14
Diamond = 10
Stone = 5

So you are most likely to get the best possible enchantment(s) with gold items and spending 50 XP at once. The higher the combination of these numbers (plus or minus some randomization factors) the more likely you are to get multiple enchantments, rarer enchantments (like silk touch) and higher-power enchantments. (Power being the I, II, III, IV, V after the enchantment - the higher the more potent the enchantment. ie: a sword with Sharpness I does half a heart extra damage while a sword with Sharpness IV does two hearts extra damage.)

Of course, there's some tradeoff between a better (probable) enchantment on a gold item which doesn't last very long versus a (probable) not-as-good enchantment on a diamond item which lasts much longer.

#3013 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

I do have bookshelves. I got efficiency 1 using 3 xp, and efficieny 1 using up 12 xp. So it looks like its all just random and you just have to get lucky. Bad news for me since luck usually aint on my side.
No Touchy.

#3014 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

Looks like Santy Claus has killed MC for now - same thing happened last year

#3015 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

Ha. My fault there.

Things got screwed up with billing when I switched around a couple credit cards. Should have it up and running in a day or 2.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3016 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 28 December 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

Ha. My fault there.

Things got screwed up with billing when I switched around a couple credit cards. Should have it up and running in a day or 2.

We can rebuild it. We have the technology. It will be bigger, faster, stronger.

[cue inspector gadget theme]

#3017 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:13 AM

Wait, does that mean our world is gone? :'(
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3018 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

World and server were up and running last night, if any issues I have a backup from the 18th kicking around but it looks like CF got it all sorted.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#3019 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

I thought they might have suspended me and didn't even bother to just reboot the server. Thanks for that messremb.

Nothing to worry about. they don't delete the data, they just shut off the VPS until the billing is sorted, but apparently there's a grace period involved. Hopefully today or tomorrow I will update stuff and all will be well.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#3020 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hey, so it looks like 1.1 is out. What are the chances the server can be updated?
No Touchy.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

33 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users