• You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2881 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

nice sleuthing Messremb.

That will make it about 6:30 here and I very likely won't be at home then. If you are around messremb, I'd be grateful if you could start up a new server.

Procedure is thus

• Make a new whitelist file in which you are the only name (but keep the old one....just give it a slightly different name or file extension)
  • zip current world file,
  • delete the unzipped world file.
  • delete current minecraft.jar
  • delete contents of mods folder (no industrial craft files)
  • wget the new minecraft.jar file
  • run minecraft.jar.
the server.properties file tells it which folder to look in for world files, which is set to "Malazan Empire" right now. The server handles generation a new world with that name all on its own if the folder it's looking for is not present.

Then jump into the newly generated server and see if you like the place you spawn. If not (for instance if it is an ocean biome) just delete the world file and run minecraft.jar again. It will make a new world. Rinse, repeat until you find an interesting start area that you like.

If you aren't able to do it, I will take care of it saturday morning.

simple as that.

@all

If for some reason the new world isn't up by saturday, just assume that we have either both died horrible fiery deaths or that minecraft.net is overloaded with DL requests. In case of the former, do not mourn us. We died to save the rest of you. In case of the latter, just be patient.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 18 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2882 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

OK, MC overlords 1&2-

Give us the procedure to get our systems back in sync with new world.

I assume the following:
1. IP address will not change
2. Delete the IC mod folders
3. MC server will DL the new update and we're back in the game
4. Update Java yet again

Please confirm/deny
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2883 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 18 November 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

OK, guys, before you start the new world, try this (fun times)

1. Save the world file & back up in a secure location.
2. Load a copy of the world file
3. Go to the most densely populated area - probably the original spawn zone
4. Plant nukes everywhere possible, underground, etc.
5. Take a step back (ok, maybe 2) & build a tower to the sky
6. Turn up resolution to your game all the way (install 2nd video card if needed)
7. Press "Record" on some capture software that you computer geniuses already know and love
8. Detonate the world
9. Post on forum & YouTube for posterity (you might get famous)
10. Get rep from everyone
11. Smile and nod with self-congratulatory smugness

Messremb and I did some of this already. He has apparently been running around on a SP copy and blowing the shit out of things.

I just wanted to demolish my castle and moon spawn...so we did the other day after which we re-loaded the world file. 2 nukes required to take out all of Castle CF. I was surprised. 1 nuke made swiss cheese out of Moon Spawn though. Hardly anything left of it.

View PostHiddenOne, on 18 November 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

OK, MC overlords 1&2-

Give us the procedure to get our systems back in sync with new world.

I assume the following:
1. IP address will not change
2. Delete the IC mod folders
3. MC server will DL the new update and we're back in the game
4. Update Java yet again

Please confirm/deny

Yes. Procedure is more or less as you describe.

IP and whitelist (once we settle on a start area we like) will remain unchanged.

Additionally,
  • Locate your .minecraft folder and completely delete it (or just rename it if you want to keep it as a backup).
  • Re-download the newest client from minecraft.net and run it. When you run it, it will note the absence of the .minecraft folder and will create a new .minecraft folder, new minecraft.jar, new everything, all up to date for the new release. I have no idea if beta clients will update themselves to the full release, so best advice is to start fresh.
  • Messremb or I will restart the server at the earliest opportunity using the newest minecraft_server.jar file, with an empty whitelist, and repeat the process until we get a decent spawn area (ie not in the middle of a desert or ocean biome)
  • Whitelist will be reinstated.
  • Good to go.
  • Update java of course.

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2884 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

When should this be done? Any estimated time that we should begin to try to login?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2885 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

Upthread a bit it says the time of release will be 2:30PM pacific time, which means I probably won't be in town (heading out to a buddy's hunting camp tonight - it will be 6:30 PM here). Messremb may be around and could effect the change. At worst I will do it by mid-day (eastern) on Saturday.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2886 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Are you going hunting game or drunkenness? Good luck either way I suppose

#2887 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hunting a deer hopefully. Maybe it will drop some venison I can cook up in my cobblestone furnace at home with coal I picaxed out of the hill behind my house.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 18 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2888 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Don't cook with coal. Instead, use your axe & chop wood from the forest behind that hill behind your house.

Hunting season was underway here last couple weeks sometime, many people get the fever, even take off work to hunt. Ahhh, rural life

#2889 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

Server is currently down whilst I update. Got distracted by pub, sorry.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2890 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

Server is up and running 1.0.0, I sort of expect there to be a few updates over the coming days so if you get prompted to update when logging in the server may be needing it too, will be sorted though.

Spawn point is a pint/hilly region, I'm not too sure of the exact layout as creating the world in Creative and changing it to Survival had issues with health/hunger not operating. I've built a tiny little hut that is somewhere to hide whilst I spend a weekend away from the computer.

If you fancy a different seed CF I've not got anything to lose - I couldn't get anything other than small-ish landmasses covered in pines for some reason.

Enjoy folks!
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#2891 User is offline   gunner507 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

hello people havent been on minecraft for a while, so right now its safe to assume that we started a new world?

#2892 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

View Postgunner507, on 19 November 2011 - 02:45 AM, said:

hello people havent been on minecraft for a while, so right now its safe to assume that we started a new world?

Yes, a new world to explore

I'll try to get on today and see how it goes then report back

#2893 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Log-in success, Sirkus was on there too.

I have claimed a mountain just off the spawn location, marked with an "H"

The mobs are very aggressive!!!

Had an issue with the server, saying end of stream error, and also invalid server key, but was able to get on with Direct Connect

#2894 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

many thanks to messremb.

new world looks just fine.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2895 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Server key I've been having too, needs a minecraft client restart a time or two apparently. Not sure why, suspect it'll be patched soon. Not going to be on at all this weekend alas :)

Edit:
Atually, got a little time so may be

This post has been edited by Messremb: 19 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

#2896 User is offline   gunner507 

• Recruit

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

men its hard to start all over.... dam creepers.... oh and i met some mushroom cows, really freaky stuff

#2897 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

Mushroom cows...awesome

#2898 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

they are officially called mooshrooms

I have chosen a site very close to the spawn. Anybody who wants to is welcome to build nearby. I don't have much of a castle yet, just quarrying my way down to bedrock to begin a mine and slowly cooking up stone to make my walls.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 20 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2899 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

We have a Stronghold located and have put up a nether portal from the ravine next to it that by some daring exploration has a route to a Nether Fortress established too. Follow the torches and stone/cobbles to get there. Blaze's are quite dangerous, one spawner took out 3 of us within seconds of each other. Blaze rods are useful though so please don't smash the spawners.

Edit:
I've done a small render tonight, rather than viewing it live it's a 16MB zip file download, extract it and run the index.html file, allow the scripting and it'll work. Link is: http://www.mediafire...s13b95rilwg0n2l

This post has been edited by Messremb: 21 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

#2900 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Thanks messremb.

Looks like there were a few thefts yet again. Everybody please remember that there is no way to tell who stole what from where in the log files so unless you catch somebody at it, there's very little left evidence-wise.

Like before, keep a hidden chest somewhere for valuables. I've done this since we had thefts in the old world. It's a small pain, but not too bad considering you don't have to go re-mine all that iron / diamonds / whatever.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic